So is it just memes and shares here?

59 minutes ago, Starr-Bills said:

Well this was In response to a previous post encouraging people who doubt the electoral process to get involved, their response was to accuse the workers of cheating, so I posted an example of a Republican that was actually cheating. Not a win, point of fact is all.

Except your post did not prove any cheating. Try again, and if you are involved in the election process it makes me question the validity of that process you would be involved with.

1 hour ago, wnyguy said:

Except your post did not prove any cheating. Try again, and if you are involved in the election process it makes me question the validity of that process you would be involved with.

“tampering with her county's voting system.” 🙃

2 hours ago, BillsFanNC said:

Vigorous argument and debate on the issues and policies of the day is a good thing, and it WAS a constructive process in America once upon a time. It even used to be what happened here to a larger extent, but not in anything close to a collegial manner.

No longer.

As one example, how can you discuss Presidential politics with people who insist that our current POTUS is mentally fit?

That's like discussing the nuances of Bills football with people who insist that football is played with a soccer ball. Meanwhile the same people telling you that football is played with a soccer ball also insist that they alone are the sole arbiters of misinformation and disinformation.

It's in this environment that all hope for honest debate is lost. Which is precisely the way that Marxists want it btw, but that's for another thread.

So some still choose to engage in a fruitless exchange in this environment. I'm not sure what their motives are, but im.pretty sure it isn't because it's boring.

Constantly calling people Marxist or communist surely helps make the discussion congenial. I don’t think anyone here is actually either of those and I doubt you are actually a fascist. 

what we are really arguing about is the amount of regulation and / or social services should or should not be enacted. Oh and the border, always the boarder.

• Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Starr-Bills said:

Constantly calling people Marxist or communist surely helps make the discussion congenial. I don’t think anyone here is actually either of those and I doubt you are actually a fascist. 

what we are really arguing about is the amount of regulation and / or social services should or should not be enacted. Oh and the border, always the boarder.

Agreed.

That Communist/Marxist crap is about as productive as the Fascist/Nazi thing.

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, The Frankish Reich said:

Agreed.

And yet you have major news publications promoting the "Fascist/Nazi thing," as you put it. If it's so unproductive, as you claim, why is it boosted by state-aligned media?

• Eyeroll 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, LeviF said:

And yet you have major news publications promoting the "Fascist/Nazi thing," as you put it. If it's so unproductive, as you claim, why is it boosted by state-aligned media?

Reliable 

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, The Frankish Reich said:

Agreed.

One is false, one is at least partially true.  I don't see leading D's extolling the virtues of Mao or Lenin.  Alternatively, we see trump praising and paraphrasing Hitler and showing admiration for dictators like Orban and Putin.

https://www.pbs.org/newshour/politics/with-gestapo-comment-trump-adds-to-numerous-past-nazi-germany-references

Edited by Joe Ferguson forever
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, Starr-Bills said:

Well this was In response to a previous post encouraging people who doubt the electoral process to get involved, their response was to accuse the workers of cheating, so I posted an example of a Republican that was actually cheating. Not a win, point of fact is all.

You are killing it bro.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1

1 hour ago, Starr-Bills said:

Marxist, fascist, racist, nazi, people here love to treat the other side like garbage. It's gross, but the guy living above my garage is fine. 

2 minutes ago, Joe Ferguson forever said:

What's your point, that pols flip flop when it's convenient?  Kamala far more recently implied Biden was a racist. 

These people are generally terrible on the national stage. It's weird that most don't believe that about the ones on their side. 

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Tenhigh said:

What's your point, that pols flip flop when it's convenient?  Kamala far more recently implied Biden was a racist. 

These people are generally terrible on the national stage. It's weird that most don't believe that about the ones on their side. 

Vance was right the first time...and he knows it.  Do you hear D's using marxist or communist rhetoric?  Words like "vermin" and "Gestapo".  Vance has his own authoritarian tendencies such as admiring Orban as the article explains.  But it appears that until recently, he noticed trump's nazi inspired rhetoric and disapproved.  So do most decent Americans...

• Eyeroll 1
  • Sad 1

How did people as dumb as Harris and Waltz get a chance to be President and Vice President of this once great country?  It's unfathomable.  What a mess. 

• Agree 1

3 hours ago, GMB 8888 said:

Not that I won’t touch it, I just don’t think there’s a strong correlation between reassignment surgery and suicide as much as there’s a stronger correlation around suicide and people who identify as trans in general. 

I can’t fathom being a teenager and going through gender dysmorphia in today’s culture…your struggle is people politicized and in some areas demonized. It has to be absolutely devastating to a teenager.

So you’re implying all people who don’t want children suffer some type of mental illness? That’s your opinion to have, but just want to make sure I’m understanding.

Every single person I know who does not want children is either miserable or mentally ill, often both. Happy sane people want kids to share their life with and make the world a better place. 

• Vomit 1
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 1

9 minutes ago, Orlando Buffalo said:

Every single person I know who does not want children is either miserable or mentally ill, often both. Happy sane people want kids to share their life with and make the world a better place. 

The Gods must be crazy

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/25131282/

Life imitates Art

Edited by Joe Ferguson forever
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Vomit 1

9 minutes ago, Irv said:

How did people as dumb as Harris and Waltz get a chance to be President and Vice President of this once great country?  It's unfathomable.  What a mess. 

I fully agree.

I simply can't believe that a woman who has never done a single thing other than come from an area destroyed by policies she agrees with, then gets on the national stage simply by genetics, then fails at that, in so obvious a manner that nobody is denying it, achieves the nomination of her party.

She supports failed policies and opposes successful portions of our nation.

To top it off, she has absolutely no experience in the matters that matter most, and is completely incapable of expressing herself in any manner that indicates any knowledge of any important subject.

It is said that we get the gov we deserve.

• Like (+1) 2

20 minutes ago, Irv said:

Right?  When we could have the guy mixing up political asylum for people from insane asylums.  The guy who rambled about revolutionary War airports.  Who couldn't point to Ukraine on a map with 10 guesses.  Let's get that guy, he's smart!  

• Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Tommy Callahan said:

our ally and member of NATO?

If they were attacked, we would have to?

We've had some fairly rough allies in the past.  Sometimes expediency outweighs principle.  Orban is not a guy I want anywhere near running America

https://crd.org/vorban/

Yet, I read that 30% of Americans are now in favor of authoritarianism.  Same damn 30%...