Bills sign Damiere Byrd

NewEra

1 hour ago, without a drought said:

This won't be a tough cut in a few weeks.

True, which is my point. Why?  We have more than enough WR's / Return men and if we dont' have someone by now that can return a damn football, then whomever is doing the pro scouting needs to be fired. OR.. we fire the crappy ST coach.

1 hour ago, The Jokeman said:

Outside the CB we drafted we don't have many return men options on the current roster. Hamler's performance this weekend raised serious doubts. 

My concern is how can we still after what 8 years, not find a quality return man or 2? It seems we can't evaluate them worth a damn. That, and or, we can't pick a ST Coach worth a damn.  I mean ST's seems to be an issue with this regime from top to bottom. Return issues, kicker is a shankopottomus, punter cant punt for crap with any consistency.  Maybe we need to just hire an entire new addon staff to just scout those positions.

They need bodies for the remainder of the preseason.

Samuel
Coleman
Shakir
Hollins
Shavers
MVS 

is almost certainly the six they're keeping, unless injury hits or something unexpected happens.

• Like (+1) 3

47 minutes ago, Logic said:

Samuel
Coleman
Shakir
Hollins
Shavers
MVS 

is almost certainly the six they're keeping, unless injury hits or something unexpected happens.

And not a decent return man among them

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, SoonerBillsFan said:

And not a decent return man among them

Truth.

I hope Daequan Hardy ends up taking the job, so they don't have to waste a roster spot elsewhere, since Hardy would also be useful as defensive depth.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 1

18 hours ago, SoonerBillsFan said:

Why?  We already have tough cuts to make. 

Unfortunately, not so tough.  The Bills will end up with some players on the roster who wouldn't usually have made the team.  Some of the players who don't make the team wouldn't even sniff training camp a few years ago.  

From the comments here it sounds like Hamler has been cut.  Is that right?  

But also the Bills had a full set of players, up to the limit for the roster for training camp.  How are they bringing on board Byrd and DiNucci?

Edited by Utah John
  • Agree 1

5 hours ago, SoonerBillsFan said:

True, which is my point. Why?  We have more than enough WR's / Return men and if we dont' have someone by now that can return a damn football, then whomever is doing the pro scouting needs to be fired. OR.. we fire the crappy ST coach.

Between the performances of Hamler and MVS and the injuries to Hollins and Claypool, the cuts are the easy part.  It’s the keeps that are lacking.

• Agree 1

9 hours ago, SectionC3 said:

I agree the wind was bad, and I agree about the explosion.  The wind also may have pushed the kickoff that Hamler butchered away from him. 

Still, that's a "gotta have it" ball, and things are only gonna get worse with respect to the wind and weather.  I have no issue with bringing in competition. 

Our players MUST learn to track the ball in the wind. 

4 hours ago, Logic said:

Samuel
Coleman
Shakir
Hollins
Shavers
MVS 

Like MVS has more catches than drops?

5 hours ago, Logic said:

Samuel
Coleman
Shakir
Hollins
Shavers
MVS 

I agree.  I prefer Zach Davidson over MVS.  Zach plays special teams.  And can block.  MVS does not play special teams.

7 hours ago, The Jokeman said:

Outside the CB we drafted we don't have many return men options on the current roster. Hamler's performance this weekend raised serious doubts. 

Is this guy really a returner? He hasn't done it much in his career and when he has, he has had muff problems.

5 hours ago, Logic said:

Samuel
Coleman
Shakir
Hollins
Shavers
MVS 

If they keep 6... They kept 5 last year, if I recall.

5 minutes ago, SoonerBillsFan said:

In finding consistent return men, punters and kickers yes.  Not overall of course, but Mark you gotta admit ST's have been a crap show for awhile.

I have no issues with our Kicker. We had a Punter, and a bunch of falsehoods and lies took him away from us. Return men has been a weird one.

Last years special teams was noticeably bad, but for the most part has been sufficient.

• Like (+1) 1