Matt Milano injured at practice

6 minutes ago, MasterStrategist said:

Your sharing of wild speculation, is not using "logic".

If he tore a bicep, you think he'd be trying push-ups and staying pads all practice...sound "logical"?

Again common sense applies here, not shoot the messenger as you say

Mentioning what an account on Twitter -- of which there are two prominent ones on Twitter that do this for the Bills --  lists as a few potential things to think about based on the information given, and indicating in my original post that it was merely a guess on this account's part, doesn't qualify as "wild speculation" in my eyes, buy YMMV.

1 minute ago, Tommy Callahan said:

If something was torn or ruptured.  He wouldn't of just stayed on the sidelines or doing the push up.  

That’s like saying if someone broke a bone in their foot they wouldn’t try to walk it off.  Sometimes you’re trying to figure out exactly what’s wrong and how bad it is.  These guys are tough as hell.  

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Logic said:

Mentioning what an account on Twitter -- of which there are two prominent ones on Twitter that do this for the Bills --  lists as a few potential things to think about based on the information given, and indicating in my original post that it was merely a guess on this account's part, doesn't qualify as "wild speculation" in my eyes, buy YMMV.

No problem with you mentioning it.  People just didn't like what the Thigh Doctor had to say.  I'm hoping it's just a nerve issue that resolves on its own.

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Billl said:

What kind of doctor would speculate to the general public regarding someone’s medical condition based on nothing more than 25 seconds of cell phone video shot from 50 yards away, though?

There are two prominent accounts that do this for the Bills, and a couple that do it for all teams in the league.

Often, it's nothing more than "the test the medical staff is administering is done to test for ligament damage" or "this body language indicates a conscussion" or "the way the heel moves is potentially indicative of an achilles tear". Stuff like that. 

Most viewers of football don't know what a Lachman Test or Pivot Shift test are, so some people with medical backgrounds point these things out on social media in an effort to inform them, so that they may have some sense of what might be going on with an injured player.

• Like (+1) 2

16 minutes ago, Logic said:

The amount of hate and accusations of attention seeking toward this dude simply because his speculation would be really unfortunate news for the Bills is wild.

For the record, he has been right and wrong in the past. He's simply a medical professional who shares his informed speculation on Twitter. He doesn't claim any secret knowledge or mysterious sources and he doesn't state anything definitively, and I've certainly never found him to be an attention seeker.

To each their own, but I think "don't shoot the messenger" (or, in this case, the informed speculator) applies here.

FWIW Kyle Trimble (Banged Up Bills) considers Thigh Doctor to be a hack who relies on baseless speculation more than true medical reasoning. His whole thing is putting out the most extreme worst case scenarios and profiting off of the views. I wouldn't take him too seriously. Banged Up Bills is the reliable account.

• Like (+1) 11
  • Agree 1

2 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

FWIW Kyle Trimble (Banged Up Bills) considers Thigh Doctor to be a hack who relies on baseless speculation more than true medical reasoning. His whole thing is putting out the most extreme worst case scenarios and profiting off of the views. I wouldn't take him too seriously. Banged Up Bills is the reliable account.

Thanks.

I'm curious to know the difference in expertise level between Banged Up Bills and Thigh Doctor. Are they both MDs? PTs? 

• Like (+1) 1

44 minutes ago, Mikie2times said:

image.thumb.png.25fcdca5f5c81fb2efbc536e78a45ec1.png

He has been reasonably healthy but sure, right now I would say he is very high risk. 

He’s literally never finished an entire season. Often injured come playoff time. It’s why we have guys like AJ Klein coming off their couch to play in the biggest game of the year. 

Just now, Punching Bag said:

Does the "Thigh Doctor" have malpractice insurance or did he get name from the way he cooks boneless chicken thighs?

Not gonna lie, "Thigh Doctor" would be a low key great name for a chicken place.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, mrags said:

He’s literally never finished an entire season. Often injured come playoff time. It’s why we have guys like AJ Klein coming off their couch to play in the biggest game of the year. 

What other playoff games has he missed?

• Thank you (+1) 1