Haason Reddick requests trade from Jets

SCBills

So, he was traded to the Jets from the Eagles 4 months ago. I'm guessing this means he wants a new contract and they aren't willing to give him one. So, tell me why they traded for him if they knew he wanted a new contract and didn't have a new deal in place.

What a bunch of newbs.

Edited by MJS
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Shocked 1
  • Agree 3
  • Haha (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Well if you believe the reporting from his trade to the Jets in March the understanding was an immediate extension was implied. Not sure if the Jets lowballed him or he‘s simply holding out for an unreasonable amount. The Jets are a pathetic organization so the former wouldn’t surprise me.

25 minutes ago, JoPoy88 said:

Well if you believe the reporting from his trade to the Jets in March the understanding was an immediate extension was implied. Not sure if the Jets lowballed him or he‘s simply holding out for an unreasonable amount. The Jets are a pathetic organization so the former wouldn’t surprise me.

What I saw reported was they had a verbal agreement he'd play out the 2024 season under his current deal and then they'd work out a long term extension.  Reddick changed his mind though apparently. 

• Thank you (+1) 2

40 minutes ago, MikePJ76 said:

Joe Douglas is among the worst GM's in the league.  He never gets talked about though.

He has a worse w/l record as GM than Idzik and McCagnan.. that's tough to do. It's why he had to throw the desperate hail mary for Rodgers. He's had several monumental misfires. Yet somehow he's not labeled as one of the worst GMs out there and Jets fans literally call him a Genius at this very moment. They think he's brilliant for not 'giving in' and completely ignore that he gave a 3rd round pick for this drama.

20 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

What I saw reported was they had a verbal agreement he'd play out the 2024 season under his current deal and then they'd work out a long term extension.  Reddick changed his mind though apparently. 

I keep seeing that repeated, but the sourcing of the original report is non-existent. It seems suspect that the Jets gave up a 3rd rounder without getting like an email from his agent saying Reddick would play without a new deal. The Eagles traded him for that very reason.

Edited by Malazan
  • Like (+1) 4

19 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

…..and the Jets said OOPS!!! 

😂 

48 minutes ago, MikePJ76 said:

Joe Douglas is among the worst GM's in the league.  He never gets talked about though.

Yea but he also works with one of the worst owners. I bet he doesn’t have as much say as he would like 

51 minutes ago, MikePJ76 said:

Average nfl fans just look at that draft 2 years ago where they had what felt like 9 picks in the 1st round and thought WOWWW

Imagine being the guy that got fleeced by him for Jamal Adams, to put him there lol A 90s Style SAFETY!!!