Bills @ Steelers - Preseason Game 2 - Sat 8/17 7PM

HappyDays

1 minute ago, HappyDays said:

Hopefully the run game we're seeing tonight is for real. It's going to have to be a major part of our offense this year.

They seem to have more success on the right side.

Just now, HappyDays said:

Hopefully the run game we're seeing tonight is for real. It's going to have to be a major part of our offense this year.

This is the way this year.

Ā 

Defense reliant on a lot of what-ifs.. mainly what-if Rousseau can stay healthy and make the jump and what-if Von can be 80% of pre-injury Von.Ā 
Ā 

Those two going our way drastically change the outlook of the defense.

Ā 

On offense, itā€™s going to be a run game and TE duo helping unlock the WRā€™s outside Shakir and Samuel.Ā 

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Billzgobowlin said:

Sorry I thought you said elite lol.Ā  We match up to all those players easily.Ā  Do they have a LB like Bernard?

I listed 3 first team all-pros and the 2nd most efficient kicker in history. They are elite.

Ā 

Bernard is in the good player tier. Heā€™s not in the tier with the guys listed. The best player on the Bills, not named Josh Allen, is Taron Johnson. Heā€™s right there with McDuffie as the best slot corner in football.Ā 

Just now, That's No Moon said:

No, Shorter needs to come back for the ball and initiate contact. Would've gotten the flag every time.

That is almost impossible to do with his body positioning.

3 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Yeah, it has been better today. Watching this though shouldnā€™t leave anyone feeling good. We have had some back of the roster guys flash (Andresson, Solomon) and Rousseau dominate. He is the only one that will play a prominent role that has really been excellent.Ā 

Ā 

Oliver was excellent too. And Benford. And I think both backs have looked good. I don't disagree that there remain weaknesses. Still not sold they have NFL calibre starters at safety, who replaces Milano is now a legit question and their receiving group needs no further discussion. But there is encouragement available from this game.Ā 

• Agree 2

2 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

We had 1 player in the NFL top 100 on one ranking. We had 2 on the player rankings (Dawkins was 95 or something). With 32 teams, each team should, in theory, have 3 (plus) players. A team that perennially is near the top of the league should have more than just their QB as top 100 players. The Chiefs, Dolphins and 49ers have like 6 or 7 guys each. We have Josh.Ā 

That must explain all those Dolphins and 49ers championships recently.

Ā 

Dallas had like 9 all pro's last year and Buffalo ran them off the field with their terrible roster.

• Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, GunnerBill said:

Ā 

Oliver was excellent too. And Benford. And I think both backs have looked good. I don't disagree that there remain weaknesses. Still not sold they have NFL calibre starters at safety, who replaces Milano is now a legit question and their receiving group needs no further discussion. But there is encouragement available from this game.Ā 

Fair, Oliver was very good. Ā I donā€™t put too much stock into CBs vs. the QBs. The backs have been good (especially Ray Davis).