Claypool - The Dream is Over...

11 minutes ago, BuffaloBill said:

Crazy to have that kind of talent and yet flame out.  Yes, he is injured but if the Bills liked what they experienced they would find a way to keep him.

Guys on 1 year contracts are on a very short leash.  Stub your toe & it's sayonara. 

• Agree 1

4 hours ago, RunTheBall said:

I thought he was eligible to return from IR but it counts against the 8 players that can return during the season

I think if you are put on IR before the season starts you can't return.

Edit: apparently the rule changed, but I'm not sure if it applies to Claypool or not.

Edited by MJS

He was already likely not gonna make the roster falling behind missing so much time.  

This doesn’t change much of anything IMHO outside giving Burrito Hands MVS a slightly easier path to make end of the roster so he can drop passes in live games.  

3 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

You get two returns for people IR'd before the season and they must be designated on roster cutdown day. I don't know whether that means it only applies if you are IR'd on that day? Or if the Bills could still designate Claypool as one of their slots on cutdown day? It isn't clear from the wording that I've seen. 

Ok, I didn't realize they changed the rule. But it was reported as season ending IR for Claypool.

1 hour ago, QCity said:

Turf toe is no joke. If that's true it could be a career-ender.

No it is not unlike Planters Fake-itis.  . Apparently he had a grade 3 injury.

The poor turf fields contribute to it but so do footwear which gives more flexibility/speed to players but also can make it easier to get injuries.

It is too bad there are so many fake injuries by players and teams for this could be recoverable within season but if NFL had allowances for it.

8 minutes ago, Punching Bag said:

No it is not unlike Planters Fake-itis.  . Apparently he had a grade 3 injury.

The poor turf fields contribute to it but so do footwear which gives more flexibility/speed to players but also can make it easier to get injuries.

It is too bad there are so many fake injuries by players and teams for this could be recoverable within season but if NFL had allowances for it.

He’s faking? There’s a lot of fake injuries? 

Where does this come from?

14 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

Too bad...he came in with a decent attitude. Now with him gone and MVS looking like stone hands again, we're starting to get a little thin at WR?  This is why I wanted that 2nd drafted wr (Franklin) last April.

Same but I read he's having a horrendous camp. Might get beat out by their 7th round pick even, Vele.

47 minutes ago, Bob Chandler's Hands said:

If you ever get to experience plantar fasciitis you won't call it that anymore. It's excruciating. 

I was diagnosed with it by a doctor; it is a very common diagnosis for foot issues.  After 8 years and 8 doctors (one who claimed it was psychosomatic) it was determined that I had a golf ball size cyst surrounding ankle bone including ligaments, blood vessels and nerves.  I had an operation on it and I still use an handicapped hand control for car.    A number of players have had diagnosis of plantar fasciitis near end of contract and given that as excuse not wishing to finish season BUT still wanting to be paid but when free agency came they said they were completely healthy.

1 hour ago, Breakout Squad said:

He’s faking? There’s a lot of fake injuries? 

Where does this come from?

Never said Claypool's injury is faked but many players fake injuries.  

1 hour ago, LABILLBACKER said:

Too bad...he came in with a decent attitude. Now with him gone and MVS looking like stone hands again, we're starting to get a little thin at WR?  This is why I wanted that 2nd drafted wr (Franklin) last April.

And we could’ve had him in the 3rd round 🤦🏻‍♂️