Bills @ Steelers - Preseason Game 2 - Sat 8/17 7PM

HappyDays

Just now, GunnerBill said:

I didn't expect to like our tackle depth more than our interior depth... but here we are.

Yea I have like RVD at Left since I watched him last preseason not as much at right and Grable is incredibly nimble and has starter upside with more development. 

1 minute ago, EmotionallyUnstable said:

Awesome 44 is showing up for the home town team right now. Really curious to see if he could inch in the top 5 Lbs on active roster…PS at least 

Steelers are a perfect team for him to showcase against. They run the ball a lot and haven't really tested him in coverage.

I watched Andreessen specifically there, he immediately diagnosed the play and got running that way to take an angle away from Fields. Quite possibly the most impressed I've ever been with a backup defensive player in a Bills preseason game.

• Agree 3

Just now, HappyDays said:

I watched Andreessen specifically there, he immediately diagnosed the play and got running that way to take an angle away from Fields. Quite possibly the most impressed I've ever been with a backup defensive player in a Bills preseason game.

That's why I don't see him as just a "camp favorite," he's doing stuff that translates to the regular season. 

Joe Brady is average to slightly above average with run schemes and unacceptably atrocious in the pass game.  Allen improv will get us some spurts but our offense as a whole will be subpar and be way too one dimensional.  Bad schemes with mediocre receiving talent ain’t cutting it in 2024.

• Haha (+1) 1

Just now, HappyDays said:

Add in that Fields is one of the fastest QBs in the NFL and it's more impressive.

1 minute ago, HappyDays said:

They are giving him a real chance today and he’s seizing it.  This won’t be overlooked by McD.

• Agree 2

1 minute ago, gonzo1105 said:

Yea I have like RVD at Left since I watched him last preseason not as much at right and Grable is incredibly nimble and has starter upside with more development. 

Same. I think RVD was clearly inferior at RT last summer. I loved the Grable pick.