So is it just memes and shares here?

3 hours ago, Joe Ferguson forever said:

I know some brilliant Docs who failed their specialty boards the first go round.  Some of the most intelligent are also the most arrogant and figured they didn't need to study.  It happens.  These exams are f'in difficult and rightfully so.  The certification has to mean something.  
People taking them are competing against an already elite group who have cleared many difficult hurdles.

Comparing medical boards to the bar exam is apples to oranges, but I truly doubt the most brilliant ever fail their boards since it has a 90% pass rate as far as I can find. She failed a test that the majority of people pass the first time, and what Trump did is much more exclusive than what she did. If my board numbers are incorrect I will accept your expertise but I would ask for the proper reference source 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Orlando Buffalo said:

Comparing medical boards to the bar exam is apples to oranges, but I truly doubt the most brilliant ever fail their boards since it has a 90% pass rate as far as I can find. She failed a test that the majority of people pass the first time, and what Trump did is much more exclusive than what she did. If my board numbers are incorrect I will accept your expertise but I would ask for the proper reference source 

Depends on the specialty.  Surgery has practicals as well as written. and lower pass rates than medicine.  They've gotten higher the last decade or so.  Endocrinology (Medicine) they're in the mid 70's.  Some very smart folks fail...

https://absurgerydata.shinyapps.io/PassRates/

Edited by Joe Ferguson forever
  • Haha (+1) 1

10 hours ago, L Ron Burgundy said:

I raise you airports during revolutionary War.  

Biden has claimed that he was responsible for the short Colonial Security Agency lines.

• Haha (+1) 1

12 hours ago, Orlando Buffalo said:

She failed a test that the majority of people pass the first time

That's true. I looked back to when she would've first taken (and failed) the bar exam. It had a 59.5% passage rate.

12 hours ago, Joe Ferguson forever said:

and what Trump did is much more exclusive than what she did

That's really apples and oranges. I've said before that I recognize and accept the idea of different kinds of "intelligence." But when we're talking about something like standardized or professional exam-taking intelligence, it's a measure of general intelligence (the educational psychologist's "g," which is something like IQ, involving reasoning skills) plus hard work/study over a prolonged period (more applicable in something like the bar exam, which tests both g and accumulated knowledge of a field).

Now Trump is fond of calling people "low IQ." He's not talking about some social skill here in reading people and making deals. That's a real thing, but a different thing. So if he's serious about putting up or shutting up, we'd need to see some old g-type test, like his SAT scores, which we could compare to Kamala's SAT/LSAT scores.

I say bring it on.

Edited by The Frankish Reich
  • Haha (+1) 1

• 3 weeks later...

Memes beat the hell out Hate-Filled threads

But actually I appreciate when they start a thread, it usually keeps them busy defending their nonsense,

as well as identifying them to the board.

9 minutes ago, B-Man said:

Memes beat the hell out Hate-Filled threads

But actually I appreciate when they start a thread, it usually keeps them busy defending their nonsense,

as well as identifying them to the board.

Oh sick burn, you must be the cool kid. 

so posting about DOJ charges is ‘hate filled’? Huh?

last thread I started was 15 pages long in less than 2 weeks. So the ignoring me is going swimmingly, do you have this much success in everything you do? How do you have time to be on here?