Bills sign Damiere Byrd

NewEra

Incredible athlete but is now 31.  He had breakaway speed.   If he still has some juice, could bring some competition.  

hasn’t had a ton of return opportunities but the skill set is there.  Beane was in Carolina when they brought him in.  I’d assume he was brought in to see if he’s able to return

• Like (+1) 2

We're joking about this, but does anyone trust Hamler to return?  Not sure that I do yet.  I'm fine with throwing something at the wall (at the expense of one of the bottom tier WRs who isn't going to be here in a few weeks anyway) to see how things go in the next two PS games.  It hurts nothing, especially considering the possibility that our primary PR isn't on the roster now.  

Along those lines, Micah Hyde still hasn't listed his house for sale.  I keep on saying it, and it's worth noting given the lack of quality that we have at safety now and the need for someone trustworthy to catch punts.  

One more item for discussion - say Deonte Harty doesn't make the Ravens roster.  Any interest in having him here as WR6/punt returner?  I can't say that I'd hate the idea.  

Winds were crazy in the stadium on Saturday. These guys hadn’t been practicing at this stadium in these conditions. I cut the returners a little slack for their very first attempts and I hope the coaches and Beane realize that too. Hamler was the most explosive athlete on our team Saturday and we’ll regret not hanging on to him over some other JAG

6 minutes ago, NeverOutNick said:

Winds were crazy in the stadium on Saturday. These guys hadn’t been practicing at this stadium in these conditions. I cut the returners a little slack for their very first attempts and I hope the coaches and Beane realize that too. Hamler was the most explosive athlete on our team Saturday and we’ll regret not hanging on to him over some other JAG

I agree the wind was bad, and I agree about the explosion.  The wind also may have pushed the kickoff that Hamler butchered away from him. 

Still, that's a "gotta have it" ball, and things are only gonna get worse with respect to the wind and weather.  I have no issue with bringing in competition. 

• Like (+1) 1