Anybody hiring?

Draconator

1 hour ago, Another Fan said:

If there's something good to this it will give you probably some much needed downtime and apply for unemployment benefits if you hadn't done so already.

But yeah it sucks.  I have more stuff at my age to put on my resume but truly my whole projective would be: A Job that minimizes human interaction as much as possibly along with unnecessary nonsense.  

best of luck 

Funny you mentioned unemployment. Some hacker filed for unemployment in my name and SSN 3 years ago. Now my unemployment account is flagged for fraud. It's currently under review, but there is no timetable for how long it will take.

• Shocked 1
  • Angry 2

1 hour ago, Draconator said:

Funny you mentioned unemployment. Some hacker filed for unemployment in my name and SSN 3 years ago. Now my unemployment account is flagged for fraud. It's currently under review, but there is no timetable for how long it will take.

The same thing happend to us at a large regional hospital I work at. A few of us, me included, got hit when they were shelling out $900 a week in unemployment for a while there.

• Sad 1

8 minutes ago, Draconator said:

I'm taking a sick day on my last day of work. 

Is that bad?

It depends on how your contract/severance is worded.  Would you lose anything by not being there? 

Is that bad?

I decided, when I retire, which is not too far off, I'm going to give my work 10-minute notice. I believe that is bad, and, well....so!

• Awesome! (+1) 1

Is that bad?

No but you need to make sure they are aware so anything they planned for you to do such as turn in equipment is done.

In fact it is best that any time off earned is taken off before you leave since any time off paid to you post termination is used by (un)employment offices to calculate in time when you can start collecting unemployment benefits you contributed to.

If sick time is not paid by company (it is not by my company) then it should be used first before any vacation is used.

5 minutes ago, Fleezoid said:

I decided, when I retire, which is not too far off, I'm going to give my work 10-minute notice. I believe that is bad, and, well....so!

It will be the stuff of legend! I can hear it now. “Well, he went for coffee, and he just never came back!” 

It’s not exactly halftime, but you’ll make all the schmucks you leave behind so jealous! 

just watch out for "you did not fill out time correctly so they are not giving you final paycheck".   Company tried that with me when they gave me notice and I left in a week. Fortunately I kept a hard copy of email to boss / HR of my termination letter.  They objected to me leaving before notice date since they now needed to fill position for short period of time.

18 minutes ago, Augie said:

It will be the stuff of legend! I can hear it now. “Well, he went for coffee, and he just never came back!” 

It’s not exactly halftime, but you’ll make all the schmucks you leave behind so jealous! 

I think some of the good people I work with won't be a bit surprised. On a slightly, but not quite similar note...years ago when I was still in the military, I had a small number of guys that worked for me. At some point, they started calling me Peter. I had no idea why. I hadn't seen the movie Office Space at the time and My bosses were jerks. After some time, they eventually explained that they thought I was going to snap and turn into Peter. Thinking back, I wish I had. 

1 hour ago, Augie said:

Oh, that reminded me of one job I quit.  My friend and I both showed up our last day, after giving two weeks notice.  Spent the first hour moving our service calls that were not completed to other techs with notes on what needed to be done.  Then announced to the office that we were going to Tullys and if anyone wanted to meet us there for lunch we’d like to see them.  And that’s what we did, spent the whole day playing games (back when Tullys had the small arcade and pool table) and eating/drinking.  Left at 5pm.  And we still put on our time sheets that we worked all day.  

Edited by Just Jack

My bosses reply: "I'm not giving you permission to use Sicktime in a non guidance manner, but if you feel the need to take the time off, go ahead. I'm not gonna ask for a dr note ;)

Thanks Ken, Feel better buddy"