Bills sign QB Ben DiNucci

Wasn’t he the kid from caddie shack…, 

• Haha (+1) 1

maxresdefault.jpg

DiNucci comes to the Bills after several stops in the NFL and a stint in the XFL that raised his profile and gave him a second shot in the NFL. 

Playing History

2020 Dallas Cowboys

No publicly reported injuries. 

2021 Dallas Cowboys

2022 Dallas Cowboys

2023 Seattle Sea Dragons/Denver Broncos

Injury Analysis

DiNucci doesn’t have any documented injuries from what I can find. This dates even back to college at both Pittsburgh and James Madison. His opportunities to play have come at the expense of others suffering injuries, but if he has had any injuries, they’ve been minor enough to not require to be publicly disclosed. 

DiNucci doesn’t have a great shot to make the Bills roster this year, but putting something on tape over the next two weeks could see him get to the Bills practice squad or active roster elsewhere. If he performs well, he may even be the preferred option for the Bills even when Buechele is healthy enough to come back. 

Edited by DaBillsFanSince1973

8 hours ago, Sierra Foothills said:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dominic_DeNucci

"DeNucci debuted in New York City in 1967. On June 18, 1971, DeNucci won his first World Wide Wrestling Federation (WWWF) title, the WWWF International Tag Team Championship, with Bruno Sammartino by defeating The Mongols (Bepo and Geto Mongol).[5]They lost the title to The Mongols three days later."

My great Uncle Dick was one half of the Bison Bros with Buddy Bison for any old timers here... http://www.wrestlingepicenter.com/RIP/BuddyBison.html

• Awesome! (+1) 1

11 hours ago, Bob in STL said:

IMG_1840.png.322afd36c04bc5365f53f69f477b6760.png

My father was pool director at Brookfield country club for years. One of his lifeguards was an all American swimmer from Kenmore East. His father was the Masked Executioner and his good friend was Dominic Dinucci. He tossed me in their backyard pool like I was a flea!

• Like (+1) 2

Injury aside, Buchele may have played himself off of the roster on Saturday.  The Bills need a 3rd arm for the rest of the preseason and maybe DiNucci ends up being the Practice Squad QB this season.  I don't think he'll beat out Trubisky for the backup job.

9 hours ago, Big Turk said:

Why do people care so much about backup QBs? Our chance to win a SB goes out the window if Allen goes down to near ZERO, so unless they have a Nick Foles type who can catch lightning in a bottle and have the best games of his life in the playoffs it won't matter much.

I don't see any of those being a Nick Foles type...more of a trash can type player 

I read the other day that only 9 teams had the same starting QB for the entire season. (Might be misremembering the exact number).  Some of that is performance but most of it is injury.

You don’t want the back up because Josh is done for the season, but rather if he’s got a 4 week injury and you want to be able to go 500 when he’s gone.  

If Josh goes down we’re not winning a single game. Simple as that. That’s how bad these QBs are

• Like (+1) 1

Zach Wilson has landed at the Broncos, where he's the #3 QB behind Bo Nix and Jarrett Stidham.  There's talk that the Broncos will keep only two QBs so Wilson might be available.

I always thought Wilson had a very good arm but he was caught in a lousy Jets system, and now he's in a lousy Broncos system.  He might end up a career backup but in the right situation he might turn out to be a decent starter, if he gets the chance.  (Not being able to beat out Stidham is not a promising indicator.)

19 hours ago, appoo said:

Didn't Beuchele get a fairly significant neck injury? 

Regardless I'm over this grab Josh Allen's golf buddies/failed QBs as the backup. Time to spend a 3rd/4th and develop a kid

The Bills did exactly that with Jake Fromm.  Well, the fifth round, not the 3rd or 4th.  He's turned out to be a mediocre journeyman backup, recently signed by the Lions.

1 hour ago, Freddie's Dead said:

I ain't payin' 50 cents for no Coke.  Then youuuuuuuu don' ge' no Cooooooke.

Freddie, you and I in the same room could probably go quote for quote for a while about that movie. 😀

I'll defer to your seniority on this board as the expert though. 

• Haha (+1) 1

Bills need to seriously look into acquiring a savvy vet QB - someone other than Trubisky.  It may have been only 1 preseason game but Brett Rypien from Chicago during the HOF game looked like a legit backup caliber QB.  Very impressive in his limited duties during the game.  Beane should look at getting this guy added, as I am sure Chicago will look to stuff him on the practice squad, if not waive him due to numbers.  Seems to have a better pocket presence than Trubisky could ever dream to have.