So is it just memes and shares here?

47 minutes ago, Joe Ferguson forever said:

To be perfectly fair, he wasn't sure whether Trump was America's Hitler or whether he was just a cynical a-hole like Nixon.

26 minutes ago, Irv said:

How did people as dumb as Harris and Waltz get a chance to be President and Vice President of this once great country?  It's unfathomable.  What a mess. 

In my adult life people as dumb as George W. Bush and Donald Trump have been President.

People as dumb as Dan Quayle have been Vice President

People as dumb as Sara Palin have been nominated to be Vice President

If you're looking for that Mensa meeting, here's a hint: it's probably not being held in the Oval Office.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Joe Ferguson forever said:

We've had some fairly rough allies in the past.  Sometimes expediency outweighs principle.  Orban is not a guy I want anywhere near running America

https://crd.org/vorban/

Yet, I read that 30% of Americans are now in favor of authoritarianism.  Same damn 30%...

Its interesting to read the ones that hail NATO and our alliances call out the ones they disagree with.  its either 100% the script, or they are the enemy.

2 hours ago, wnyguy said:

"Preserving the data before it could be deleted." 

I guess we just see this differently. (Quote is link to article).

Tina Peters willfully compromised her own election equipment trying to prove Trump’s Big Lie,” Colorado Secretary of State Jena Griswold said in a statement after the verdict was announced in the Mesa County District Court of Judge Matthew Barrett. “She has been found guilty by a jury of her peers and will now face the consequences of her actions. Today’s verdict sends a clear message: we will not tolerate any effort to threaten the security of our gold standard elections. I am proud that justice for Colorado voters has been served today.”Griswold’s office opened an investigation into Peters in August 2021 after it learned that sensitive Mesa County election system data had been posted online. In 2022, a Mesa County grand jury charged Peters for her role in a scheme to allow an unauthorized person to enter Mesa County’s elections department to make copies of election system software and capture images of passwords and other sensitive data in May 2021, during the time of an election equipment software update, also known as a trusted build.The scheme represented an instance in which election deniers aligned with former President Donald Trump found a willing county clerk in Colorado to deceive other public servants in an attempt to prove election equipment in Mesa County was somehow corruptible.

13 minutes ago, Tommy Callahan said:

Its interesting to read the ones that hail NATO and our alliances call out the ones they disagree with.  its either 100% the script, or they are the enemy.

Well, hungry join NATO in 1999 and Orban didn’t come to power until 2010.  

49 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

To be perfectly fair, he wasn't sure whether Trump was America's Hitler or whether he was just a cynical a-hole like Nixon.

In my adult life people as dumb as George W. Bush and Donald Trump have been President.

If you're looking for that Mensa meeting, here's a hint: it's probably not being held in the Oval Office.

I actually agree with you for the most part.  Holy sh*t!

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, The Frankish Reich said:

Anyone arguing that Trump is smarter is delusional.   She passed the bar.  He has done not one thing in his life that difficult.   You wanna say she's not intelligent have at it.  The alternative is much worse.  

• Haha (+1) 1

On 8/13/2024 at 3:15 PM, BillsFanNC said:

:lol:

and a bunch of people who don't have the faintest clue what Kick is.

Go ***** yourself.

Charming as usual.  Hoax.  Go back to the couch. 

8 minutes ago, L Ron Burgundy said:

Anyone arguing that Trump is smarter is delusional.   She passed the bar.  He has done not one thing in his life that difficult.   You wanna say she's not intelligent have at it.  The alternative is much worse.  

I know a lot of dumb lawyers.  Believe me.  She might not be brilliant, but she’s not dumb. 

1 hour ago, The Frankish Reich said:

In my adult life people as dumb as George W. Bush.....

In my adult life, as you phrase it, Nixon was quite good, with some personality issues, and George W. Bush isn't nearly as dumb as anyone who would vote for this Dem nominee, or the nominee herself.

28 minutes ago, L Ron Burgundy said:

Your argument is that she passed the bar exam when more than half the people who took it passed the first time and she failed the first time? I can't believe that impressed you but graduating from Wharton is nothing. That being said what has she said or done in her entire life that makes you say she is intelligent? Is it all of her press conferences lately?

• Agree 1
  • Dislike 1

46 minutes ago, L Ron Burgundy said:

Who'd she knob to pass the bar?  

• Dislike 1

1 hour ago, Orlando Buffalo said:

Your argument is that she passed the bar exam when more than half the people who took it passed the first time and she failed the first time? I can't believe that impressed you but graduating from Wharton is nothing. That being said what has she said or done in her entire life that makes you say she is intelligent? Is it all of her press conferences lately?

I know some brilliant Docs who failed their specialty boards the first go round.  Some of the most intelligent are also the most arrogant and figured they didn't need to study.  It happens.  These exams are f'in difficult and rightfully so.  The certification has to mean something.  
People taking them are competing against an already elite group who have cleared many difficult hurdles.

Edited by Joe Ferguson forever

5 hours ago, Joe Ferguson forever said:

Vance was right the first time...and he knows it.  Do you hear D's using marxist or communist rhetoric?  Words like "vermin" and "Gestapo".  Vance has his own authoritarian tendencies such as admiring Orban as the article explains.  But it appears that until recently, he noticed trump's nazi inspired rhetoric and disapproved.  So do most decent Americans...

No, you call everyone nazis and racists. 

• Agree 2

3 hours ago, Irv said:

Who'd she knob to pass the bar?  

Me, a++++++++

3 hours ago, The Frankish Reich said:

The California bar exam, at least back in her day, was a grueling 3 full day affair. I know a lot of smart people who failed it the first time. 
It is graded anonymously, and passing it, even on the second try, does establish some baseline of smarts and dedication. 

Exactly.   He's done nothing to that level.

• Haha (+1) 1