Matt Milano injured at practice

6 minutes ago, MarkKelso'sHelmet said:

Was it a minor tear until he did a push up on it?  Thereby making it major? Is this indeed the story ?

They also seriously considered having him rub some dirt on it, before doing push ups. 

2 hours ago, machine gun kelly said:

i stand corrected as it must have been a minor tear.  I’ve seen complete tears and these guys were taken off in ambulances immediately.

my apologies guys.  I hate this as he’s so critical to our defense.

4 years, Guns.  4 straight years we've lost an All-Pro player on defense.

To heck with all out there singing the traditional "all teams have injuries."

Straight

Years

• Angry 3

Milano's sadly has become useless to the Bills. We'll likely have to wait until next year to see if he's even a viable player. According to the NFL Network, Milano's been one of the most unrelable MLB's in NFL history. He's not ever played one entire NFL season. Plus the Bill's keep Milano in some secret crypt when he's injured. No news is ever available about his status. Next time we'll likely have an update on Milano is December. Time to move on.         

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, LABILLBACKER said:

Josh again "as usual" will be asked to be Superman and outscore teams with a marginal wr room and a RB who drops half his passes. Yay....we ask so much every year from this McDermott defense,  yet they constantly get injured or underperform. 

We must have the worst conditioning staff on the face of the earth. 

it's called football, a very violent game. Injuries are part of the game - even on a tackling dummy, an abnormal load placed on the biceps caused this. These "worst conditioning staff" posts don't make sense to me at all. 

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

1 hour ago, BuffaninSarasota said:

it's called football, a very violent game. Injuries are part of the game - even on a tackling dummy, an abnormal load placed on the biceps caused this. These "worst conditioning staff" posts don't make sense to me at all. 

Is it standard trainer behavior to ask the player with the potential bicep tear "do some pushups to test it out"

• Agree 1

6 hours ago, Chaos said:

Is it standard trainer behavior to ask the player with the potential bicep tear "do some pushups to test it out"

2 hours ago, Brand J said:

Or lift the jugs machine?

all standard and totally reasonable stuff

6 hours ago, Chaos said:

He was actually fine.  He tore it when they asked him to do pushups.

9 hours ago, RG Murdock said:

Milano's sadly has become useless to the Bills. We'll likely have to wait until next year to see if he's even a viable player. According to the NFL Network, Milano's been one of the most unrelable MLB's in NFL history. He's not ever played one entire NFL season. Plus the Bill's keep Milano in some secret crypt when he's injured. No news is ever available about his status. Next time we'll likely have an update on Milano is December. Time to move on.         

The best ability is availability 

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, pi2000 said:

He was actually fine.  He tore it when they asked him to do pushups.

I wonder if anyone in the media has the cahones to ask McD about this…

it’s gross incompetence  if true and the staff in question should be dismissed…

even in financial terms alone… millions of your investment down the tubes…

13 hours ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

4 years, Guns.  4 straight years we've lost an All-Pro player on defense.

To heck with all out there singing the traditional "all teams have injuries."

Straight

Years

I know bud.  It’s freakin frustrating.  Can’t any injuries be to our depth people, not our studs.  The football gods don’t like us.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

Does anyone think he will be out for the reason or do you think he will actually return late season? Every time he gets these injuries it’s “indefinitely” 

There must be something in his contract that says his medical information can be withheld from reports or something really bizarre 

Edited by Bills!Win!

14 hours ago, RG Murdock said:

I really like Milano and he was All-Pro for us prior to injury. I will never forget him wrecking Dolphins and Jets quarterbacks  for us.

That being said, you’re not wrong about him being unreliable. He has never played a full season as a starter for us - ever. He missed six games in 2020, a game in 2021, two games in 2022, and then 12 games last year.

14 hours ago, RG Murdock said:

Careful. There’s too many people here that refuse to believe that he’s made of glass and constantly injured/hurt. 

1 hour ago, Bills!Win! said:

Does anyone think he will be out for the reason or do you think he will actually return late season? Every time he gets these injuries it’s “indefinitely” 

There must be something in his contract that says his medical information can be withheld from reports or something really bizarre 

I would think he is out for the season and, quite frankly, that we have seen the last of him in a Bills uniform. Teams get 8 players they can bring back from IR. Up to 2 of those can be IRed on final cutdown day with a designation to return. But that counts toward the team’s 8 whether or not they return. I doubt they use one of those on the off chance he makes it back. Now if the Bills cut Reid Ferguson for a day so they can keep Milano on the 53 and IR him in season, then there is hope.

Next season Milano is set to make $10M in new money. He’ll be 31 and will be coming off of two significant injuries. He’s either going to take a big pay cut or he will be released in March (probably with a post 6/1 designation). 

And that all sucks. He’s one of my favorite Bills. But that’s the reality of it all. 

12 hours ago, Chaos said:

No, not at all. There is a very established test you do for an initial prognosis of a bicep tear and it does not involve a push up. Some questions to be answered for the training staff 100%.

• Agree 1

On 8/16/2024 at 8:16 AM, BarleyNY said:

I would think he is out for the season and, quite frankly, that we have seen the last of him in a Bills uniform. Teams get 8 players they can bring back from IR. Up to 2 of those can be IRed on final cutdown day with a designation to return. But that counts toward the team’s 8 whether or not they return. I doubt they use one of those on the off chance he makes it back. Now if the Bills cut Reid Ferguson for a day so they can keep Milano on the 53 and IR him in season, then there is hope.

Next season Milano is set to make $10M in new money. He’ll be 31 and will be coming off of two significant injuries. He’s either going to take a big pay cut or he will be released in March (probably with a post 6/1 designation). 

And that all sucks. He’s one of my favorite Bills. But that’s the reality of it all. 

Yeah people don’t want to believe that. But it’s the Tre White scenario all over again.