Bills sign QB Ben DiNucci

Hey this guy is at least fun to watch play; Mitch is not. Ben’s our #2 “within a few weeks”, book it Danno…

First time I’ve seen any XFL, so the obligatory grain of salt, please…

Edited by Rhode Island Red
  • Thank you (+1) 3

4 hours ago, PonyBoy said:

Any relation to Domenic DeNucci the old wrestler from the 60's & 70's? Old folks on this board will remember.

He was tough! I Liked him because his name, alliterative. 

Could have played in the Godfather too with that name. 

2 hours ago, Desert Bills Fan said:

I got Domenic’s autograph at a wrestling event at Leisure Land on Camp Road, in Hamburg, back in the 70’s. I guess that makes one of the old folks! 😂

2 hours ago, Bob in STL said:

IMG_1840.png.322afd36c04bc5365f53f69f477b6760.png

image.png.7d629844a9851352ab361cf117f3026e.png

• Like (+1) 1

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dominic_DeNucci

"DeNucci debuted in New York City in 1967. On June 18, 1971, DeNucci won his first World Wide Wrestling Federation (WWWF) title, the WWWF International Tag Team Championship, with Bruno Sammartino by defeating The Mongols (Bepo and Geto Mongol).[5]They lost the title to The Mongols three days later."

Edited by Sierra Foothills
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 hours ago, PonyBoy said:

Any relation to Domenic DeNucci the old wrestler from the 60's & 70's? Old folks on this board will remember.think he owned a restaurant with Tony Parisi in Niagara Falls, Canada near Clifton Hill. 

I think he owned a restaurant with Tony Parisi in Niagara Falls, Ont. near Clifton Hill, the big tourist area.

…..I think I ate there…..more than once,

I think.

This thread would be incomplete without mentioning Ilio DiPaolo and his family.   The restaurant was part of my stomping grounds in the late 1970s when any school event ended with a trip to Ilio’s.  The generous and gracious family and their restaurant was linked to the Bills like Chef’s is linked to the Sabres.  This was particularly the case during the Super Bowl years.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Breakout Squad said:

I suppose it doesn’t matter who they sign at QB. If Allen goes down, the season is over anyways. 

Exactly reason I don’t understand why the Bills don’t just go after low cost controlled players they can develop. Obviously team prefers a veteran with experience backing up Josh. However, season is over if Allen misses any significant time. It is Super Bowl or bust as long as Josh is in his prime. If Josh misses significant time due to injury rather lose with a younger player versus fluke into a couple wins with Tribusky.

6 hours ago, MJS said:

Most backups are failed QB's. Otherwise, they'd be starting.

I'm just never going to put a lot of focus on backup positions, personally. So, if this is what the Bills want to do, go right ahead. But if they expend a 3rd rounder on a QB, they better KNOW that he is better than the guys on the trash heap. Otherwise, that is a big waste of a pick. I'd rather bring in backups who have some experience already. At least the game won't be such a transition for them compared to a rookie.

Why do people care so much about backup QBs? Our chance to win a SB goes out the window if Allen goes down to near ZERO, so unless they have a Nick Foles type who can catch lightning in a bottle and have the best games of his life in the playoffs it won't matter much.

I don't see any of those being a Nick Foles type...more of a trash can type player 

Edited by Big Turk

12 hours ago, Einstein said:

I wish we traded for Zach Wilson.

12 hours ago, Augie said:

I’ve lost track of him, but I’d sleep better at night with him at #2. 

12 hours ago, LABILLBACKER said:

Yup, I'd sign Wilson over Trubisky/ Beuchele combined. 

12 hours ago, appoo said:

Time to spend a 3rd/4th and develop a kid

Remember the Bills drafted Jake Fromm in the 5th round in 2020. He's the only QB they've drafted since Josh. There's a school  of thought that you draft a promising QB any time you get the opportunity. On the other hand that pick was also a bit of a head scatcher at the time. Regardless, maybe use one of their 2 4th rounders next year on a QB?

11 hours ago, MJS said:

I'd rather bring in backups who have some experience already. At least the game won't be such a transition for them compared to a rookie.

7 hours ago, billieve420 said:

Exactly reason I don’t understand why the Bills don’t just go after low cost controlled players they can develop. Obviously team prefers a veteran with experience backing up Josh. However, season is over if Allen misses any significant time. It is Super Bowl or bust as long as Josh is in his prime. If Josh misses significant time due to injury rather lose with a younger player versus fluke into a couple wins with Tribusky.

5 hours ago, Big Turk said:

Why do people care so much about backup QBs? Our chance to win a SB goes out the window if Allen goes down to near ZERO, so unless they have a Nick Foles type who can catch lightning in a bottle and have the best games of his life in the playoffs it won't matter much.

8 hours ago, Breakout Squad said:

I suppose it doesn’t matter who they sign at QB. If Allen goes down, the season is over anyways. 

7 hours ago, Neo said:

... the Super Bowl years.

There's lots of differing opinions here about how to address backup QB... it boils down to developmental player vs experienced vet.

Jake Fromm notwithstanding is drafting one the answer?

Remember that Frank Reich was a 3rd round pick 3 years after the Bills drafted Kelly. Remember that he was 4-4 for the Bills in the regular season and 2-0 in the playoffs.

In addition he was a big part of Jim Kelly's success. So I think it does matter who your backup is. Maybe a mid-round pick is the way to go.

I wish the Bills were a bit more solid at backup QB but it's probably a matter of cost. Regardless I'm not feeling great about Trubisky... he should be better than he is. 

Edited by Sierra Foothills
  • Thank you (+1) 1

12 hours ago, Einstein said:

I’m not so sure.

I don’t think the coaching staff liked what they saw from our #2 and #3 QB’s.

I wish we traded for Zach Wilson.

Bwahaha!  Never expected to see that statement.

5 hours ago, Big Turk said:

I don't see any of those being a Nick Foles type...more of a trash can type player 

You generally do not see a "Nick Foles type" until the circumstances need it.

Frank Reich was an example - yes he had a comeback in college but he did not show it in NFL until needed.