So is it just memes and shares here?

2 minutes ago, BillsFanNC said:

Also to the OP. When you show up down here and right off the bat claim to be a moderate, independent or former Republican/Democrat.

We know you're lying.

Who is we? I’m sorry you process things that way, hopefully you’ll become a little less jaded, life really isn’t that long.

58 minutes ago, LeviF said:

While a significant portion of the userbase here has ties to WNY, the list of posters that I'm pretty sure are still local to the 716 or 585 is pretty short. I'm not gonna poast about the local school board elections because they're statistically relevant to only me. NYS politics might get a little more play but at the end of the day the only politics most any of us have in common are national politics.

while statistically they may not be relevant to everyone, they’re probably more important to your local community than a presidential election so def stay engaged and recruit others!

didn’t realize this place was filled with so many non-WNYers.

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, K D said:

We don't know Kamala's policies. How can we talk about them?

We'll B word about them after the fraud is elected by the media and black op government.

Will they take another shot at Trump first tho?

• Like (+1) 4

1 hour ago, wnyguy said:

Well we would if we knew what Harris's policies are.

That’s said I have tried to have policy discussion, it gets called talking points, or gibberish. 

so memes and tweet reposts, give the crowd what it wants. 

• Haha (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Unforgiven said:

We'll B word about them after the fraud is elected by the media and black op government.

I believe her campaign committed to having them available prior to the DNC. However, if it’s a bulleted format like the Trump policy on his site…is it really even worth? 

They all just read of jargon, buzzwords, and very few specific actionable items.

For an example, how hard is it for either campaign to come right out and say “Yes, we support a ceasefire” or “No, we don’t”…instead it’s all political work salad.

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, GMB 8888 said:

The “share” feature has permanently damaged our ability to converse I fear…it’s just too easy to hit share then present your own thoughts and engage with others.

Recently:

me - what are your thoughts on increased suicide attempts by those people that undergo gender reassignment surgery?

you - that’s a serious matter. Do you have a peer reviewed paper you can share?

me - shares paper

you - I don’t care about other peoples genitals.

are you really the one to be whining about the lack of real conversation?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 3

2 hours ago, GMB 8888 said:

dude this is wild in here…are there literally any people who engage in actual policy talk here?

You wrote children suck in the first post of your I saw, how is that anything except trolling at the lowest level?

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Biden is Mentally Fit said:

Recently:

me - what are your thoughts on increased suicide attempts by those people that undergo gender reassignment surgery?

you - that’s a serious matter. Do you have a peer reviewed paper you can share?

me - shares paper

you - I don’t care about other peoples genitals.

are you really the one to be whining about the lack of real conversation?

No, I responded, I just choose not to debate that topic as I don’t find trans people deserve the scrutiny they receive from conversations that they’re not directly engaged in. They’ve been around as long as time, and it’s bizarre to me it took until like 2016 to become an issue in our country.

Empathy has always been my approach with trans issues, bc I cannot imagine the feeling and mental torment of feeling you were born in the incorrect body. The dysmorphia sounds awful and not something anyone would wish for.

Too many times the trans issue is being discussed without having trans people involved in the conversation. It’s also disheartening to see how much of the vitriol is aimed at trans women as opposed to trans men. Both are valid expressions of gender.

The messaging in this topic also seemed to somehow get conflated with children. I am not a medical professional or a parent and I do not envy the decisions they make when raising a trans child. Express yourself however you would like.

5 minutes ago, Orlando Buffalo said:

You wrote children suck in the first post of your I saw, how is that anything except trolling at the lowest level?

Because children do suck ha…am I not allowed to share that opinion? Loveeeeee your children and enjoy every moment with them…just don’t be offended if other people are not particularly fond of children. It’s ok to not have children.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

24 minutes ago, Unforgiven said:

They will if he's winning. Right now I think it's close enough for them to "find" enough votes.

If you are a fan of history, with every authoritarian government they take out their political rival with either 1) propaganda 2) jail 3) assassination, in that order. Phase 1 and 2 of their plan doesn't seem to be working so they still might go for option 3.

• Like (+1) 1

33 minutes ago, GMB 8888 said:

No, I responded, I just choose not to debate that topic as I don’t find trans people deserve the scrutiny they receive from conversations that they’re not directly engaged in. They’ve been around as long as time, and it’s bizarre to me it took until like 2016 to become an issue in our country.

Empathy has always been my approach with trans issues, bc I cannot imagine the feeling and mental torment of feeling you were born in the incorrect body. The dysmorphia sounds awful and not something anyone would wish for.

Too many times the trans issue is being discussed without having trans people involved in the conversation. It’s also disheartening to see how much of the vitriol is aimed at trans women as opposed to trans men. Both are valid expressions of gender.

The messaging in this topic also seemed to somehow get conflated with children. I am not a medical professional or a parent and I do not envy the decisions they make when raising a trans child. Express yourself however you would like.

Because children do suck ha…am I not allowed to share that opinion? Loveeeeee your children and enjoy every moment with them…just don’t be offended if other people are not particularly fond of children. It’s ok to not have children.

Fair enough. Why you felt the need to respond so childishly last time is anybody’s guess.

You and Roundy seem to be strong trans  advocates. No problem there outside of the shrillness that frequently accompanies any discussion. I do find it interesting that neither of you will touch the suicide issue as it relates to gender reassignment surgery. A 12 to 13 fold increase in suicide attempts seems pretty serious. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

31 minutes ago, K D said:

They will if he's winning. Right now I think it's close enough for them to "find" enough votes.

If you are a fan of history, with every authoritarian government they take out their political rival with either 1) propaganda 2) jail 3) assassination, in that order. Phase 1 and 2 of their plan doesn't seem to be working so they still might go for option 3.

This is plain crazy talk. The government is not running a black op to steal the election.  Full stop. Why would Obama have seceded power to the felon if they were? 

we all sat there in disbelief, as the felon took the oath and proceeded to tell us about ‘American carnage”. 

try watching this film for a little context “active measures”

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, GMB 8888 said:

Two parts: you admit that trans people have dysmorphia, which is mental illness, why would you encourage people to embrace their illness? You aren't empathetic your a terrible person who would rather use and easy lie than help someone. As for kids, I am glad you will never have any but every happy person I know who is not mentally ill wants kids to share their world with because it makes the world a better place. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1

1 hour ago, Starr-Bills said:

This is plain crazy talk. The government is not running a black op to steal the election.  Full stop. Why would Obama have seceded power to the felon if they were? 

we all sat there in disbelief, as the felon took the oath and proceeded to tell us about ‘American carnage”. 

try watching this film for a little context “active measures”

They were caught off guard because they thought he had no shot. They are putting measures in place to make sure it doesn't happen again. Not hard to understand.

1 minute ago, K D said:

They were caught off guard because they thought he had no shot. They are putting measures in place to make sure it doesn't happen again. Not hard to understand.

The delusional is strong in this one. I mean really.  Share a link, add some names anything. Nope, I just believe it. Cool keep your religion out of our government. 

29 minutes ago, Starr-Bills said:

The delusional is strong in this one. I mean really.  Share a link, add some names anything. Nope, I just believe it. Cool keep your religion out of our government. 

Your government? Lol what have they ever done for you except take your money to spend it on things you don't want while also making themselves rich? The only reason they get away with this is because of idiots that don't know history and if they do close a blind eye to what's happening right in front of their face

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, K D said:

Your government? Lol what have they ever done for you except take your money to spend it on things you don't want while also making themselves rich? The only reason they get away with this is because of idiots that don't know history and if they do close a blind eye to what's happening right in front of their face

‘Our’ as in yours and mine. I specifically chose this over the normal way It is said ‘my government’ to illustrate that I wasn’t taking ownership, that it was the government of you and I.

• Haha (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, Starr-Bills said:

‘Our’ as in yours and mine. I specifically chose this over the normal way It is said ‘my government’ to illustrate that I wasn’t taking ownership, that it was the government of you and I.

It's for neither of us. It's for the ruling class. Their policies hurt the middle and working class no matter which side wins. Even when Kamala helps the people that don't work by raising all of our taxes they are still going to be poor and they want us to join them. Ruling class and working class. Nothing in between

• Eyeroll 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

8 hours ago, GMB 8888 said:

dude this is wild in here…are there literally any people who engage in actual policy talk here?

Well now you know how unhinged, angry, incoherent some people are around here.

Policy talk? I enjoy that. So do some others. So don't be intimidated by the fools.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

11 hours ago, K D said:

More bull *****. Yawn.

• Thank you (+1) 1

⬆️ 

We also have posters who trust the reliable media, think Biden is mentally fit, will tell you still that Trump said very fine people on both sides and study a pee tape dossier as if it's an infallible historical document...

Some like to waste time with those who fling feces all day and think they'll make some sort of progress with them.

I have more constructive ways to waste my time.

Edited by BillsFanNC
  • Like (+1) 1