Haason Reddick requests trade from Jets

SCBills

Just now, Einstein said:

Breece Hall better than McCaffrey? Surely you jest!?

Negative.  Torch passing this season. 

CMC is coming off 400 touches at age 29.  

And he’s got a calf strain now.  Soft tissues derailed him for 2 straight seasons in Carolina.  

• Disagree 1

32 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

That’s a prediction for the future. Not a description of the now.

In no universe is Hall better than CMC until proven so. That stands for Chubb too. It may even stand for Bijan Robinson.

• Agree 2

2 minutes ago, Einstein said:

That’s a prediction for the future. Not a description of the now.

In no universe is Hall better than CMC until proven so. That stands for Chubb too. It may even stand for Bijan Robinson.

Fair enough - we shall revisit this later!

• Like (+1) 1

11 hours ago, SCBills said:

Welp.. Lines have been drawn. 

This sounds like an idiotic stance to take after you trade for a player...

He tells you he wants a new contract, you say hell no, then trade for him anyway, and then act surprised when he holds out and requests a trade?

What type of an idiot makes a move like this knowing there is like a 1% chance of this working out?

5 hours ago, Big Blitz said:

CMC is coming off 400 touches at age 29.  

And he’s got a calf strain now.  Soft tissues derailed him for 2 straight seasons in Carolina.  

The book on McCaffery before he went to the 49ers was he was amazing but at some point he will be out for the year.

Seems like he is going to be back to that after a few years with the 49ers in good health.

Maybe he and Olivia need to relax before game days...

1 hour ago, Big Turk said:

This sounds like an idiotic stance to take after you trade for a player...

He tells you he wants a new contract, you say hell no, then trade for him anyway, and then act surprised when he holds out and requests a trade?

What type of an idiot makes a move like this knowing there is like a 1% chance of this working out?

They were pushing to defend last year’s offseason Lombardi at all cost.

• Haha (+1) 2

I said it in the spring..... Philly getting Bryce Huff as a FA and then trading Reddick to the Jets for a third to replace aforementioned Huff was great business. They got the better, younger, pass rusher and a 3rd round pick. 

• Like (+1) 3

1 hour ago, thenorthremembers said:

Either work with the league to void the original trade or trade the guy.   More proof Joe Douglas is an absolute moron despite everyone wanting you to believe he and Saleh are both great at their jobs.

Nobody believes JD and Saleh are good at their jobs. Look at the respective records as GM and HC. Everybody knows the Jets will clean house if this season is another disappointment.

10 hours ago, Einstein said:

Breece Hall better than McCaffrey? Surely you jest!?

Things i don't like about hall - I suppose this is fantasy perspective and football

1 - With a 4.5 YPA that leads me to believe he is a home run hitter.  He also only had 6 games above 4.5 YPA.  2 of those games had 10 or fewer carries.  

Lowest success% of all top 20 running backs - success defined by first downs - 40% on first down, 60% on second down, 100% on 3rd/4th

2 - With an increased workload, i just feel like he's going to get hurt.  NYJ adding two RBs in the draft confirms they also probably have the same fear.  

3 - His head coach is not good.  His offensive coordinator might be worst in the league.  The entire season hinges on keeping Rodgers healthy, but they just don't have depth across the roster.  Reddick not reporting is a huge hole and totally screws with their rotation.  They might start off hot but they miss the playoffs next year. 

I'm sure Hall has a fine year but i don't think anyone will be calling him the best RB in football.  Too much Jets stuff still to come.  

1 hour ago, Eastport bills said:

Reddick  has 51 sacks since 2020 and a ton of QB pressures. Bills edge rushers don’t generate enough pressure and would benefit having a sack machine.

17 hours ago, Eastport bills said:

This is the guy that would make our D-line a nightmare to deal with. He’s been productive wherever he’s played. Rousseau and a middle rounder could get it done. 

Interesting that your proposed trade of Reddick for Rousseau received 1 positive vs 12 negative reactions, and 2 laughing emojis.

Edited by Sierra Foothills

17 hours ago, MikePJ76 said:

Joe Douglas is among the worst GM's in the league.  He never gets talked about though.

Since they are in one of largest media markets he must pay the bar bill for a lot of reporters then.

• Like (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, Bleeding Bills Blue said:

Things i don't like about hall - I suppose this is fantasy perspective and football

1 - With a 4.5 YPA that leads me to believe he is a home run hitter.  He also only had 6 games above 4.5 YPA.  2 of those games had 10 or fewer carries.  

Lowest success% of all top 20 running backs - success defined by first downs - 40% on first down, 60% on second down, 100% on 3rd/4th

2 - With an increased workload, i just feel like he's going to get hurt.  NYJ adding two RBs in the draft confirms they also probably have the same fear.  

3 - His head coach is not good.  His offensive coordinator might be worst in the league.  The entire season hinges on keeping Rodgers healthy, but they just don't have depth across the roster.  Reddick not reporting is a huge hole and totally screws with their rotation.  They might start off hot but they miss the playoffs next year. 

I'm sure Hall has a fine year but i don't think anyone will be calling him the best RB in football.  Too much Jets stuff still to come.  

His weakness as a runner is that he is not great moving laterally. He is great when he hits a seam and he can go straight ahead. But he doesn't have those quick step feet in and among the mess in the trenches to find a lane where there isn't one. 

29 minutes ago, Sierra Foothills said:

Interesting that your proposed trade of Reddick for Rousseau received 1 positive vs 12 negative reactions, and 2 laughing emojis.

Half those reactions were from people that don’t even know what production Reddick’s had and are not considering how feeble our pass rush is with regard to sacks and pressures. The other half are people that just like to be arbitrary. 

• Like (+1) 1