JA’s favorite pass of his NFL career

49 minutes ago, QB Bills said:

He has so many jaw-dropping passes.

Davis at Niners (in Arizona)

Diggs at Lions (late 4th qtr)

Murray at Chiefs last year

Davis drop at Jets

Sanders TD at Chiefs 2021

You can probably make a list of 20 and still be missing some. Just an incredible talent. 

I like the Davis at 49ers pass.  That was crazy.

2 hours ago, Prospector said:

I liked the pass against the Jags (I think) where the pocket collapsed around him and he seemed to be swallowed up, then the ball magically flies out for a deep bomb.

lol, we said the same one, nice

This one still amazes me. I have no idea how he got so much velocity on the ball. He was hit mid throw by three defenders. This is as alien as it gets, even by Josh Allen standards.

• Like (+1) 1

The best throw I have seen him make was a sideline throw to Beasley against the Rams in 2020.

Beasley was running down the sideline in one of those Cover 2 beaters.

Allen needed to fit it over the trailing CB and just in front of the safety.  

It was the perfect in between rocketing it and putting some air under it.  That's a hard throw to make to be able to fit that in and especially not leaving your WR out to dry and get crushed like we've seen so many times before.  Usually that throw leads the WR out of bounds where he's dragging his feet but Allen his Beasley in stride going vertically. 

It wasn't his most difficult throw but that's when I was convinced he's not just a strong armed QB.

4:53 mark.

• Like (+1) 2

52 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

found it

@27:14

I like that there's a video of all his TDs and its over an hour long.  

Dating back to 2007, when Trent Edwards replaced JP Losman, the Buffalo Bills have had 13 different starting QBs who have combined for a total of 483 total TDs (regular season and playoffs).  Josh Allen has 246 of those in 5.5 seasons which is more than the previous 11.5 seasons. 

Fitz (82), Tyrod (65), Edwards (28), Manuel (23), Orton (19), Losman (8), Thad Lewis (5), Barkley (3), Peterman (3), Tuel (1), Anderson (0), Brohm (0), and Cassel (0).

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 hours ago, CincyBillsFan said:

My favorite Allen pass was his 75 yard throw to Foster his rookie year as three Jacksonville D linemen were engulfing him.  That throw told me Allen was something very different.

Probably going to be the most popular pass by many 

The first one to Knox, scrambling and the TD toss when going out of bounds...

The frozen rope to Sanders to make it 34-3...

Finally driving the stake through the heart of the Patriots dynasty that tormented us for decades....glorious!

Now lets take it to Mahomes....

• Awesome! (+1) 1

The touchdown pass to Gabe in the 2021 Chiefs playoff game that gave the Bills the lead with 13 seconds left and should've sent them to the AFCCG.

It was an aesthetically pleasing throw is it is, but the pressure of that moment and of that drive and the clutch factor of that play is what makes it my favorite. 

He's had throws with higher degrees of difficulty, prettier looking passes, etc, but THAT play in THAT game was Josh at the height of his powers.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

3 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

Gabe Davis touchdown @ 49ers in 2020. Corner route to Gabe who looked wide open but Josh manipulated the defense with the eyes, identified where the pressure was coming from and then threw a strike. Not necessarily his best, but my favourite. That was peak Josh Allen IMO. His best regular season game as a Bill in my view. 

There was another one from this game I remember. Allen rifled it over the outstretch fingertips of Fred Werner down the middle of the field. I don’t remember who caught out but it was a perfect ball over the Lb and in the hole between two deep. Allen jumped as he released it 

3 hours ago, QB Bills said:

He has so many jaw-dropping passes.

Davis at Niners (in Arizona)

Diggs at Lions (late 4th qtr)

Murray at Chiefs last year

Davis drop at Jets

Sanders TD at Chiefs 2021

You can probably make a list of 20 and still be missing some. Just an incredible talent. 

I think this is mine. It was a total “wow” moment for me. Plus a Thanksgiving game leading to the win. 

48 minutes ago, EmotionallyUnstable said:

There was another one from this game I remember. Allen rifled it over the outstretch fingertips of Fred Werner down the middle of the field. I don’t remember who caught out but it was a perfect ball over the Lb and in the hole between two deep. Allen jumped as he released it 

Think that was also Gabe. In cut from the left hand side of the field from memory.

I forget what game it was, but mine is probably the TD pass to Emmanuel Sanders where the ball hit Sanders exactly in the hands while running full stride in the endzone.  I remember Sanders talking about it after the game, and he was blown away - basically saying he put his hands up and the ball went directly into them with no adjustment whatsoever.

2 hours ago, Jauronimo said:

I like that there's a video of all his TDs and its over an hour long.  

Dating back to 2007, when Trent Edwards replaced JP Losman, the Buffalo Bills have had 13 different starting QBs who have combined for a total of 483 total TDs (regular season and playoffs).  Josh Allen has 246 of those in 5.5 seasons which is more than the previous 11.5 seasons. 

Fitz (82), Tyrod (65), Edwards (28), Manuel (23), Orton (19), Losman (8), Thad Lewis (5), Barkley (3), Peterman (3), Tuel (1), Anderson (0), Brohm (0), and Cassel (0).

But we need to focus on Josh Allen's interceptions.

2 hours ago, Logic said:

The touchdown pass to Gabe in the 2021 Chiefs playoff game that gave the Bills the lead with 13 seconds left and should've sent them to the AFCCG.

It was an aesthetically pleasing throw is it is, but the pressure of that moment and of that drive and the clutch factor of that play is what makes it my favorite. 

He's had throws with higher degrees of difficulty, prettier looking passes, etc, but THAT play in THAT game was Josh at the height of his powers.

Its a shame that 2 4th quarter comebacks in a span of 60 seconds are just a footnote. That should have been his moment.  Now its just the second biggest "what could have been" in franchise history. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Sad 1
  • Agree 1