Haason Reddick requests trade from Jets

SCBills

5 minutes ago, Eastport bills said:

Half those reactions were from people that don’t even know what production Reddick’s had and are not considering how feeble our pass rush is with regard to sacks and pressures. The other half are people that just like to be arbitrary. 

So I’ll tell you why I disagreed-it’s not just Rousseau and a mid round pick, it’s that plus a brand new contract. Yes he’s had a ton of sacks, but why has he played on so many teams? Teams don’t let production like that go without a reason

8 minutes ago, Eastport bills said:

Half those reactions were from people that don’t even know what production Reddick’s had and are not considering how feeble our pass rush is with regard to sacks and pressures. The other half are people that just like to be arbitrary. 

Well you can't have too many good pass rushers... that's for sure.

11 minutes ago, Ya Digg? said:

So I’ll tell you why I disagreed-it’s not just Rousseau and a mid round pick, it’s that plus a brand new contract. Yes he’s had a ton of sacks, but why has he played on so many teams? Teams don’t let production like that go without a reason

Good point, that might be an issue. A lot of these high end guys want long term deals and the clubs don’t want to make commitments to bad locker room characters or asstd head cases.

21 minutes ago, Eastport bills said:

Good point, that might be an issue. A lot of these high end guys want long term deals and the clubs don’t want to make commitments to bad locker room characters or asstd head cases.

28M per season there's your reason.

• Agree 2

25 minutes ago, Starr Almighty said:

28M per season there's your reason.

The cap is 255. You have to pay game changing players. Aside from Josh, Miller, Oliver,Dion, the rest of the roster is manageable after the Diggs cap hit. If Reddick isn’t a pulsating nut bag, he would give us a dimension that we haven’t had since Bruce. 

18 hours ago, Malazan said:

I keep seeing that repeated, but the sourcing of the original report is non-existent. It seems suspect that the Jets gave up a 3rd rounder without getting like an email from his agent saying Reddick would play without a new deal. The Eagles traded him for that very reason.

Same. I tried to find the source and couldn’t find much, besides articles saying “the jets thought he would play on his current deal”. 

I find it hard to believe. The entire reason reddick demanded a trade from Philly was because he wanted a new contract or he wasn’t going to play. It was public knowledge at the time of the trade. It’s why he requested a trade and why Philly traded him.

So why would he suddenly agree to play under his current contract for a new team he has no ties to? And agree to go from a Super Bowl contender to the team with the longest active playoff drought to play on his current contract? It doesn’t make sense.

Maybe the Jets assumed he would play out his deal? But even that doesn’t add up since reportedly they are willing to start negotiations on a new contract after he reports to the team.

The fact that he hasn’t reported makes me think Reddick thought a new contract with N.Y. was part of the trade.

I don’t get why the NYJ make this trade if they weren’t willing to pay him. Are they addicted to drama or what?

Edited by BillsFan4
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, Eastport bills said:

The cap is 255. You have to pay game changing players. Aside from Josh, Miller, Oliver,Dion, the rest of the roster is manageable after the Diggs cap hit. If Reddick isn’t a pulsating nut bag, he would give us a dimension that we haven’t had since Bruce. 

I'm not saying he can't play. I was pointing out what the issue with him is. He wants that amount and it seems nobody wants to pay him that, long term. 

1 hour ago, BillsFan4 said:

Same. I tried to find the source and couldn’t find much, besides articles saying “the jets thought he would play on his current deal”. 

I find it hard to believe. The entire reason reddick demanded a trade from Philly was because he wanted a new contract or he wasn’t going to play. It was public knowledge at the time of the trade. It’s why he requested a trade and why Philly traded him.

So why would he suddenly agree to play under his current contract for a new team he has no ties to? And agree to go from a Super Bowl contender to the team with the longest active playoff drought to play on his current contract? It doesn’t make sense.

Maybe the Jets assumed he would play out his deal? But even that doesn’t add up since reportedly they are willing to start negotiations on a new contract after he reports to the team.

The fact that he hasn’t reported makes me think Reddick thought a new contract with N.Y. was part of the trade.

I don’t get why the NYJ make this trade if they weren’t willing to pay him. Are they addicted to drama or what?

Dianna Russini is pretty well sourced especially in NY has the timeline yesterday. Sounds like it came from the agent but makes sense. 

• Thank you (+1) 2

43 minutes ago, LLCoolCy said:

Dianna Russini is pretty well sourced especially in NY has the timeline yesterday. Sounds like it came from the agent but makes sense. 

Yeah that makes sense.

It still seems dumb (to me anyway) on the Jets part to make this trade if they didn’t want to pay him.

• Agree 3

3 hours ago, Eastport bills said:

Give us another dimension? Yeah.

You have to pay game changing players regardless of the cap? Hell, no.

Pay him a ton and you're right back next year to where we were this offseason, only worse.

They spent this season getting back to decent cap shape, and they had to give up a lot of talented vets to do it. You don't want to be in that situation again and again. 

The Bills should be trying to get a guy who can athletically get to the QB. But they don't appear willing to do that for a guy who also can't set the edge and stop the run. I'm no Reddick expert, but when they do bring in an athlete, they seem to want one who's not a one-trick pony. Look at Von. He can still set the edge and fill his gap. My impression is that Reddick can't be counted on for that, though I'm really willing to be corrected on that if there are more Philly watchers out there.

It's not a good idea on the cap, it just isn't, and I am not sure he fits anyway.

3 hours ago, Eastport bills said:

Mario. Reddick isn't close to what Mario was at his best. 

7 hours ago, Eastport bills said:

Reddick  has 51 sacks since 2020 and a ton of QB pressures. Bills edge rushers don’t generate enough pressure and would benefit having a sack machine.

Bills had 54 sacks in 2023.  4th in the league. 

4 minutes ago, nedboy7 said:

Bills had 54 sacks in 2023.  4th in the league. 

And how many against Kansas City in the playoffs when it actually matters?

IDK if Reddick is the answer but "How to beat Kansas City in the playoffs" is certainly the question...

3 hours ago, BillsFan4 said:

Eagles gave JEST opportunity to meet with him / agent before trade so parameters should have been set up before trade so my guess is something went wrong post trade making Reddick want to get out.

2 minutes ago, bills_fan said:

And how many against Kansas City in the playoffs when it actually matters?

IDK if Reddick is the answer but "How to beat Kansas City in the playoffs" is certainly the question...

Rousseau is a better player IMO. 

1 hour ago, BillsFan4 said:

Yeah that makes sense.

It still seems dumb (to me anyway) on the Jets part to make this trade if they didn’t want to pay him.

Jets brass arrogant enough to think this....

"We're the JETS! He'll want to be a part of something SPECIAL.......he'll play under his current contract."

Dopes

• Agree 1