Cook continues to drop passes

8 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

I think in the near future Cook will be relegated to a 3rd down RB.  He's talented but lacks focus.  Davis will be the #1RB down the road. 

He’s our modern day Ronnie Harmon. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Angry 1

37 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

I think in the near future Cook will be relegated to a 3rd down RB.  He's talented but lacks focus.  Davis will be the #1RB down the road. 

Who wants  3rd down RB that isn't reliable in the passing game and has a tendency to cough it up?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, Brand J said:

Lost in the Milano injury and stone hands Cook, Bass continues to miss FGs…

This is unconfirmed, but I heard Lucy pulled the ball back and he fell for it. 

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Virgil said:

At this point, it’s almost comical.  I can’t think of a professional athlete who can’t seem to figure out such a basic skill. 

From https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Steve_Sax :

"Though never regarded as one of the top fielding second basemen in the league, Steve Sax inexplicably became incapable of making routine throws to first base in 1983, committing 30 errors that season.[6] This is referred to in baseball terminology as "Steve Sax syndrome", the fielder's variant of "Steve Blass disease", named after the Pirates pitcher who suffered a similar breakdown of basic mechanics (also known as "the yips"). As his accuracy suffered, fans sitting behind the first base dugout began wearing batting helmets as mock protection.[7] (Teammate Pedro Guerrero, an outfielder pressed into service at third base in 1983, once reportedly stated that his first thought whenever he was in the field was "I hope they don't hit it to me", while his second thought was "I hope they don't hit it to Sax.")"

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, nbbillsfan said:

This aint preseason news, the guys hands (both catching and fumbling) have been an issue since literally his first carry.

Sure sounds like preseason news :flirt:

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, nbbillsfan said:

Cook does a lot of things well, but I would not be surprised if his star fades quickly. His drops/fumbles are a problem and I don't think he can be trusted, and McD seems like a guy who puts a ton of weight on that.

For fantasy football purposes, I am out on cooks and will target Ray Davis late.

I don't think he does a lot of things well. He does a few things well. He is lacking in a lot of areas. Short yardage. Pass protection. Catching passes. Having a sense of urgency in his running.

I just think he is a limited player. He is explosive when he wants to be, but I am not too sure he is someone we want to sign to a 2nd contract. It is up to him to prove he deserves that.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 1

16 minutes ago, Dablitzkrieg said:

He is underwhelming as a pass catcher and horrible in pass protection.  Great combo for a starting RB

I mean that was basically the scouting report coming out and why Zamir White was ahead of him in college.. but Beane outsmarted everyone and got Kamara .02.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

1 hour ago, LABILLBACKER said:

How can you be the 3rd down back of you can't catch and suck at pass blocking? It would more likely be the opposite with Davis coming in on 3rd down.

The amount of James Cook hate on this forum is.... pretty hilarious. He has dropped some untimely passes (that's an understatement) but he was literally sixth in yards from scrimmage in the NFL last year. The only RBs with more were McCaffrey and Breece Hall (whom Cook has a higher rushing avg). He had a higher rushing avg (4.7) and more yards than Travis Etienne, Bijan Robinson, Joe Mixon, Derrick Henry, Gibbs, Saquon, etc. etc. But I guess he's a bum and we should move on from him as quickly as possible.

Yes it sucks that he has problems catching the ball. That's why he's a running back and not a slot receiver. Do I wish he was CMC? Of course. But the Bills could do, and have done, a lot worse than James Cook. 

• Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1