JJ McCarthy having Knee Surgery

boco357

1 minute ago, zow2 said:

That sucks.  I think he will be solid and still surprised the NYG passed him by on draft day.  I get Nabers,,, but the Giants really need a QB imo and JJ was a good fit and was right there for them.  

They only wanted one of the top 3 QBs. Once they were gone, they decided to go for a WR.  If you're still surprised, I guess you didn't watch Hard Knocks.  

1 minute ago, Albany,n.y. said:

They only wanted one of the top 3 QBs. Once they were gone, they decided to go for a WR.  If you're still surprised, I guess you didn't watch Hard Knocks.  

I guess Daboll thinks he can make it work with Jones. To me he is average, but their OL has also been crap these past few years which doesn't help.

26 minutes ago, Cray51 said:

A second round pick around 35 next year would be something nice to have.  Capable DE/WR/DT/S there for sure.

Or maybe…..HOPEFULLY, a trade up packaged with our 1st rounder and whatever else it takes to get into the top 10 and get the best WR or DE in the draft. 

I don’t follow college so I have absolutely no idea who that would be at this point. But anyone that feels like filling me in, I’ll start watching this season, or at least follow the highlights all year 

14 minutes ago, Albany,n.y. said:

Nah, i don't watch.  I'm one of those that thinks JJ will have a better NFL career than Drake Maye.  

26 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

A healthy JJ would have caused JJ's number to take a hit anyway...

Probably.

18 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

Do we know if Darnold is worse than McCarthy?

We know Darnold isn't good.  We don't know how good McCarthy is.

• Agree 1

32 minutes ago, Doc said:

Probably.

We know Darnold isn't good.  We don't know how good McCarthy is.

It's rare but we've seen guys like Geno Smith and Alex Smith revive their careers in the right system.  You never know.

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

It's rare but we've seen guys like Geno Smith and Alex Smith revive their careers in the right system.  You never know.

True.  He'll have some good offensive pieces so there will be no more excuses.

I tore my meniscus in October.  I have yet to have surgery opting for physical therapy.  Still hurts like a mother.  I don't know how you could play pro football without surgery unless you have superhuman pain tolerance.    

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, zow2 said:

Nah, i don't watch.  I'm one of those that thinks JJ will have a better NFL career than Drake Maye.  

Some Patriots fans think their 6th round QB Joe Milton III (JMIII) will have a better NFL career than Drake Maye. 

6 hours ago, Process said:

This could be a season ender, no? Depending on how they decide to treat it?

I e had thrm in both knees…no.

in tennis no WC did it to his knee in Paris and played wimbleton.

he should be fine the second half of the season to come back and play.  The thing is he’s not a mobile first QB. It be a bigger issue with someone like jackson.