So, let's talk about Warren Sharp's latest tweet, it's a good one

5 minutes ago, One Buffalo said:

Not sure I see what the cause for alarm is here?  

Josh is 2/4 on goal line pass attempts for 2023.  Not great, but only 4 attempts the whole season.

https://www.footballdb.com/statistics/nfl/player-splits/passing/goalline/2023?sort=passatt

Mahomes only has 5 attempts, 3 scores.

And when you combine that with 7 rushing TD's on 8 attempts, that's a pretty good success rate when it's up to Josh to score.  

https://www.footballdb.com/statistics/nfl/player-splits/rushing/goalline/2023

You just made this thread and that tweet completely meaningless. 

• Like (+1) 2

Tom Brady and Patrick Mahomes have won 5 of the last 7 Super Bowls.   The Bills not winning a Super Bowl has nothing to do with being poor at scoring within the 10 yard line.   The Bills havent won the Super Bowl because Josh is playing in an era where the two best Quarterbacks of all time (were) are in the league.

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Who gives a ****.  We score everywhere else on the field at a high rate.  We have scored the most on average since 2020.  

What a silly thing to say... It's a clear problem, not just some throwaway stat you can shrug off. 

Dead last, and you say "who gives a ****?" 

Points matter, right? Just because you're successful at other parts of the field, doesn't mean you can ignore one of the most important parts. 

You know these embarrassing upsets we have year after year? Losing to the Urban Meyer Jags, blown out at home against the Colts, losing to the Jets without Rodgers, beaten by Mac Jones, etc. etc. etc...

Maybe not being dead last in a very important area of the field would help get us some extra points? 

Then again, so would not committing so many turnovers, but apparently Josh can't be blamed for that either because "who gives a ****? He's great all the other times!"

But isn't the goal to IMPROVE & win a SB? The Chiefs being the #1 offense over that period & Bills being #2 means we're neck & neck, but they've made 4 SBs & we've made zero. Is it all for that reason? Obviously not. 

But aside from last year, we've had a higher ranked D & been right there offensively, so... So is it ST? Coaching? Obviously it can't be Josh Allen, so maybe we SHOULD care about "cherry picked" things like this if we're DEAD LAST & see if they can be improved...

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

because they're effective

because they have a terrific oline

because they dont mind using their QB as a battering ram

But, if they have a terrific offensive line, shouldn't they NOT use a sneak because of the 3rd one? Hurts is just as $$$ as Allen is. 

The point is the Eagles have the best QB sneak team in the league. The Bills have the second best. Third isn't really even close. The Bills don't sneak because they have to, they sneak because it works.

Josh has a better percentage than Pat with the Ball in his hands inside the 5. Period. In 2023, anyway...I didn't look at other seasons

Edited by Mikey152

3 minutes ago, Mikey152 said:

But, if they have a terrific offensive line, shouldn't they NOT use a sneak because of the 3rd one? Hurts is just as $$$ as Allen is. 

The point is the Eagles have the best QB sneak team in the league. The Bills have the second best. Third isn't really even close. The Bills don't sneak because they have to, they sneak because it works.

Josh has a better percentage than Pat with the Ball in his hands inside the 5. Period. In 2023, anyway...I didn't look at other seasons

The Bills DO sneak because they have to is what I'm saying

I don't have the stats but I would guess we are near the bottom of the league in conversion rate on third/4th and short RB CARRIES ONLY over the last 2+seasons

And I would doubt the Eagles have anywhere near the same difficulty in that area

lol nothing like a little smack talk regarding #17 and we are awake! How dare he be last in anything!  DOOMED

yes Im being snarky. as long as the bills score TD's I don't care if they are running or passing. We having a legit red zone target we all hope Coleman will be would pad those pass stats. Right? Right.

remember when the Bills offense used to call tackle eligible plays? Those were a lot of fun to watch just sayin'

m

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

The Bills DO sneak because they have to is what I'm saying

I don't have the stats but I would guess we are near the bottom of the league in conversion rate on third/4th and short RB CARRIES ONLY over the last 2+seasons

And I would doubt the Eagles have anywhere near the same difficulty in that area

And the Chiefs pass because they can't sneak...and round and round we go.

1 minute ago, Mikey152 said:

And the Chiefs pass because they can't sneak...and round and round we go.

The Chiefs pass because they tried a sneak that turned Mahomes kneecap upside down and decided it wasn't worth it, plus they can scheme short yardage situations effectively

48 minutes ago, Slippery Rubber Mats said:

Am I supposed to be mad at Allen, McD, Terry, Diggs, or someone else here? The OP is ambiguous as they've all been here during that span.

OP wanted Allen traded last season, just so you’re aware of what level of take we are dealing with 

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Pine Barrens Mafia said:

So, three different OCs, the same ***** results within three yards of the goal line. What's the common denominator, everyone?

You make the call.

McBeane...

15 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

The Chiefs pass because they tried a sneak that turned Mahomes kneecap upside down and decided it wasn't worth it, plus they can scheme short yardage situations effectively

In 2019, Josh was tied with Mahomes for Passing TDs from inside the 5. (4 to 4)

In 2020, Josh had more passing touchdowns than Mahomes from inside the 5. (14 to 13)

In 2021, Pat had more (13 to 9)

In 2022, Pat had more (16 to 8 )

In 2023, Pat had more (12 to 6)

thats 58 for pat and 41 for Josh

Over that same period of time Josh has 28 rushing tds from inside the 5 and Mahomes has 6.  In case you were wondering, thats 64 for pat and 69 for Josh

Edited by Mikey152
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1