So is it just memes and shares here?

7 hours ago, The Frankish Reich said:

Well now you know how unhinged, angry, incoherent some people are around here.

Policy talk? I enjoy that. So do some others. So don't be intimidated by the fools.

Plenty of angry and incoherent fools here on both sides, even the moderate folks get dragged in the mud quite often with the bile in this place. 

By the way, where did BillStime go? I hope for his sake he gave up message board politics,  this place was taking his life over.

13 hours ago, Starr-Bills said:

I lied (damn dem, commie, liberal, Marxist, always lying). R are involved as well in running elections… 

So your big W is to post multiple Twitter shares on a thread complaining about PPP being nothing but Twitter shares and memes?  

• Like (+1) 3

Just now, dickleyjones said:

Come on. Admit it. You all love it.

Americans love to fight! Especially with each other.

It's a constant refrain here over the last 20+ years:

People complain about the nature of PPP.

Nothing changes.

Those who complain remain right here.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, BillsFanNC said:

It's a constant refrain here over the last 20+ years:

People complain about the nature of PPP.

Nothing changes.

Those who complain remain right here.

There's a reason: you love it.

Nothing wrong with that, everyone should enjoy life. I find it strangely endearing.

• Like (+1) 1

There's a reason: you love it.

Nothing wrong with that, everyone should enjoy life. I find it strangely endearing.

Well I don't complain about the nature of PPP while knowing it will never change.

I also dont fight with communists here, I ignore them.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Shocked 1

But you do take your shots, knowing they will see them. Because it is fun.

Unfortunately the ignore feature doesn't work on quoted content. I wish it did.

Not quite sure what your point is. Nobody is here in whatever capacity they choose to engage because it feels like pulling teeth.

17 hours ago, GMB 8888 said:

Just curious, new to this part of the forum…but is it always just shares, memes and reposts from both sides? 

Theres very little policy talk, and even less talk about actions that can be taken in our local communities.

Is this just a pissing match? I’d love to see more people share about local elections and WNY orgs that could use assistance. 

For those looking to help in our local community, I highly recommend both the Journey’s End Refugee Center and the Buffalo City Mission…both orgs have an opposite political allegiance but do invaluable work. 

I'm not aware of any reporters here.  No one seems to have inside information on political topics.  So posting stories from other sources or data from other sources is kinda required as a starting point for a debate discussion.  That said, neither side respects or believes the others sources (catturd versus the Economist or NYT, for example) so it often devolves into name calling sometimes involving someones mother.  Sadly, it's a reflection of the country but as we are seeing from the polls, some voters can be swayed and they're the important ones.

• Like (+1) 2

18 minutes ago, BillsFanNC said:

Unfortunately the ignore feature doesn't work on quoted content. I wish it did.

Not quite sure what your point is. Nobody is here in whatever capacity they choose to engage because it feels like pulling teeth.

My point is you are all here because you enjoy the fight. I didn't mean you exclusively.

1 hour ago, Tenhigh said:

Plenty of angry and incoherent fools here on both sides, even the moderate folks get dragged in the mud quite often with the bile in this place. 

By the way, where did BillStime go? I hope for his sake he gave up message board politics,  this place was taking his life over.

So your big W is to post multiple Twitter shares on a thread complaining about PPP being nothing but Twitter shares and memes?  

Well this was In response to a previous post encouraging people who doubt the electoral process to get involved, their response was to accuse the workers of cheating, so I posted an example of a Republican that was actually cheating. Not a win, point of fact is all.

• Haha (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, dickleyjones said:

My point is you are all here because you enjoy the fight. I didn't mean you exclusively.

Vigorous argument and debate on the issues and policies of the day is a good thing, and it WAS a constructive process in America once upon a time. It even used to be what happened here to a larger extent, but not in anything close to a collegial manner.

No longer.

As one example, how can you discuss Presidential politics with people who insist that our current POTUS is mentally fit?

That's like discussing the nuances of Bills football with people who insist that football is played with a soccer ball. Meanwhile the same people telling you that football is played with a soccer ball also insist that they alone are the sole arbiters of misinformation and disinformation.

It's in this environment that all hope for honest debate is lost. Which is precisely the way that Marxists want it btw, but that's for another thread.

So some still choose to engage in a fruitless exchange in this environment. I'm not sure what their motives are, but im.pretty sure it isn't because it's boring.

• Like (+1) 2

14 hours ago, Starr-Bills said:

I lied (damn dem, commie, liberal, Marxist, always lying). R are involved as well in running elections… 

Found guilty of simply preserving the voting data of her County before the data could be deleted? Not tampering, not changing anyones vote, just making a back up of the data? Lock her up!

• Like (+1) 2

15 hours ago, GMB 8888 said:

I believe her campaign committed to having them available prior to the DNC. However, if it’s a bulleted format like the Trump policy on his site…is it really even worth? 

They all just read of jargon, buzzwords, and very few specific actionable items.

For an example, how hard is it for either campaign to come right out and say “Yes, we support a ceasefire” or “No, we don’t”…instead it’s all political work salad.

I suppose since both were in a official presidential capacity for 4 years all you need to do is look at the policies at those particular times and use it as evidence. Half the things politicians promise are never done so its nice to have evidence as a comparable. If you need evidence of policy of "cease fire" why not look at war in general and the administrations. who seems more of a war hawk? The funny thing is one side is talking about what new exciting things they would do as if they had no power to do them. 

15 hours ago, GMB 8888 said:

No, I responded, I just choose not to debate that topic as I don’t find trans people deserve the scrutiny they receive from conversations that they’re not directly engaged in. They’ve been around as long as time, and it’s bizarre to me it took until like 2016 to become an issue in our country.

Empathy has always been my approach with trans issues, bc I cannot imagine the feeling and mental torment of feeling you were born in the incorrect body. The dysmorphia sounds awful and not something anyone would wish for.

Too many times the trans issue is being discussed without having trans people involved in the conversation. It’s also disheartening to see how much of the vitriol is aimed at trans women as opposed to trans men. Both are valid expressions of gender.

The messaging in this topic also seemed to somehow get conflated with children. I am not a medical professional or a parent and I do not envy the decisions they make when raising a trans child. Express yourself however you would like

So the argument on this topic is not whether trans should exist. They clearly do. That doesnt mean society has to completely morph itself to promote what is clearly a mental illness. There doesnt seem to be any other mental illness that requires society BY LAW to conform to the dillusions of others. Liquor cannot be drunk in a building where a alcoholic is. People with anorexia must be told they are overweight. thats what they believe so we must take on their world view. On and on. 

Most people who are aware of these conditions automatically dont go out of the way to antagonize someone suffering. Its been that way because we are in a generally polite society but that should not be forced, especially by the gov. In a free society. 

As for kids, its just playing nuts to include them the way democrats have. I dont think it deserves alot of explanation as to how dark things are getting. Taking them or secretly "affirming" without parents consent? I dont think parents affected are dealing with a "conflated" matter. Seeing as the US is the last country to have nutcases making hard stances on this topic and yet democrats keep pushing forward. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, BillsFanNC said:

Vigorous argument and debate on the issues and policies of the day is a good thing, and it WAS a constructive process in America once upon a time. It even used to be what happened here to a larger extent, but not in anything close to a collegial manner.

No longer

It used to be that this board was dominated by far right nuts.  No longer.  It's evened out which is a good thing.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Joe Ferguson forever said:

It used to be that this board was dominated by far right nuts.  No longer.  It's evened out which is a good thing.

Yes, thanks left wing nuts for evening things out.

• Haha (+1) 4

15 hours ago, Biden is Mentally Fit said:

Fair enough. Why you felt the need to respond so childishly last time is anybody’s guess.

You and Roundy seem to be strong trans  advocates. No problem there outside of the shrillness that frequently accompanies any discussion. I do find it interesting that neither of you will touch the suicide issue as it relates to gender reassignment surgery. A 12 to 13 fold increase in suicide attempts seems pretty serious. 

Not that I won’t touch it, I just don’t think there’s a strong correlation between reassignment surgery and suicide as much as there’s a stronger correlation around suicide and people who identify as trans in general. 

I can’t fathom being a teenager and going through gender dysmorphia in today’s culture…your struggle is people politicized and in some areas demonized. It has to be absolutely devastating to a teenager.

14 hours ago, Orlando Buffalo said:

Two parts: you admit that trans people have dysmorphia, which is mental illness, why would you encourage people to embrace their illness? You aren't empathetic your a terrible person who would rather use and easy lie than help someone. As for kids, I am glad you will never have any but every happy person I know who is not mentally ill wants kids to share their world with because it makes the world a better place. 

So you’re implying all people who don’t want children suffer some type of mental illness? That’s your opinion to have, but just want to make sure I’m understanding.

1 hour ago, Joe Ferguson forever said:

I'm not aware of any reporters here.  No one seems to have inside information on political topics.  So posting stories from other sources or data from other sources is kinda required as a starting point for a debate discussion.  That said, neither side respects or believes the others sources (catturd versus the Economist or NYT, for example) so it often devolves into name calling sometimes involving someones mother.  Sadly, it's a reflection of the country but as we are seeing from the polls, some voters can be swayed and they're the important ones.

im probably going to feel dumb for asking this…but there’s a news site called Catturd? God bless lol

• Haha (+1) 1