Claypool - The Dream is Over...

1 hour ago, Punching Bag said:

I was diagnosed with it by a doctor; it is a very common diagnosis for foot issues.  After 8 years and 8 doctors (one who claimed it was psychosomatic) it was determined that I had a golf ball size cyst surrounding ankle bone including ligaments, blood vessels and nerves.  I had an operation on it and I still use an handicapped hand control for car.    A number of players have had diagnosis of plantar fasciitis near end of contract and given that as excuse not wishing to finish season BUT still wanting to be paid but when free agency came they said they were completely healthy.

Never said Claypool's injury is faked but many players fake injuries.  

I think faking injuries happens far less than how you are representing it. And if it really is so prevalent, I'd ask you to provide some evidence in examples and articles supporting your position.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Punching Bag said:

I was diagnosed with it by a doctor; it is a very common diagnosis for foot issues.  After 8 years and 8 doctors (one who claimed it was psychosomatic) it was determined that I had a golf ball size cyst surrounding ankle bone including ligaments, blood vessels and nerves.  I had an operation on it and I still use an handicapped hand control for car.    A number of players have had diagnosis of plantar fasciitis near end of contract and given that as excuse not wishing to finish season BUT still wanting to be paid but when free agency came they said they were completely healthy.

Ahh, I didn't pick up that you were talking about players faking in general more so than inferring that it was not a real malady. Thanks for clarifying. 

2 minutes ago, MJS said:

I think faking injuries happens far less than how you are representing it. And if it really is so prevalent, I'd ask you to provide some evidence in examples and articles supporting your position.

Does citing @4merper4mer and “Boo-Boo Foot” count?  

It's a shame because I think he is legitimately talented, but his list of screwups meant that he was going to need a near perfect camp to get through to the roster. With Coleman effectively doing what we'd hope Claypool would be ahead of schedule, Shakir and Samuel set in stone, Hollins and MVS seemingly having an inside track and Shavers getting rave reviews it was looking like long odds.

2 hours ago, oldmanfan said:

You take a shot and see what happens.  Would have been great if he had been able to come in, get his head straight, and be a contributor.  But alas not.

Update for you and @NewEra:

The bar has been lowered again.

Now the Bills have zero players with any season of 852 or more receiving yards in any NFL season.

• Sad 2

1 minute ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Update for you and @NewEra:

The bar has been lowered again.

Now the Bills have zero players with any season of 852 or more receiving yards in any NFL season.

lol- you and your random numbers as if they mean anything.

how many did the chiefs have last season?  🧐 

2 minutes ago, NewEra said:

lol- you and your random numbers as if they mean anything.

how many did the chiefs have last season?  🧐 

They didn't have any players with more than 110 catches,  1416 receiving yards or 12 receiving TD's in any NFL season.

6 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

They didn't have any players with more than 110 catches,  1416 receiving yards or 12 receiving TD's in any NFL season.

Ok, now TE matters.  Got it 👍🏻

at least you know when you purposely move the goal poasts.  whatever suits your agenda at the moment.  Per usual.

maybe if we had Nate Washington, Steve Breaston and Harry Douglass we’d be contenders. 

edit-  maybe we’ll get lucky and the panthers will cut Jordan Matthews!!  He’s eclipsed the elusive 852 twice in his career! 🙏🏻 

Edited by NewEra

11 hours ago, djp14150 said:

Didn’t s9me on here think he was the messiah or the savior?

No,

The feet are as important as other body parts in athletics. Lots going on in the foot. If you can’t push off you’re f*cked.  The foot is a veritable technology onto itself.

Not sure how the big toe (foot) came to symbolize weakness… perhaps because we all stub our toes and inevitably walk off the temporary pain. But turf toe is a soft tissue problem and therefore a painful and debilitating injury. Aren’t there more nerves in the foot than any other body part?

In any case this injury should be preventable …with proper training and precautions.

Claypool is a train wreck anyway. Lots of bad mojo…

2 hours ago, NewEra said:

Ok, now TE matters.  Got it 👍🏻

at least you know when you purposely move the goal poasts.  whatever suits your agenda at the moment.  Per usual.

maybe if we had Nate Washington, Steve Breaston and Harry Douglass we’d be contenders. 

edit-  maybe we’ll get lucky and the panthers will cut Jordan Matthews!!  He’s eclipsed the elusive 852 twice in his career! 🙏🏻 

Of course.   Why wouldn't it?

You've cited my point about how unaccomplished the Bills offensive weapons are many, many times...........and then conflated it with points about the WR corps in general.    Of course,  if NO PLAYER on the Bills has done it then that includes WR's as well but that's beside the point.

Should be common sense,  but not surprisingly lost on a scatterbrained fellow who thinks a bootleg Wu Tang Clan Bills cap is a New Era official. :doh:   Just go to the embroidered baseball cap kiosk in the nearest mall and show them what you want.   Those Israeli nationals will f#ck with the Wu Tang Clan's intellectual property and there is nothing those Staten Island Bills-hating Jets fans can do about it.   Did you not realize that the New Era logo can be embroidered bootleg too?   C'mon man.  

10 hours ago, MJS said:

I think if you are put on IR before the season starts you can't return.

Edit: apparently the rule changed, but I'm not sure if it applies to Claypool or not.

It does but it is unlikely they would do so with a one year player with little experience in system.

What happens if two of the regulars get injured in preseason and will likely be able to return?