Claypool - The Dream is Over...

Just now, Motorin' said:

Season ending toe?

I believe they said it was turf toe, which can linger all season even once it is better. Probably just want to let it heal and give some other guys a shot this year.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

15 minutes ago, TheyCallMeAndy said:

IR rules have changed, he may be back.

You get two returns for people IR'd before the season and they must be designated on roster cutdown day. I don't know whether that means it only applies if you are IR'd on that day? Or if the Bills could still designate Claypool as one of their slots on cutdown day? It isn't clear from the wording that I've seen. 

Just now, Matt_In_NH said:

They can mark 2 people as IR returnable before the 53 is set, did they specifically say they are not doing that?  Seems reasonable, you need to be able to play.

I'd say its hard to make a commitment now, when you have a lot of time to cut down day.  Things could and probably will change.  

• Thank you (+1) 1

https://www.audacy.com/wgr550/sports/bills/bills-place-claypool-buechele-on-injured-reserve

Orchard Park, N.Y. (WGR Sports Radio 550) - The Buffalo Bills have placed quarterback Shane Buechele and wide receiver Chase Claypool on Injured Reserve, the team announced on Tuesday.

The designation effectively ends the 2024 season for both players.

33 minutes ago, Motorin' said:

Season ending toe?

Claypool is no Ronnie Lott, Chopped His Pinky Off So He Didn't Miss a Game

• Awesome! (+1) 1

36 minutes ago, Thurman#1 said:

Injuries are always a shame.

Yeah.  Imagine how devastating this is to him personally.  All of his time and energy have been wrapped up in trying to resurrect his career, he goes to a team with a need and that supports him as he makes a serious effort at a comeback, and then he gets a real but dumb little injury that keeps him off the field.  What a disappointment. 

Now, he'll get an injury settlement and eventually try to catch on with another team.  However, training camp was his best opportunity to make the climb onto a roster.  Stepping in midseason somewhere to plug a whole is much more difficult.  

Sorry for him.  He's a good example of how precious a career is and how staying focused on the right stuff is so important.  He started with a splash and let his career go sideways a bit.  Suddenly, it's gone.  Compare him to a guy like Shakir, who started more slowly but who never takes his eye off his goals and what he has to do to achieve them.  

• Like (+1) 5
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, Fan in Chicago said:

Coupled with his past motivation issues, imo, this injury is career ending. In that, he wont have the will to come back

Faith in Humanity type are we Chicago  😉

• Haha (+1) 2

3 hours ago, Bray Wyatt said:

I believe they said it was turf toe, which can linger all season even once it is better.

Turf toe is no joke. If that's true it could be a career-ender.