Dolphins Superstar Tyreek Hill Believes He Can Beat Noah Lyles in a Race

mjd1001

Why would Hill actually need to race him - first just line up on a track and run 100 and see if you can get under 10 

1 hour ago, Ya Digg? said:

Lyles would never take the race-if he wins, well he’s supposed to so no big deal, but if he somehow loses….not good for business 

1 hour ago, Sierra Foothills said:

I think the only way it happens is if it's a big charitable eevent.

A charitable event makes a lot of sense. 

as for Lyles, he’s extremely cocky, flamboyant, confident. Probably even more than Hill is. I could totally see him being goaded into it. 

• Like (+1) 1

50 minutes ago, Thurman#1 said:

Not ten meters, but yes.

I absolutely think he would win by close to 10m. 

Hills fastest 100m that was not wind aided was 10.19. While Lyles’ is 9.79. He’d absolutely be between 5-10m ahead. 

• Agree 1

The term "track star" in US pop culture often refers to a person who runs from confrontation/adversity.  Even seeing the term more often used for weak-willed women now.   Maybe Noah is trying to puff up and get some respect.   Sorry, Noah.........but track don't mean sh!t to the US public in general.   

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, zow2 said:

Tyreek is super fast, I'd bet he'd be right there at 40 meters...but i doubt 100 meters.  I would take the guy who trains day in and day out for 100 meters and has proven to beat the worlds fastest opponents.

Tyreek might beat him in the 40 but would get smoked in the 100.

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, PetermansRedemption said:

Didn’t see the original Lyles quote, but I’m there with him. The “world champs” thing is stupid when the entire league is based in one country. 

The rest if the world wants to actually field some teams I'm sure the NFL would welcome them.

A quick Googling search...

https://www.si.com/nfl/dolphins/news/hill-feels-the-need-to-prove-his-speed-01j54412kvk4

Hill wants to race Olympic track and field star Noah Lyles to see who is the world's fastest man. Hill believes he can beat Lyles in the 100M. It's thought that Hill's best time in the 100M was 9.98 with the wind behind him. Without the wind, his best time was 10.19 —Lyles triumphed with a time of 9.79, winning the gold.

The slowest in the finals was 9.91 seconds.  

Edited by Just Jack
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

7 hours ago, mrags said:

I absolutely think he would win by close to 10m. 

Hills fastest 100m that was not wind aided was 10.19. While Lyles’ is 9.79. 

It wouldn't be anywhere close to 10m with those numbers.

10.19 seconds - 9.79 seconds = difference of 0.4 seconds

Noah: 100 meters/10.19 seconds = 9.92 meters per second

9.82 meters per second x 0.4 seconds = 3.9 meters

Our best guess would be Noah beating Hill by 3.9 meters. Which is 60.7% less than 10 meters.