Claypool - The Dream is Over...

5 hours ago, chris heff said:

Don’t we do this with some guy every couple of years?

Don't we sign a talented, pedigreed, but estranged UFA to a nothing vet contract on the off chance his career can be reclaimed? 

Yeah, EVERY team probably does that EVERY offseason. Low risk, high reward. Usually doesn't work. But when it does...

• Haha (+1) 1

7 hours ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Of course.   Why wouldn't it?

You've cited my point about how unaccomplished the Bills offensive weapons are many, many times...........and then conflated it with points about the WR corps in general.    Of course,  if NO PLAYER on the Bills has done it then that includes WR's as well but that's beside the point.

Should be common sense,  but not surprisingly lost on a scatterbrained fellow who thinks a bootleg Wu Tang Clan Bills cap is a New Era official. :doh:   Just go to the embroidered baseball cap kiosk in the nearest mall and show them what you want.   Those Israeli nationals will f#ck with the Wu Tang Clan's intellectual property and there is nothing those Staten Island Bills-hating Jets fans can do about it.   Did you not realize that the New Era logo can be embroidered bootleg too?   C'mon man.  

wth are you even talking about? 

i wanted a hat with the wu tang/bills logo.  I didn’t say anything about wanting a new era logo on it.  Or is this just some off the wall attempt at a dig because I wanted a wu tang hat and you feel the need to attack it…..because that’s what you do.  

I found one btw-  thanks for the advice though.  

• Haha (+1) 2

2 hours ago, NewEra said:

wth are you even talking about? 

i wanted a hat with the wu tang/bills logo.  I didn’t say anything about wanting a new era logo on it.  Or is this just some off the wall attempt at a dig because I wanted a wu tang hat and you feel the need to attack it…..because that’s what you do.  

I found one btw-  thanks for the advice though.  

You best protect ya neck!

• Haha (+1) 2

Sal just spent the whole first segment explaining the Claypool designation. If we offer him an injury settlement for a certain amount of weeks, he can re-sign with us 3 weeks after the injury settlement ends. I think I'm good there.

Also, Sal is getting more insufferable. He named dropped at least 15 people he saw at the Jim Kelly Golf Tournament. I do not care sir

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 3

Better to get it over with now rather than later ! I was hoping he might be able to rejuvenate his career with the Bills coaches leading him out of his profession dole drums but the dream has once again faded & the Bills coaches must have seen another younger player that would be more worth their time .

On 8/14/2024 at 12:58 AM, Richard Noggin said:

Don't we sign a talented, pedigreed, but estranged UFA to a nothing vet contract on the off chance his career can be reclaimed? 

Yeah, EVERY team probably does that EVERY offseason. Low risk, high reward. Usually doesn't work. But when it does...

Yeah, I get that. The “we” wasn’t the Bills, it was referring to us, the fans, the posters. “We” fall in love with a guy who had great potential, usually a WR, who fails. 

• Like (+1) 1

Can’t lie. I talked myself into him. The fall off after his rookie season is an all time one. 

On 8/14/2024 at 10:36 AM, Stads said:

Sal just spent the whole first segment explaining the Claypool designation. If we offer him an injury settlement for a certain amount of weeks, he can re-sign with us 3 weeks after the injury settlement ends. I think I'm good there.

Also, Sal is getting more insufferable. He named dropped at least 15 people he saw at the Jim Kelly Golf Tournament. I do not care sir

Sal definitely loves humble bragging. 

On 8/14/2024 at 10:36 AM, Stads said:

I wonder if Sal regaled them with his tales of coaching little loop playoff wins and adventures with Max?

On 8/13/2024 at 8:29 AM, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

Is the reason you season IR him to do some sort of injury settlement, as opposed to straight cutting him? 

Well, you can't cut an injured player.

Claypool is reported to have reached an injury settlement with the Bills.

The Bills and wide receiver Chase Claypool have reached an injury settlement, per Thursday’s NFL wire. Claypool now has the ability to sign with a team. Claypool was placed on injured reserve on Tuesday with a toe injury. 

So, anyone wondering if he could beat out MVS for a roster spot, or challenge Keon Coleman for playing time, may now stop wondering.