Dolphins Superstar Tyreek Hill Believes He Can Beat Noah Lyles in a Race

mjd1001

10 minutes ago, mjd1001 said:

So split the difference.  Have them run 70.  Or at least how close would it be at the 70 mark?  Although 100 is meters and 40 is yards...converting yards to meters or meters to yards....figuring the half way point......forget it I don't want to do the math.

It would be fun to watch!

1 hour ago, Einstein said:

Thats why carpenters use measuring tape instead of eye-sight for computing distance. Apart from your gall in disputing math, the distance between 9.58 and 10.00 is greater than the distance between Hills time and Noah’s time (which is incredible by itself). That extra 2.0 x 10^-2 results in greater distance. If you look at your video, you can clearly see the 5 meter and 7 meter marks. Once again, not 10 meters - and this is with even greater time difference.

Saying ”I was wrong” is a lost skill by far too many.

Truly. It is sad. Pontificating height and stride length when there is pure math that tells the exact story. 

You’re such a genius. 

here’s a nice video of an explanation of lines on a track for you. I’ll give you a hint. You can just skip to the last minute or so and he’ll explain that the curved line before the finish is exactly 9 meters.

Which, IS definitely not nearly as much as I claimed Lyles would beat Hill by. But for reference you can see that Bolt has ABOUT 2/3rds of a lead in them based on that line as he is approaching the finish. If you pause it as he crosses the finish. 

the time is .02seconds off from the difference in Noah and Hills times. Excuse my lack of finding a video of a 100m in the history of 100m races that have exactly someone running a 9.79 and someone running 10.19 in the same exact race. Here’s a hint… it doesn’t happen much because 10.19 runners aren’t nearly fast enough to hang with someone in the sub 10 second range. 

But with all that said, it doesn’t doesn’t negate the fact that I already stated that Lyles has run multiple sub 10 second 100m dashes. Where as Hills BEST time ever (not wind aided) is 10.19. Which means he would have to run his very best ever, and he still wouldn’t crack Lyles personal bests. If you look at a link on wiki https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Noah_Lyles

scroll down to “Achievements” and then scroll down to “Personal Best” you will see that he’s bettered Hills time of 10.19 THIRTEEN TIMES in his career. Meanwhile, Hill is on the wrong side of 30 now. Is not as fast as he once was. 

Which is why I stated that Lyles would beat Hill by 10 meters and it wouldn’t ever be close. 

you can keep “mathing” all you want. But I pray that they race in real life so that I can laugh at you. 

It really wasnt that hard to say I was wrong. 

Edited by mrags

4 hours ago, mrags said:

here’s a nice video of an explanation of lines on a track for you. I’ll give you a hint. You can just skip to the last minute or so and he’ll explain that the curved line before the finish is exactly 9 meters.

Correct. As I said, lane 1 and 2 is at approximately 5 meters from Noah. Which is backed up by the mathematical calculation I provided to you.

That 2x10^-2 difference is what brings it form 3.9 meters to nearly 5. At this speed, small fractions matter - a lot.

Hill, at his 10.19 time, is closer to Noah, than lane 1 and 2 were to Bolt.

4 hours ago, mrags said:

the time is .02seconds off from the difference in Noah and Hills times. Excuse my lack of finding a video of a 100m in the history of 100m races that have exactly someone running a 9.79 and someone running 10.19 in the same exact race. 

Which leads me back to my point. You don’t need to find a video - math is math. It is infallible. You are not going to defeat it by frantically searching for YouTube videos in attempt to be right.

4 hours ago, mrags said:

you can keep “mathing” all you want. But I pray that they race in real life so that I can laugh at you. 

It really wasnt that hard to say I was wrong. 

Well, there ya go.

Doubt anyone wants to read us squabble, so this will be my last post on the topic. 

2 hours ago, Einstein said:

That 2x10^-2 difference is what brings it form 3.9 meters to nearly 5. At this speed, small fractions matter - a lot.

Not to jump into others’ arguments, but as a fellow math brain I’d just like to point out that if two tenths of a second is roughly equivalent to 2 yards of separation, or six feet, then two hundredths of a second cannot be equivalent to roughly a meter, or three feet. 

EDIT: Also, it would follow that 0.4 seconds of separation would be equivalent to roughly 12 feet, or 3.66M, which is a pretty great distance. Bust out your measuring tapes and plot out 12 feet.

Edited by Brand J

6 hours ago, Einstein said:

Correct. As I said, lane 1 and 2 is at approximately 5 meters from Noah. Which is backed up by the mathematical calculation I provided to you.

Hill, at his 10.19 time, is closer to Noah, than lane 1 and 2 were to Bolt.

Which leads me back to my point. You don’t need to find a video - math is math. It is infallible. You are not going to defeat it by frantically searching for YouTube videos in attempt to be right.

Well, there ya go.

Doubt anyone wants to read us squabble, so this will be my last post on the topic. 

You’re still a winner in my book. 

• Haha (+1) 2

2 hours ago, That's No Moon said:

Can they race to the death or something? Have them chased by lions so they are properly motivated?

chased by lions? That’s not what Tyreek has in mind.

News tomorrow: Dolphins Superstar Tyreek Hill Believes He Can Chase Lions to Death in a Race😉

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, That's No Moon said:

Can they race to the death or something? Have them chased by lions so they are properly motivated?

Quick. Someone ask Einstein what the speed of a lion is at 6 years old, when he’s starving, to compare it mathematically to Hills wind aided 100m time 10 years ago. 

4 hours ago, Brand J said:

The 60M dash is an actual race and the world record holder is Christian Coleman with a 6.34. Dude is the fastest short sprinter on the planet.

Hill coudn't beat compete with him in a 40 yard dash either. 

On 8/13/2024 at 9:48 PM, Stanley Lombardi said:

The NFL world would be shocked by the vast difference between 'fastest man in the NFL' and 'fastest man on the planet.'

There was a guy named Bob Hayes, played for the Cowboys, he was both.  First Team All-Pro in 66 and 68, second team in 67.