How about Corey Davis?

HappyDays

How realistic is for a wide receiver to join a team at this time and develope a repport with the QB. At best, I see him as a deep bench addition.

9 minutes ago, gjv said:

How realistic is for a wide receiver to join a team at this time and develope a repport with the QB. At best, I see him as a deep bench addition.

We are really just talking about the 5th and 6th spots.  Shakir, Samuel, Coleman, and Hollins are the top 4.  Plus with Kincaid taking a lot of targets the importance of the #5 and # 6 guy is probably more on special teams than anything.

59 minutes ago, Gregg said:

Shakir was our #1 down the stretch and played well. Kincaid had a good rookie season. If both players can continue to improve and there is no reason to think they won't then our passing attack will be very good with Allen. Next offseason I expect Beane to be aggressive in FA with him having more money to spend unlike this year.

If McBeane were confident with their WR group, they wouldn't be making moves or inquiring about street FA's at this point in camp.  Because if losing Chase Claypool means you gotta find explore WR's off the street, something is dreadfully amiss.  

Thing about Kincaid is, they used him close to the LOS and this season that's not going to fly.  His 73 receptions averaged 9.2 yards per catch, or among TE's with 20 or more catches ranked 37th of 47.  His yards per target was only 7.4, or 24th of 47.  For reference, Knox was 40th and 45th respectively.  

They have to feature Kincaid on deeper routes, because their WR group features no one who is a legit threat.  Not MVS, not Hollins, and certainly not Shakir or Samuel.  And if you need to bank on Coleman, then that's an issue as well. 

9 minutes ago, BillsVet said:

If McBeane were confident with their WR group, they wouldn't be making moves or inquiring about street FA's at this point in camp.  Because if losing Chase Claypool means you gotta find explore WR's off the street, something is dreadfully amiss.  

Thing about Kincaid is, they used him close to the LOS and this season that's not going to fly.  His 73 receptions averaged 9.2 yards per catch, or among TE's with 20 or more catches ranked 37th of 47.  His yards per target was only 7.4, or 24th of 47.  For reference, Knox was 40th and 45th respectively.  

They have to feature Kincaid on deeper routes, because their WR group features no one who is a legit threat.  Not MVS, not Hollins, and certainly not Shakir or Samuel.  And if you need to bank on Coleman, then that's an issue as well. 

Kincaid's average depth of target did tick up pretty considerably under Brady as opposed to Dorsey. Was averaging a paltry 3.8 yards depth per target under Dorsey. Was up to 7.2 yards depth per target under Brady. That was one of the positive  changes he made on offense. Two big games against the Pats and Steelers (playoffs) skew that a bit but they were two of the last 4 games and even without them it still ticked up more than a yard to 5.2 in the other 7 Brady coached games.

• Like (+1) 3

we do not need to panic, let Beane do his job and we will see where we are when the season ends. I say the more the merrier lets make these mid level guys have to step up their game and if that happens he will be executive of the year. 

Edited by Bigantall
wanted to remove a word

26 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Kincaid's average depth of target did tick up pretty considerably under Brady as opposed to Dorsey. Was averaging a paltry 3.8 yards depth per target under Dorsey. Was up to 7.2 yards depth per target under Brady. That was one of the positive  changes he made on offense. Two big games against the Pats and Steelers (playoffs) skew that a bit but they were two of the last 4 games and even without them it still ticked up more than a yard to 5.2 in the other 7 Brady coached games.

And that's a fair distinction to make as it could point to a change in use for this season.

My main point is they now need to feature him Kincaid deeper and his development from Year 1 to 2 is paramount to their offense succeeding.  I don't like the emphasis they're placing on Kincaid improving so much.  And, Coleman being put into a tough position as, apparently, the X.    

Can't have him averaging 9.2 yards per catch this year.  We will see. 

• Agree 1

14 minutes ago, Bigantall said:

we do not need to panic, let Beane do his job and we will see where we are when the season ends. I say the more the merrier lets make these mid level guys have to step up their game and if that happens he will be executive of the year. 

I  usual panic whenever someone tells me not to panic but that may be due to previous cases when they told me to not panic before a disaster.

8 minutes ago, BillsVet said:

And that's a fair distinction to make as it could point to a change in use for this season.

My main point is they now need to feature him Kincaid deeper and his development from Year 1 to 2 is paramount to their offense succeeding.  I don't like the emphasis they're placing on Kincaid improving so much.  And, Coleman being put into a tough position as, apparently, the X.    

Can't have him averaging 9.2 yards per catch this year.  We will see. 

Agree, I was just adding useful context. I do think Kincaid's usage was quite different between the two OCs. But I am totally on board with they have to get Kincaid down the field. 

• Like (+1) 1

On 8/15/2024 at 7:48 AM, harmonkillebrew said:

Really hope we're kicking the tires on the Ayiuk trade option.  Doesn't sound like we are though....

Aiyuk will sign with the Niners, just like all their other stars that went thru these drawn out negotiations.  I don’t know why that team puts their players thru this.