Cook continues to drop passes

“A lowlight was also produced during team drills, as running back James Cook recorded yet another drop on a pass from Allen as the team was backed up inside its own five-yard line. Cook has yet to resolve the drop issues that cropped up a season ago, which leaves cause for concern as the regular season draws near.”

https://www.thedailynewsonline.com/sports/bills-lb-milano-exits-practice-with-apparent-arm-injury-other-injury-roster-updates-from-tuesday/article_6bf0ec72-5995-11ef-9643-83fec1f719c3.html

If this continues to be a problem, I hope the Bills will not rely on Cook in the passing game.

• Agree 1

Cook does a lot of things well, but I would not be surprised if his star fades quickly. His drops/fumbles are a problem and I don't think he can be trusted, and McD seems like a guy who puts a ton of weight on that.

For fantasy football purposes, I am out on cooks and will target Ray Davis late.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

Just now, dorquemada said:

Let's see what Davis can do with the 1st string for the rest of preseason.   I think people will be surprised

I think the kid has the potential to be the RB 1 we have needed for a long time now.  BUT he has to play to get there.

• Agree 1

13 minutes ago, SoonerBillsFan said:

They have to give Davis a fair shot to win the job.

Every job has to be earned, and kept. I’m glad we have the talent on the roster to have a real competition. Cook proved he can be VERY effective, but you can’t have glaring weaknesses in your game.  Trust is earned. 

Edited by Augie
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 2

At this point, it’s almost comical.  I can’t think of a professional athlete who can’t seem to figure out such a basic skill.   

I really hope he’s on a short leash with this crap.  It feels like he dropped a touchdown or fumbled a ball at least once a game down the stretch last year. 

• Like (+1) 5
  • Agree 4

Cook is a good back but he isnt great.    I assume he will have a similar career to most good backs.   He will play well here until his contract runs out then he will move on to free agency bouncing around the league until he fizzles out at 30 or 31.   Any sort of delusion he is a special back should go out the window quick.    He is above average with lots of warts.   Two years from now he will be on a different team. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 4