Matt Milano injured at practice

12 minutes ago, Brand J said:

There’s an extremely high rate of injuries on the Bills in the last few years. At one point they almost never got injured, I think they were something like 4th in the league in missed games. Now it’s one guy after another. 

Yeah, time to switch up staff.

I didn't believe this report initially cause a reporter said he was doing push-ups after leaving field at same practice.

Wtf! Who green lit push-ups? Who diagnosed it as minor? No salary cap on good staff, Terry needs to drill another well.

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

46 minutes ago, MikePJ76 said:

Out Indefinitely is always the worst.

Missing two important safeties, Milano and the D Line is just average at best.

The start of this season is going to be rough.

Josh again "as usual" will be asked to be Superman and outscore teams with a marginal wr room and a RB who drops half his passes. Yay....we ask so much every year from this McDermott defense,  yet they constantly get injured or underperform. 

41 minutes ago, MikePJ76 said:

McDermott is speaking and umm Knox and Samuel are out of practice today too.

Geezus.  

On Milano, said he is a tough strong young man with a good family.  He will be supported.  We have to move forward and focus on solutions.

He was hurt in a tackling drill with the bag.  Its Too early to say if he can return this year.

We must have the worst conditioning staff on the face of the earth. 

• Agree 2

On 8/13/2024 at 3:33 PM, MasterStrategist said:

That's a ridiculous take by ThighDoc

It was later reported that Milano remained in pads, tested his arm with push-ups and moving/pickup a Jugs machine.  Trainers wouldn't allow him to do any physical strain, if they feared the worst 

I would say this post is a ridiculous take by MasterStrategist

• Like (+1) 1

On 8/13/2024 at 5:02 PM, mrags said:

I never said he missed other games. I said he’s often injured come playoff time. The facts are still facts. The guy has never completed a full season. He’s often injured. The guy is made of glass. 

3 games

1 game

6 games

1 game

2 games

12 games 

Add another 12+ games to his resume 

naw, never injured. SMH 

Let's do some 2025 draft threads! 

2 hours ago, ALLinALLEN said:

We didnt feed the pit enough this offseason 

I'm into sacrificing a few posters...

Edited by nedboy7

I now see Milano as a wash for the year. As Tre' White in 2022 and Von Miller last year have shown, rushing back too soon does not always mean that you are going to get the fully healed and ready version back. Getting any type of production is not likely even if he returns in December.

The amount of injuries every year is no longer bad luck or anecdotal. Something needs to be done to find out where the staff is falling short in keeping the players healthy.

• Agree 1

On 8/14/2024 at 6:33 AM, machine gun kelly said:

Agreed on all points as I’ve been working in various specialties in medicine for the last 26 years.  If he had a bicep tear he wouldn’t be doing push ups.  He’d be in agony and it’s an easy diagnosis.  I’ve seen 3 complete tears in my life, because inexperienced conventional Powerlifters (Squat, Bench, Deadlift) will when completing a deadlift, not follow the golden rule that you’re arms are just clamps, and not to shrug the bar.  You’re bicep can’t handle once you get above 600lbs to shrug anything.

Its agony on the person and experienced Powerlifters on a National level are as tough as football players as when I did it for 17 years.  We always live in pain as the body is just not meant to be doing that extreme level of weights. As evidenced by my joints in my 50’s.  I don’t regret it, but I knew the risks and my form was perfect.

My point is not my resume at all, but a bicep tear is easy to diagnose.  That’s my point.

i stand corrected as it must have been a minor tear.  I’ve seen complete tears and these guys were taken off in ambulances immediately.

my apologies guys.  I hate this as he’s so critical to our defense.

• Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, dgrochester55 said:

I now see Milano as a wash for the year. As Tre' White in 2022 and Von Miller last year have shown, rushing back too soon does not always mean that you are going to get the fully healed and ready version back. Getting any type of production is not likely even if he returns in December.

The amount of injuries every year is no longer bad luck or anecdotal. Something needs to be done to find out where the staff is falling short in keeping the players healthy.

Definitely not a coincidence. Most other teams don’t have multiple season ending injuries every single year. 

On 8/13/2024 at 5:44 PM, Meatloaf63 said:

You could not even attempt a push up with a torn bicep tendon. I’ve torn a hamstring tendon twice and I was lucky if I could walk without excruciating pain. Had to walk strait legged for days, couldn’t even sit in a car and let the weight down on the seat. 

And today we realize the difference between an NFL player at peak physical fitness and you .... a middle aged slightly porky keyboard warrior. 

• Haha (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, dgrochester55 said:

Rich Stadium should’ve never been built on ancient Indian burial grounds.

On 8/13/2024 at 2:18 PM, US Egg said:

Sept. 8th can't get here fast enough.

I have to disagree because I want injured players to have enough time to get back on the field. I don't care if the Bills play scrubs for the next two preseason games.  

15 minutes ago, mrags said:

That new stadium can’t be built quick enough 

I wonder how large the burial grounds were.  If they extended far enough south to be under the new stadium too, we're screwed for life.

23 minutes ago, TrentEdwardsCheckDownOn4th said:

And today we realize the difference between an NFL player at peak physical fitness and you .... a middle aged slightly porky keyboard warrior. 

Hey!  A lot of us are OLD slightly porky keyboard warriors.

37 minutes ago, machine gun kelly said:

i stand corrected as it must have been a minor tear.  I’ve seen complete tears and these guys were taken off in ambulances immediately.

my apologies guys.  I hate this as he’s so critical to our defense.

I'm just glad it's not related to the leg he broke.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, TrentEdwardsCheckDownOn4th said:

Nice try pal, I was playing Soccer in college in better shape than a couch slob like you could ever hope for. Orthopedic said it’s a very vascular and one of the most painful injuries. Thus why athletes who even do a slight pull hop on one leg and then limp off the field.  The next day the back of the leg was completely black n blue from internal bleeding. The staff having him try a push up are negligent fools.

Edited by Meatloaf63
  • Agree 1