Bills @ Steelers - Preseason Game 2 - Sat 8/17 7PM

HappyDays

1 hour ago, HappyDays said:

Sounds like the plan is to play them for most of the 1st half, but if the predicted thunderstorms are bad the starters will get pulled.

Last week, "about a quarter" meant 1.5 drives for Allen and 2 full drives for the rest of the offensive starters.  This week, I'm expecting either 3 or 4 full drives if conditions are good.  (Probably only 4 if at least one of them is a 3-and-out.)  As always in preseason, things could happen to get starters pulled earlier, but never later.

1 hour ago, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

I think this Bills oline is an underrated unit, if they pick up where they left off and continue to grow that’s gonna make the transition away from Diggs and Davis much more easier.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

5 hours ago, julian said:

I think this Bills oline is an underrated unit, if they pick up where they left off and continue to grow that’s gonna make the transition away from Diggs and Davis much more easier.

I think they’re badasses too. 

But there is no transition from Diggs and Davis. Thing was a clean breakup. There will be a whole new thing this year and none of it will have slow ass Diggs five yard stop routes and Davis’s sideline dash with two defenders he can’t shake between him and JA17. 

12 hours ago, Scott7975 said:

Why is this not streaming on CBS. It says it is but I’m getting stupid wheel of fortune

edit: nm im dumb. I thought today was Saturday lmao.

The pre-game party started early this week. I wish we could have seen the channel surfing and associated cursing before you desperately went to the internet for help. 🤣 🤣 🤣   Are your wife, the dog, and the kids okay?

Scott, I hope you have a good Saturday.

• Haha (+1) 1

No matter what I want to see the Oline block the run. That was by far the most concerning thing about last week. If we can’t do that we are going to be bad. I never anticipated that being an issue. Especially with the size and physicality of the guys we have up there. That needs to be fixed immediately 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

10 hours ago, boco357 said:

Does anyone really need to see Josh play this week?  I mean you just lost a Qb.  It went from him saying he wasn't going to play this preseason to now playing in multiple games.

Yes. I’d rather see Josh go up against a quality defense for a quarter than play the entire Panthers game. 

The Jets opener last year showed that Josh needed something more than warm ups and true love. 

We’ve once lost a QB to a mat and just lost  a Pro Bowl LB to a tackling dummy if we’re really keeping score. Injuries are a part of life. I actually hurt my back getting up on my high horse to write this. 😆

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 2

15 hours ago, julian said:

Absolutely, if we can establish the same run game efficiency,  should be no worries. Also we have much better depth w Ty emerging last year and Davis who has a ton of potential 

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, benderbender said:

Yes. I’d rather see Josh go up against a quality defense for a quarter than play the entire Panthers game. 

The Jets opener last year showed that Josh needed something more than warm ups and true love. 

We’ve once lost a QB to a mat and just lost  a Pro Bowl LB to a tackling dummy if we’re really keeping score. Injuries are a part of life. I actually hurt my back getting up on my high horse to write this. 😆

True love is all we need my friend, I hope you have a wonderful day

• Haha (+1) 1

Will Stillers gash us for big TD run today?  I will be there to find out!  I remember Warren flashing by Poyer and thinking Poyer was washed.  Let's stop the run boys!

13 hours ago, boco357 said:

Does anyone really need to see Josh play this week?  I mean you just lost a Qb.  It went from him saying he wasn't going to play this preseason to now playing in multiple games.

Nobody needs to see Josh play however he has a lot of new guys surrounding him and the need is for reps. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

If Josh gets points on his first series…just pull him. There’s no point in him seeing the field till the Arizona game then. 
Being the Steelers should be very good on D again I just want tonight a consistent oline push. They have a week like last week and I’m going to be grabbing for the Rolaids every game when Josh goes back to pass. 

• Disagree 1

5 hours ago, CSBill said:

The pre-game party started early this week. I wish we could have seen the channel surfing and associated cursing before you desperately went to the internet for help. 🤣 🤣 🤣   Are your wife, the dog, and the kids okay?

Scott, I hope you have a good Saturday.

there was some definite cussing going on. I’m retired disabled and often dunno what day it is haha. Usually it’s my wife off by a day but that was me this time. 

you have a good day too bro!

Edited by Scott7975
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1