Matt Milano injured at practice

9 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Deon Jones.

Last seen running as the fourth string MLB.

It's possible they could move him to WILL, and that he could climb the depth chart.

Right now though, he seems to play a different position in the Bills defense than Matt Milano, and -- even if he were moved to MLB -- would seem to be behind Williams and Ulofoshio currently.

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Logic said:

It's possible they could move him to WILL, and that he could climb the depth chart.

Right now though, he seems to play a different position in the Bills defense than Matt Milano, and -- even if he were moved to MLB -- would seem to be behind Williams and Ulofoshio currently.

I think you mean moved to WLB. Currently playing MLB but if he were moved to WLB still guys ahead of him?

On 8/13/2024 at 11:29 PM, Mike in Horseheads said:

Check the spleen

Absolutely! Cut that sucker out asap…

• Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, Logic said:

Defense coordinators need to adjust defenses based on defense players available rather than just doing "next man up".  Wade Phillips did that changing formation of defense between games when he had two injuries in same position.   Bills did same thing in playoffs in Ravens putting Trent Murphy in "contain" position preventing Lemar from getting breakaway runs when rushed and limiting top rushing team to 150 yards.

24 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

I think you mean moved to WLB. Currently playing MLB but if he were moved to WLB still guys ahead of him?

Right, yes, misspoke in that last sentence. Coffee hasn't hit my brain yet this morning.

Even if they moved him to WILL, he'd still appear to be behind a few others. 

I understand that the linebacker positions are somewhat interchangeable in the McDermott defense, but not entirely.

Either way, I think the Bills would certainly prefer that their second year 3rd rounder steps up and lays claim to the role rather than having to depend on a 29 year old vet minimum journeyman free agent.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

47 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Deon Jones.

This acquisition could be of enormous value. While he is not Milano he is a quality player. He has had some injuries, but he was healthy all of last season. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Logic said:

Right, yes, misspoke in that last sentence. Coffee hasn't hit my brain yet this morning.

Even if they moved him to WILL, he'd still appear to be behind a few others. 

I understand that the linebacker positions are somewhat interchangeable in the McDermott defense, but not entirely.

Either way, I think the Bills would certainly prefer that their second year 3rd rounder steps up and lays claim to the role rather than having to depend on a 29 year old vet minimum journeyman free agent.

I think if Milano is out it is between Spector and Williams for the job. Williams is the more natural Will but the trusted Spector more at the end of last year and he has done some of both.

• Like (+1) 2

I was busy the other day and avoided the internet so I could focus and then I went on twitter and saw Matt Milano was hurt and Jazz Chisholm was hurt for the yankees.

Stinks when these guys get injured.  Since they have not said anything about this injury yet I assume its bad and he is either out indefinitely or like 8-12 weeks or something.

5 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

I was told torn bicep

We are looking at probably mid November for a return.

9 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

I think if Milano is out it is between Spector and Williams for the job. Williams is the more natural Will but the trusted Spector more at the end of last year and he has done some of both.

It'll be Spector.

7 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

I was told torn bicep

not positive but I think those are important.  

last year 49ers safety george Odum tore his bicep and was listed as out for 2-4 months.  Chargers tackle Rashawn Slater ruptured his bicep in september of 22 and missed the rest of the season.

So Milano is toast for this season if that is what he has.

Edited by MikePJ76
  • Sad 1