Matt Milano injured at practice

30 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Heeeeere we go again

It’s always the same story with this guy. He’s great when he plays. But you cannot count on him. He gets hurt every damn season. If we were smart we would sit him the entire season and hope that he can show up to the playoffs healthy. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, Low Positive said:

I'll wait until arm doctor chimes in before I begin panicking. 

Also, wouldn't it be funny if he wasn't a doctor at all, but just a guy who uses the line "ladies call me the thigh doctor" on women in bars?

That does sound kinky.  I'm gonna try it at the strip club this weekend and share the results

1 minute ago, mrags said:

It’s always the same story with this guy. He’s great when he plays. But you cannot count on him. He gets hurt every damn season. If we were smart we would sit him the entire season and hope that he can show up to the playoffs healthy. 

image.thumb.png.25fcdca5f5c81fb2efbc536e78a45ec1.png

He has been reasonably healthy but sure, right now I would say he is very high risk. 

• Like (+1) 2

9 minutes ago, LeGOATski said:

Idk who this thigh doctor is, but I'd rather hear from Dr. Pete, the guy on Joe Marino's show. He's usually pretty accurate and not an attention *****.

You mean Kyle Trimble (who is on Joe Mariano's show regularly)? Here's what he says:

• Like (+1) 2

19 minutes ago, MasterStrategist said:

That's a ridiculous take by ThighDoc

It was later reported that Milano remained in pads, tested his arm with push-ups and moving/pickup a Jugs machine.  Trainers wouldn't allow him to do any physical strain, if they feared the worst 

15 minutes ago, Malazan said:

Well he's consistently wrong so that's good news. Pretty sure this guy just throws out worst case scenarios because it gets attention.

12 minutes ago, LeGOATski said:

Idk who this thigh doctor is, but I'd rather hear from Dr. Pete, the guy on Joe Marino's show. He's usually pretty accurate and not an attention *****.

The amount of hate and accusations of attention seeking toward this dude simply because his speculation would be really unfortunate news for the Bills is wild.

For the record, he has been right and wrong in the past. He's simply a medical professional who shares his informed speculation on Twitter. He doesn't claim any secret knowledge or mysterious sources and he doesn't state anything definitively, and I've certainly never found him to be an attention seeker.

To each their own, but I think "don't shoot the messenger" (or, in this case, the informed speculator) applies here.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

16 minutes ago, Malazan said:

Well he's consistently wrong so that's good news. Pretty sure this guy just throws out worst case scenarios because it gets attention.

These camera chasing Drs. are all idiots.  David Chao is the worst.  

• Agree 2

I am guessing 2 things here. 1) SLAP 2b Tear meaning proximal Biceps issue as well. And 2) this is a guy who has pushed his body beyond its breaking point repeatedly to play at a high level in the NFL, and his body is now just breaking down.  We have all seen this, body parts start breaking down and the player is never 100%.   I hope a couple of the offseason signings can step up.  

• Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Logic said:

The amount of hate and accusations of attention seeking toward this dude simply because his speculation would be really unfortunate news for the Bills is wild.

For the record, he has been right and wrong in the past. He's simply a medical professional who shares his informed speculation on Twitter. He doesn't claim any secret knowledge or mysterious sources and he doesn't state anything definitively, and I've certainly never found him to be an attention seeker.

To each their own, but I think "don't shoot the messenger" (or, in this case, the informed speculator) applies here.

What kind of doctor would speculate to the general public regarding someone’s medical condition based on nothing more than 25 seconds of cell phone video shot from 50 yards away, though?

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, Bleeding Bills Blue said:

Where were you at the start of Milano watch 2024?  

Not just Milano but the injury bug biting key players we expect to contribute this year. Defense was decimated last year here is hoping it is not another repeat.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Logic said:

Your sharing of wild speculation, is not using "logic".

If he tore a bicep, you think he'd be trying push-ups and staying pads all practice...sound "logical"?

Again common sense applies here, not shoot the messenger as you say

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, MasterStrategist said:

If he tore a bicep, you think he'd be trying push-ups and staying pads all practice...sound "logical"?

Yes actually it does. The long head of biceps is attached to the labrum, so yeah he COULD be trying to figure out if its shoulder, elbow or whatever. No one said Biceps rupture.

4 minutes ago, MasterStrategist said:

Spoken like someone who never had a sports injury

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

48 minutes ago, Mikie2times said:

We have undersized everything. Plenty of players with recent major injuries or injury history. When we have 3-4 starters on defense out by the middle of the season it's not bad luck, it's what should be expected. 

Despite the eyeroll reactions you're not wrong. Especially at LB. We should expect Milano and/or Bernard to miss time, it's part and parcel of their body type. IMO keeping 6 LBs is a must. Can't have a situation like the divisional round arise again. Milano, Bernard, Williams, Spector, and Ulofoshio are essentially locks, but I would 100% keep whoever looks better between Morrow and Jones too.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2