Matt Milano injured at practice

7 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

I was told torn bicep

If that is true that is a poor reflection on the Bills training staff. Because there is no way if you have a guy with a suspect torn bicep doing a push up to test it. There is a very widely accepted squeeze test that you do instantly and it generally gives you a pretty good guide. If he has torn his bicep the training staff have some serious questions to answer. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, MikePJ76 said:

not positive but I think those are important.  

last year 49ers safety george Odum tore his bicep and was listed as out for 2-4 months.  Chargers tackle Rashawn Slater ruptured his bicep in september of 22 and missed the rest of the season.

So Milano is toast for this season if that is what he has.

There was no need to Slater back in.  By the time he was healthy enough to come back, the Chargers were on a major skid and no hope for the playoffs.

They lost 8 out of their last 9.  

Odum went on IR on November 27th and returned for the Super Bowl.  

So I believe we are looking at mid November at best for Milano.

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, MikePJ76 said:

not positive but I think those are important.  

last year 49ers safety george Odum tore his bicep and was listed as out for 2-4 months.  Chargers tackle Rashawn Slater ruptured his bicep in september of 22 and missed the rest of the season.

So Milano is toast for this season if that is what he has.

Yes, And didn't JJ Watt have that last season? I could be wrong. Milano.... ouch if true. Our D just took a solid hit.

2 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

There was no need to Slater back in.  By the time he was healthy enough to come back, the Chargers were on a major skid and no hope for the playoffs.

Thanks, I didn't realize he returned for the superbowl.  so that is like 3 months ish.

5 minutes ago, MikePJ76 said:

Thanks, I didn't realize he returned for the superbowl.  so that is like 3 months ish.

I looked at the game log, he had one tackle meaning he probably wasn't really ready to play and just for emergencies.  It was the Super Bowl, he probably just pushed through it.

Milano tore his a few days ago so 4 months is what I have been seeing on the web for recovery times.  So that's mid November to me.  

• Like (+1) 1

Man, that sucks.   It's not even September. 

Talk about "next man up."  Someone has to do a decent job filling that hole until Milano can get back, and even then you have to wonder how well Milano will be able to step in, having missed for than a full year as the defense has been evolving.  As a practical matter, Milano may not be a factor at all this season.  

Major disappointment.  

• Like (+1) 2

21 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

If that is true that is a poor reflection on the Bills training staff. Because there is no way if you have a guy with a suspect torn bicep doing a push up to test it. There is a very widely accepted squeeze test that you do instantly and it generally gives you a pretty good guide. If he has torn his bicep the training staff have some serious questions to answer. 

I think the Orthopedic Surgeons on this board would have done a far better job

21 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

I doubt they told him to go do a pushup.  Probably decided on his own and they were like "WTF?"

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

And yet, the mighty Buffalo Bills almost got Easton Sticked.

I'm an emergency physician. Have seen some torn biceps before and this did not look like one to me, based on the general appearance of his left upper arm and the motions I saw him do on video after the injury. Could be a partial tear of the biceps tendon rather than a complete tear. Could still be a complete tear - you never know - but didn't look like one from the few videos I saw

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 3

Have to keep the defensive unit off the field at all costs to preserve them for the playoffs...and we can't even get out of TC healthy.  

This is what happens when the offense doesn't play complementary football: defensive players get hurt.  ;)

4 minutes ago, Doc said:

I doubt they told him to go do a pushup.  Probably decided on his own and they were like "WTF?"

They looked like they were observing though as in a "let's see how this goes" from what I saw. Maybe the photos / video gave a false impression. 

• Like (+1) 1

There is a silver linkng if he’s not out for the entire year-  he won’t be on the field most of the season, limiting his chances of getting injured and miss the playoffs.  

problem being- making the playoffs becomes much more difficult without him imo.  Brutal schedules- missing the defenses best player, again.  Sigh.  

• Like (+1) 1

50 minutes ago, Logic said:

Right, yes, misspoke in that last sentence. Coffee hasn't hit my brain yet this morning.

Even if they moved him to WILL, he'd still appear to be behind a few others. 

I understand that the linebacker positions are somewhat interchangeable in the McDermott defense, but not entirely.

Either way, I think the Bills would certainly prefer that their second year 3rd rounder steps up and lays claim to the role rather than having to depend on a 29 year old vet minimum journeyman free agent.

From what I have been hearing, Williams still is being abused in coverage.