The preseason means everything!

Bills!Win!

I’m only watching this fake football to see if rookies look like they belong, do they understand their assignment, do they flash at all.

I thought Solomon showed why he lead the nation in sacks, I was unimpressed by Carter as I just didn’t notice him and Keon I’m giving an incomplete assessment because he was only targeted three times and just didn’t log enough playing time.

preseason health means everything and in that regard it was a win Saturday.

Downplay it all you want but there were some very concerning things going on. Not saying the season is doomed but the confusion on coverage responsibility was very apparent starting with what was plugged in as the first group. Defense, though understandably keeping it very vanilla, was not gap sound and for the most part the bears o line inflicted their will on our starters. Our own o line got routinely blown up as well especially the tackles battling the 4is and 5s. The offensive timing was way off even on the most mundane run plays but hopefully reps will solve that. Not taking anything away from the bears and i do realize they already had a game under their belt but that was a really poor initial outing. Thankfully they’ll live to fight another day and nowhere near sky is falling level but if some of these glaring issues don’t get fixed, could be a rough one.

2 hours ago, Logic said:

While the OUTCOMES of preseason games don't matter -- the final scores, the winners and losers -- you still want to see good execution in them. The reps matter. No, you can't glean much when your team isn't gameplanning, particularly if they're going up against a team rolling out stunts and blitz packages and so forth. But you CAN glean things like effort, execution, discipline, etc.

For instance...for YEARS prior to the Sean McDermott regime, the Bills would look terrible in the preseason, and we'd all say "it's only preseason", and lo and behold, they'd be awful in the regular season, too. The past five+ years, the Bills have looked great every preseason, and lo and behold, they've been great every regular season.

Well, no matter how much some of the posters here want to spin it as a nothing burger,  good 'ol Sean McD was pissed after the game.   You could tell he was seething during points of that game.  He was fairly transparent about his displeasure.  

Who knows...maybe getting slapped in the face will do them good.  you see a team like the Bears have an urgency to get better Now, and the Bills just kinda went through the motions. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, CirclnWagons said:

Downplay it all you want but there were some very concerning things going on. Not saying the season is doomed but the confusion on coverage responsibility was very apparent starting with what was plugged in as the first group. Defense, though understandably keeping it very vanilla, was not gap sound and for the most part the bears o line inflicted their will on our starters. Our own o line got routinely blown up as well especially the tackles battling the 4is and 5s. The offensive timing was way off even on the most mundane run plays but hopefully reps will solve that. Not taking anything away from the bears and i do realize they already had a game under their belt but that was a really poor initial outing. Thankfully they’ll live to fight another day and nowhere near sky is falling level but if some of these glaring issues don’t get fixed, could be a rough one.

The Steelers D should be a good test for our OL. 

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Bills!Win! said:

The preseason is truly an indicator of which teams will be good this year and which teams are fake. So far the best teams this preseason are the Broncos and Bears. Expect them to be in the superbowl 

the chiefs, bills, 49ers and Lions all had poor performances. Expect them all to miss the playoffs. The preseason means everything! 

Wrong, the offseason means everything as evidence by the Jets winning the last 3 consecutively. 

• Haha (+1) 3

12 minutes ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

The question remains is whether Coach Kaye Stephenson would have determined that the team "played with a lot of character" yesterday.  Win or (mostly) lose, that was the only important litmus test to Coach Stephenson.

If many on TBD only knew; 1968, 1970, 1971, 1976, 1977, 1984, 1985 and Kay!

• Awesome! (+1) 1