Bills @ Steelers - Preseason Game 2 - Sat 8/17 7PM

HappyDays

Just now, Billzgobowlin said:

I can agree with these.  I just think the people on here are extremely hard on Trubisky.  

Trubisky was awful tonight he was taking the snap and staring at guys and holding the ball.  That can't happen from a veteran quarterback playing in a situation where the team needs him to throw the ball to the wr to figure out this is going to go.

imo, they should have come out forced Coleman the ball over and over to get him into the game.  

Throwing the ball to knox is great but the team needs to see coleman and others get experience.

• Like (+1) 2

7 minutes ago, Ralonzo said:

So if Fields is a starting QB he should be able to 2-minute the victory against like #65-90 on the Bills roster.

Steelers are in extremely rough shape at the QB position.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 2

4 minutes ago, Coach Tuesday said:

Bad look for Fields tonight.  He should be dominating out there against scrubs.

And Wilson was awful as he tried to make a case for getting into the Check Down Charley HOF.  The Steelers are so screwed at QB.

Much better game.

OL held their own, and the second unit dominated in the run game. 

Rousseau and Oliver were unblockable. 

Hate that our QBing has been so poor that we can’t get an idea of what Keon Coleman can/cannot be.  

1 minute ago, Coach Tuesday said:

Bad look for Fields tonight.  He should be dominating out there against scrubs.

Steelers made a questionable decision bringing in Arthur Smith, I just don't see them running the ball well enough - a must in his offense.  Their defense will carry/keep them in games.

I liked what I saw from our defense all night.  Dline looked much better, and we saw players flash some potential.  This rookie class looks very solid (Carter, Solomon, Hardy, and Andreeson UDFA).  This is with a much aligned safety group.

Like some posters said in April, it was a meat and potatoes draft.  As of now, Beane appears to have filled some needs.

• Agree 2

Agree that some of our draft picks looked good tonight, particularly Hardy and Solomon (hope the calf injury is minor).  Andreessen was really good tonight.

Our QB situation after Allen is rough.  Trubisky looked bad and may have injured his ankle.  At WR, still not convinced that we have much after Shakir and Samuel, but we will see.  Do we have a WR that can stretch the field for the offense?

Well, we can only go up from here I hope.

D looked better than last week, so that's nice.

Bummed we can't see any Cole Bishop this preseason. Really wanted to know what kind of player he'd be in the NFL. Even though Mitch wasn't good, Coleman definitely has to come down with passes like the one he dropped in the endzone. Not worried about it, just hope his chemistry with Josh is better.

Aside from that, looks like we have some nice RBs this year. If Cook can't hold onto the ball or be a consistent runner, give Davis or Gore Jr. a shot.

1 minute ago, Punching Bag said:

Some teams prefer to play one QB first half and one QB in second half assuming no injuries in preseason.

I was kidding of course, and I have to give the Bills D a ton of props for battling against Wilson and Fields…both of who are VERY experienced. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Boatdrinks said:

Better performance overall, especially on both lines. Kicking game looked okay. Some flashes from RBs. Trubisky was below average - no surprise there. WR position is M.I.A on this team.  

Hard to read the WR position with the putrid qb play.  How many pass attempts in 2nd half,  3?

19 minutes ago, BigDingus said:

Coleman definitely has to come down with passes like the one he dropped in the endzone.

Half of me agrees, half of me is glad he chose to protect himself. High and outside was a dangerous ball.

1 hour ago, NickelCity said:

Half of me agrees, half of me is glad he chose to protect himself. High and outside was a dangerous ball.

anyone who tells you coleman should have caught that should not be listened to.  

That was not a catchable ball, it was terrible.

QB's are taught to never throw slants high.  Bill Walsh had a rule with slants that they should be 6 inches in front of the player or a foot in front of the numbers I think he always said, so they can accelerate through the catch.  In the endzone situation like today the ball should be between the numbers or down low where only Coleman could catch it.

how this is even a discussion is baffling to me.  Anyone saying it should have been caught either hates coleman and is looking for fodder online or doesn't know that much about football and is outing themselves as naive.  

Edited by MikePJ76
  • Agree 2

2 hours ago, Comebackkid said:

Harry who?

Stupid auto-correct on my phone!

Anyway, I fixed it within minutes, but not fast enough to keep you from "Dunking on me" over it.😒

• Haha (+1) 1