So is it just memes and shares here?

Just curious, new to this part of the forum…but is it always just shares, memes and reposts from both sides? 

Theres very little policy talk, and even less talk about actions that can be taken in our local communities.

Is this just a pissing match? I’d love to see more people share about local elections and WNY orgs that could use assistance. 

For those looking to help in our local community, I highly recommend both the Journey’s End Refugee Center and the Buffalo City Mission…both orgs have an opposite political allegiance but do invaluable work. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, phypon said:

kamala-brat-gID_7.png

That record rules…365 and Spring Breakers are incredible but Obama/Harris jumping on the Charli train makes it pretty cringey.

But I guess, point made?

5 minutes ago, BillsFanNC said:

:lol:

and a bunch of people who don't have the faintest clue what Kick is.

Go ***** yourself.

dude this is wild in here…are there literally any people who engage in actual policy talk here?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

Just now, GMB 8888 said:

dude this is wild in here…are there literally any people who engage in actual policy talk here?

Well we would if we knew what Harris's policies are.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 5

1 minute ago, GMB 8888 said:

We don't know Kamala's policies. How can we talk about them?

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 4

3 minutes ago, GMB 8888 said:

You can certainly try, but once people peg you as "the other" (depending on which side they are on), they tend to just ignore any nuance and paint with a broad-brush based entirely on their own beliefs of what the "other side" stands for.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

I tried for an afternoon to engage with the OP. Typical leftist with constant deflection and purposeful misrepresentation of what was said.

Like all leftists a waste of time. 

Perma-ignore, like The King.

Go !@#$ yourself commie.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, ChiGoose said:

You can certainly try, but once people peg you as "the other" (depending on which side they are on), they tend to just ignore any nuance and paint with a broad-brush based entirely on their own beliefs of what the "other side" stands for.

I'm neither side but people on here call me MAGA Trumper or right wing. Never voted Republican in my life and I don't particularly care about abortion or forcing my religion on anyone. I know right from wrong and I know propaganda when I see it.

Any side that has all of the media, celebrities, and corporations is the wrong side of history to be on. You have half the country voting for Kamala without knowing any of her policies and she won't sit down and discuss them. I have enough street smarts to know when someone is trying to scam me. I don't support Trump necessarily but he has no power and he's the lesser of two evils in this race. Happy to respond to any policy questions respectively

• Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

Here's what I find, sometimes when people come in here they will start with intelligent(or semi intelligent) posts regarding an issue. Some will respond with an intelligent(or semi intelligent) comment that may agree or disagree with the original post, but it quickly becomes a series of name calling and insults back and forth with little to no real information being passed. Your party sucks, you're a commie or a nazi, or a racist. Anyone who labels someone like that, well, it makes it hard for everyone else to take them seriously. Just my opinion though, ya cracker.

• Like (+1) 2

24 minutes ago, K D said:

We don't know Kamala's policies. How can we talk about them?

that’s very true! I was looking through old posts and even with Bidens policy in action it didn’t seem like much discussion. Mostly Twitter shares with no context.

The “share” feature has permanently damaged our ability to converse I fear…it’s just too easy to hit share then present your own thoughts and engage with others.

17 minutes ago, BillsFanNC said:

I tried for an afternoon to engage with the OP. Typical leftist with constant deflection and purposeful misrepresentation of what was said.

Like all leftists a waste of time. 

Perma-ignore, like The King.

Go !@#$ yourself commie.

sir, your engagement was literally all Twitter shares and memes, so I responded with such thinking you were putting on an act.

ive known see that isn’t an act you put on, which is COMPLETELY OK but you’re doing yourself a disservice by not articulating your own thoughts and instead using Twitter mouthpieces.

• Haha (+1) 1

Just now, Big Blitz said:

When the real world does it the internet shall follow.   

dont give the internet that much credit, this hellhole (the internet in general) will never be a positive and engaging place l.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

57 minutes ago, GMB 8888 said:

Theres very little policy talk, and even less talk about actions that can be taken in our local communities.

Is this just a pissing match? I’d love to see more people share about local elections and WNY orgs that could use assistance. 

While a significant portion of the userbase here has ties to WNY, the list of posters that I'm pretty sure are still local to the 716 or 585 is pretty short. I'm not gonna poast about the local school board elections because they're statistically relevant to only me. NYS politics might get a little more play but at the end of the day the only politics most any of us have in common are national politics.

• Like (+1) 2

This place has been like this more or less since SDS started the board.

Griping about it isn't going to change a damn thing. 

SDS has also publicly stated that he regrets ever allowing this place to exist.

You want to actually talk politics and issues with people in a forum that has a even a smidgen of hope of mattering at all?

Talk to people in person.

Because I promise you that you're just blathering into the great abyss here and it's just wasting time. 

So this place is what it is and what it always has been and always will be.

Unless and until SDS ever decides to deep six the whole thing.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, GMB 8888 said:

dont give the internet that much credit, this hellhole (the internet in general) will never be a positive and engaging place l.

We’ll see there’s your issue but unless I’m mistaken you logged into a politics forum.  

Edited by Big Blitz
  • Like (+1) 2

There’s never been any good talk on here, it’s a waste of time trying. I imagine a good number of people have been on here many years and know where the others stand. I generally don’t see policies change much between presidents of the same party. Policies only vary between the different parties. For example the right has been fighting against global warming for decades. I’m sure the left has been sticking by its crappy useless policies for just as long.

1 hour ago, GMB 8888 said:

Just curious, new to this part of the forum…but is it always just shares, memes and reposts from both sides? 

For those looking to help in our local community, I highly recommend both the Journey’s End Refugee Center and the Buffalo City Mission…both orgs have an opposite political allegiance but do invaluable work. 

PPP is all shares, memes and reposts from both sides.  Nothing worthwhile for you to discuss here.  It's pointless.  Time to leave.  Goodbye. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 3