Haason Reddick requests trade from Jets

SCBills

4 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

It’s wild to think a team like this - no playoff appearances no .500 record under Saleh is actually a SB contender if they stay healthy and Breece eats.   

And he’s gonna eat.  

Buying into the offseason hype machine? I’ll believe they are a Super Bowl contender when they actually maneuver themselves into a playoff position. 

• Agree 1

He wants the big money and a long term deal at 29, and no NFL team is going to do that.

To me, he's essentially like a Yannick Ngakoue.  He's really good at rushing the passer, but doesn't like tackling or setting the edge, and lousy against the run and the pass, so if he doesn't generate a pressure or sack a QB, you're out there playing with 10 guys.  

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, MJS said:

So, he was traded to the Jets from the Eagles 4 months ago. I'm guessing this means he wants a new contract and they aren't willing to give him one. So, tell me why they traded for him if they knew he wanted a new contract and didn't have a new deal in place.

What a bunch of newbs.

They traded for him because he was a cap dump - Philly backloaded his deal and his cap hit was very large this year so it was trade or cut.  Essentially the same reason buffalo traded diggs.  Houston re-did the deal to make him a UFA faster, but they acquired his remaining years and base salary/workout/roster bonuses.  

9 minutes ago, LabattBlue said:

So Philly didn’t want to pay him, so they traded him to the Jets. Now the Jets don’t want to pay him. 

Buyer beware. 

Philly accelerated his void dead money charge up one year by trading him. 

His combined cap hits the last 2 years - 10.8M.  Despite being paid 32.25M in cash, which leaves them the dead money of 21.5 this year. 

If they kept him (and he played) - its a full 3yr 45M, and a lot of that 21.5 goes into 2025 when the void years trigger.  Considering they signed huff to replace him, and sweats deal technically voids after this year (they reduced his cap hit to 8M and a 16M void year that likely requires an extension to avoid), it's just re-doing the unit and trying to balance the books for the future.  

The way they structure their deals you have to be proactive in it. 

46 minutes ago, PetermansRedemption said:

Buying into the offseason hype machine? I’ll believe they are a Super Bowl contender when they actually maneuver themselves into a playoff position. 

Well, yes and no.  I think they’re better than Miami.  They can win games 20-13.  

If the defense loses one or 2 guys it could fall apart.  I don’t think their offense is top 15 but Hall is the best RB in the NFL (there is no debate I’ve seen enough) and Wilson is a top 10 WR.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

2 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

What I saw reported was they had a verbal agreement he'd play out the 2024 season under his current deal and then they'd work out a long term extension.  Reddick changed his mind though apparently. 

Thanks Doc. There was a bunch of stuff (most of it probably nonsense) being said around the time of the trade.

• Like (+1) 1

34 minutes ago, LabattBlue said:

So Philly didn’t want to pay him, so they traded him to the Jets. Now the Jets don’t want to pay him. 

Buyer beware. 

Buyer be SMART

If you don’t have a deal worked out, you’ll get no more than a bag of balls from me. 

Reddick has the $$$ where he can sit back a few weeks, report, and then still not play so his year accrues towards FA. Have a feeling that is what he will do. 

All this after Rodgers said they need to sack up and take winning seriously before he was "excused"? But he was super serious you guys.

If they make the playoffs I'll eat my hat. They're like those drought Bills teams that swung for the fences and missed. They're such a clown show organization and it's sad anybody in the media even took them seriously. A 40 year old coming off a major injury who hasn't played well in 3 years and a diva D-lineman are going to win the division...yeah. 

27 minutes ago, TBBills Fan said:

Oh my the NJ Jesters have egg on their face 

Nah thats just J-I-Z-Z, JIZZ JIZZ JIZZ!

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, Bleeding Bills Blue said:

They traded for him because he was a cap dump - Philly backloaded his deal and his cap hit was very large this year so it was trade or cut.  Essentially the same reason buffalo traded diggs.  Houston re-did the deal to make him a UFA faster, but they acquired his remaining years and base salary/workout/roster bonuses.  

I understand that from the Eagles perspective, but the Jets were dumb to do it if they didn't have a new deal in place.

• Agree 1

3 hours ago, Big Blitz said:

Well, yes and no.  I think they’re better than Miami.  They can win games 20-13.  

If the defense loses one or 2 guys it could fall apart.  I don’t think their offense is top 15 but Hall is the best RB in the NFL (there is no debate I’ve seen enough) and Wilson is a top 10 WR.  

Breece Hall better than McCaffrey? Surely you jest!?