Bills @ Steelers - Preseason Game 2 - Sat 8/17 7PM

HappyDays

1 minute ago, SoCal Deek said:

I agree. And what’s lost in all of the Monday morning quarterbacking is that if you knew it, and I knew it, and everyone else in America knew it, then why the heck our we throwing the ball deep? You keep the ball. You bleed the clock. You get deep into the red zone. And you make damn sure that you don’t give the ball back to KC. Our coaching staff has learned absolutely nothing. 

If you honestly thought an 8+ minute drive to kill the clock there while we were down 3 was even remotely possible I question what you've been watching the last 5 years

Like what on earth would give you the impression that we're sophisticated enough to manage the end of a playoff game like that?

On 8/12/2024 at 3:51 PM, HappyDays said:

There was practice today, media was there but closed to fans obviously. Updates from the day:

another day, another Cook drop. Guy might actually have worse ball skills than Davis and that’s tough to do. 

11 minutes ago, Brand J said:

Also, I remember reading that Bill Parcells didn’t care for kickers. If one was struggling, rather than the coddle approach he’d make sure his kicker saw his shadow on the ground before he kicked in game situations. Or he would just stand off to the side, deliberately in his eye line. Maybe that’s what Bass would respond to better, an ever looming threat from his HC. Probably too late for McD to reverse course though. 

Maybe hire Urban Meyer to be our placekicking consultant?

24 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

The defense played 25% worse than the worst defense in the league 

How is it on more than that? 

You can talk all the percentages you want-  here’s the reality.

We were up 24-20 with 3 minutes left in the 3rd quarter on Shakir’s TD.  We didn’t score again.  Zero points for the final 18+ minutes.  If you score zero points in the 4th qtr vs Mahomes and Reid chances are, you lose.   But the loss is on the defense that was obliterated by injuries. Whatever you say man.  Your hatred for McD has clouded your vision.  

the loss was on several factors regardless of what you think

Edited by NewEra
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

Week one preseason revisits - Good news, bad news, meaningless news about our week one loss...

Last year only two teams got blown out like the Bills did last week.

One was the 49ers and the other was the Panthers. Super Bowl or worst record in the league or nothing to see here. 

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, SCBills said:

Strange wording that leaves me with no idea how long they will be playing tomorrow. 

Sounds like the plan is to play them for most of the 1st half, but if the predicted thunderstorms are bad the starters will get pulled.

• Agree 1

On 8/15/2024 at 9:29 AM, GunnerBill said:

Has McDermott said what his plan is with Josh / rest of the starters yet?

just came out.  1.5 quarters for the starters.  

24 minutes ago, Bray Wyatt said:

I believe they said 4 series previously 

I think 4 series was what the Steelers are planning on doing.  Well, I heard Tomlin say this on a radio show in PIT.  

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1