JJ McCarthy having Knee Surgery

boco357

6 hours ago, Irv said:

I tore my meniscus in October.  I have yet to have surgery opting for physical therapy.  Still hurts like a mother.  I don't know how you could play pro football without surgery unless you have superhuman pain tolerance.    

You had the wrong Dr. A little dopamine or some horse tranquilizer and you'd be good to go on gameday. You won't even remember the game! Till late Sunday night or Monday morning.

• Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, Irv said:

I tore my meniscus in October.  I have yet to have surgery opting for physical therapy.  Still hurts like a mother.  I don't know how you could play pro football without surgery unless you have superhuman pain tolerance.    

Toradol 

• Agree 1

Thing is he didn’t report any pain at all till he went into the training room Monday. That’s most likely a partial tear. He could return after Thanksgiving to finish out the season.

He seems like a terrific kid hope he heels quickly as the Vikings seemed to have something there.
  On the positive unless Darnold turns into the second coming we are looking a pick in the top 35 now. 

• Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, EmotionallyUnstable said:

Toradol 

Shoot.  Might as well go straight to Fentanyl.  

Toradol

Toradol is a very strong NSAID that should only be considered for the short-term relief of acute, moderately severe pain that occurs following surgery. Toradol carries a high risk of severe gastrointestinal side effects and can increase bleeding. Treatment with Toradol should not exceed five days.

19 hours ago, PetermansRedemption said:

He’s going to get over drafted this year considering he IS Justin Jefferson. I don’t plan on being the one to do it. 

And Addison & Hickenson too. I had both when Cousins went down

18 hours ago, Albany,n.y. said:

They only wanted one of the top 3 QBs. Once they were gone, they decided to go for a WR.  If you're still surprised, I guess you didn't watch Hard Knocks.  

That might have been the Schoen's plan.

It'll be interesting to see if he was right or if this is Gettelman/Saquon II.

18 hours ago, Gregg said:

I guess Daboll thinks he can make it work with Jones. To me he is average, but their OL has also been crap these past few years which doesn't help.

Yeah the jury is still out on Schoen/Daboll.

18 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

Do we know if Darnold is worse than McCarthy?

You can bet that the Vikes are praying that's the case.

19 hours ago, Process said:

This could be a season ender, no? Depending on how they decide to treat it?

17 hours ago, HurlyBurly51 said:

Snip or repair is the question.

16 hours ago, SoonerBillsFan said:

Meh Meniscus is nothing. Trim it, throw some Cortisone in there, light rehab for 2 weeks. Then shoot some monovisc in there, rub dirt on it and get your Arse back out there

10 hours ago, beerme1 said:

You had the wrong Dr. A little dopamine or some horse tranquilizer and you'd be good to go on gameday. You won't even remember the game! Till late Sunday night or Monday morning.

Some internet guy calling himself "The Thigh Doctor" said the treatment is amputation.

That or assassination... I always get those words confused.

1 hour ago, Irv said:

Shoot.  Might as well go straight to Fentanyl.  

Toradol

Toradol is a very strong NSAID that should only be considered for the short-term relief of acute, moderately severe pain that occurs following surgery. Toradol carries a high risk of severe gastrointestinal side effects and can increase bleeding. Treatment with Toradol should not exceed five days.

Very common amongst NFLers

• Agree 1

2 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

Out for the season:

Feel really bad for the kid. Not to make light of it but this should help increase our 2nd round pick from the Vikings.

That’s awful. I love watching the rookie QB’s. I feel for the kid. 

Due to training camp and preseason developments, there's always one fanbase that has to feel completely hopeless going into the season.  This year it's gotta be Minnesota.  If nothing else, the Vikings fans were really looking forward to JJ eventually starting over Darnold, maybe sooner than later.  Also,  WR Jordan Addison may be suspended and TE T.J. Hockenson is not recovering all that well from knee surgery.   Not to mention they have to contend with Detroit, who are no longer up and coming, they are just good.  Green Bay looks ready to challenge Detroit, and Chicago has definitely gotten better across the board and look better than Minnesota on paper.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, zow2 said:

Due to training camp and preseason developments, there's always one fanbase that has to feel completely hopeless going into the season.  This year it's gotta be Minnesota.  If nothing else, the Vikings fans were really looking forward to JJ eventually starting over Darnold, maybe sooner than later.  Also,  WR Jordan Addison may be suspended and TE T.J. Hockenson is not recovering all that well from knee surgery.   Not to mention they have to contend with Detroit, who are no longer up and coming, they are just good.  Green Bay looks ready to challenge Detroit, and Chicago has definitely gotten better across the board and look better than Minnesota on paper.

Yeah, hard to picture a team with a bleaker outlook. If Bryce Young doesnt seriously improve, Carolina is the only other team I can think of with nothing to look forward to 

5 minutes ago, zow2 said:

I didn't know about Addison and Hock.  Not a good situation for Darnold.

sports are cruel sometimes if you are a fan.  You wait all year and then a few guys get hurt and you know the team cant win games and have to wait a whole year to go by just to get back to that same spot so you can hope.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1