Green Light Podcast - Chris Long with JA17

Weird aside… CL claimed to know / live next to the creator of Catan. Seems like he’s absolutely full it. Am I missing something?

Klaus Teuber was the inventor of

the game, a German guy who passed away last year.

Very cringe… bizarre lie… what else is CL fronting about…

2 hours ago, RobbRiddick said:

I enjoyed hearing Josh talk about what he views as his best throw. That's probably my number 2  throw of his. For me his best is still the one to Foster against the Jags in year 1

There is so many Josh Allen moments that we can't keep up...

The TD against Arizona that almost won the game before the bizarre Hail Murray. (That was an unbelievable throw and catch by Diggs)

The TD against KC in the playoffs that almost won a playoff game in their house

The TD against Patriots in the Wild Card game to Dawson Knox from the right side line

The TD against Miami to James Cook a tick before half-time again from the right side line

The TD against Miami to Gabe Davis in the waning moments (what a grab and holding on for dear life)

These were TDs in key moments of games which put the Bills in position for victory formation!!!!

• Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, ganesh said:

There is so many Josh Allen moments that we can't keep up...

The TD against Arizona that almost won the game before the bizarre Hail Murray. (That was an unbelievable throw and catch by Diggs)

The TD against KC in the playoffs that almost won a playoff game in their house

The TD against Patriots in the Wild Card game to Dawson Knox from the right side line

The TD against Miami to James Cook a tick before half-time again from the right side line

The TD against Miami to Gabe Davis in the waning moments (what a grab and holding on for dear life)

These were TDs in key moments of games which put the Bills in position for victory formation!!!!

The question asked was which was his hardest throw. Tough to argue the seam shot against Denver

8 hours ago, MarkKelso'sHelmet said:

Weird aside… CL claimed to know / live next to the creator of Catan. Seems like he’s absolutely full it. Am I missing something?

Klaus Teuber was the inventor of

the game, a German guy who passed away last year.

Very cringe… bizarre lie… what else is CL fronting about…

Not the inventor...Catan Studio is in Charlotteville (where Chris grew up). They were previously Mayfair games and have been making the english language ones for like 30 years. Was not a lie.  Was probably talking about this guy https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pete_Fenlon

Edited by Mikey152

13 hours ago, LeGOATski said:

When describing the different aspects of the receiver room, he only mentions MVS as the guy with speed. Even though he's had an up-and-down preseason, I feel like that dude is a lock for roster.

It’s not up to Josh though.  I’m sure they will weigh his opinion, but McD hates when the ball hits the ground either via drop or fumble, and no one has put the ball on the ground more this camp than MVS.

MVS also had the worst preseason game of any offensive player actually competing for the roster.  

So I don’t think he’s a lock at this point.  He could still make it, but he’s dropped the ball a lot so far…a lot.  

Interesting — and great to hear — how he loves Buffalo as a city and how it's the right place for him:

He wanted to be here and was "100%" excited to come here. Had a "fear of being in a big city." The people in Buffalo "are nothing but fantastic." 

Josh also has a bit of social anxiety and large groups can be harder for him.

Funny line: He hates traffic but when it's a traffic jam in Buffalo "it's a six-minute commute instead of a five-minute commute."

• Like (+1) 1

46 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

It’s not up to Josh though.  I’m sure they will weigh his opinion, but McD hates when the ball hits the ground either via drop or fumble, and no one has put the ball on the ground more this camp than MVS.

MVS also had the worst preseason game of any offensive player actually competing for the roster.  

So I don’t think he’s a lock at this point.  He could still make it, but he’s dropped the ball a lot so far…a lot.  

They knew that when they signed him

He wasn't just magically going to fix his drops issue here

2 hours ago, GoBills808 said:

They knew that when they signed him

He wasn't just magically going to fix his drops issue here

you think signing him guarantees he makes the team?  He still has to earn a spot and he’s dropped a lot of passes, not just a couple 

11 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

you think signing him guarantees he makes the team?  He still has to earn a spot and he’s dropped a lot of passes, not just a couple 

No I'm saying whether he makes or doesn't make the team is not going to come down to dropped passes

They knew he drops passes when they signed him

• Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 1

3 hours ago, Alphadawg7 said:

On the other hand, MVS is clutch in the playoffs and McD really wants to get over that hump.

• Like (+1) 1

17 hours ago, LeGOATski said:

When describing the different aspects of the receiver room, he only mentions MVS as the guy with speed. Even though he's had an up-and-down preseason, I feel like that dude is a lock for roster.

His contract also supports that hypothesis.  They could move on but they will pay him regardless and then they will also have to pay the guy who makes it instead of him.

• Agree 1

3 hours ago, Nephilim17 said:

Interesting — and great to hear — how he loves Buffalo as a city and how it's the right place for him:

He wanted to be here and was "100%" excited to come here. Had a "fear of being in a big city." The people in Buffalo "are nothing but fantastic." 

Josh also has a bit of social anxiety and large groups can be harder for him.

Funny line: He hates traffic but when it's a traffic jam in Buffalo "it's a six-minute commute instead of a five-minute commute."

Yeah the social anxiety thing was something I hadn't heard before

41 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

No I'm saying whether he makes or doesn't make the team is not going to come down to dropped passes

They knew he drops passes when they signed him

I mean he may make the team, but he doesn’t get a free pass of dropping as many passes as he wants.  It’s not been a couple, if he keeps dropping them I can’t see how they keep him.  He had a terrible preseason game too.  

Claypool being done helps, but I don’t think he has a guaranteed spot yet.  His preseason game All-22 was terrible