#2/3 QB

I know with our #3 going down with a neck injury, the Bills are on the hunt for a new QB in the room. 

Personally, I'm very dissatisfied with Trubisky, and think the focus should be on finding a better #2. 

What say thee?

Personally, I'd kick the tires on Tannehill. 

Flame away. 

• Eyeroll 2
  • Agree 1

I just posted in the other thread about this. Don’t think they move on from Trubisky unfortunately and believe that they will look for a younger stash QB. 

Really want them to get their hands on Kedon Slovis who is currently with the Colts right now and is getting limited reps because they have 5 QBs in their camp 

• Agree 1

What about Bailey Zappe (New England)? With his recent quotes about being dissatisfied with his role in New England, he will probably be a cut. I think he may be a very good stash QB, he is relatively young and has some starting experience. Just a thought 🤔 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Tanny's success has all been in a very different system. If he comes cheap, I'm interested. But I think you'd have to run quite a different offense if Josh got hurt.

Yeah, I can't imagine him as a drop back, go through your reads, scan the whole field type of QB. That has never been his strong suit.

• Agree 1

Seems we have this conversation every year.  Putting any significant money behind an elite QB on their second contract is a poor allocation of resources.  Heck, we went with a worse backup last year in Kyle Allen. You'll accept Trubisky as the backup and there's nothing you can do about it.  As far as a 3rd QB, what's Chad Kelly doing?  I kid.  Kind of.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 3

I agree with Doc Brown about this being a cap allocation issue.

Just look at our WR room and its lack of big names.  While I'm not super negative on this group, we'd have an established star in there if we hadn't started the season in Cap Hell.   

I don't think Beane wants to pay a lot for a QB insurance policy when he hasn't (yet) built a SB quality roster of starters.  

As for third string, I want a guy who's smart, gets along with his teammates, and says intelligent, productive things in QB meetings.  I don't care if has a noodle arm because if we're down to our 3rd stringer, we're screwed anyway.  Josh is the alpha and omega of our offense.  

• Like (+1) 1