What's your favorite season?

BillsPride12

My actual favorite is Fall, but I know what comes next (the cold, dreary weather and short days of winter), so it loses a few points. Saturday is better than Sunday because you don’t have to go to work the next day. I don’t mind heat the way my wife does, despite being unbearable at times. So with that in mind, I’d weight them like this:

1) Summer

2) Fall

3) Spring

4) One week of nice winter

47) The rest of winter

• Like (+1) 1

11 hours ago, BillsPride12 said:

I think one of my underlying factors in loving Summer so much is also a feeling that still resonates all these years later with being a kid and having Summer vacations....the feeling of FREEDOM for 3 months, hanging with friends, staying up much later and being able to sleep in until whenever you wanted, playing pickup football and hockey games with the kids in the neighborhood.  There really is nothing like Summer vacation as a kid for the rest of your life(except maybe when you reach retirement age if your still in good enough health to enjoy it)

Fall still reminds me of the party crashing to an end and having to go back to school and being back on the "clock" 5 days a week.  I didn't hate school overall but I definitely hated that feeling of having to go back every year lol.  

I hear you.  But I'm so out of touch with Gen Z and what not I wonder if they feel the same way? 

34 minutes ago, Another Fan said:

I hear you.  But I'm so out of touch with Gen Z and what not I wonder if they feel the same way? 

I agree things are totally different nowadays, but I'd be surprised if kids don't still get as excited about Summer vacation as they always have?

As a kid I feel like there were two major yearly events...Summer vacation and Christmas.  I guess birthdays were still a pretty big deal back then too

10 hours ago, BillsPride12 said:

I agree things are totally different nowadays, but I'd be surprised if kids don't still get as excited about Summer vacation as they always have?

As a kid I feel like there were two major yearly events...Summer vacation and Christmas.  I guess birthdays were still a pretty big deal back then too

Well I'm not sure.

But another reason at my age I like summer more.... no kids in school hence less traffic in the mornings for 3 months.  

• Like (+1) 1

image.png.c6764f6e8e758781b037fae81ad55468.png

I look forward to (and lament) the passing of each season. Whether it's the weather, the sports being played (football, hockey and baseball for me),  what we're cooking or what we're doing, it changes with the seasons. I just try to make the most of each - for the next month or two  I'll try to spend as much time as possible chilling outside knowing that it won't be until next spring before I'll do it again - at the same time, what's better than a fall/winter Sunday spent on the couch locked into the NFL with the smell of a winter meal (soup/stew/chili/sunday sauce etc..) in the air. Good times.

• Agree 1

Summer by far ... I love the heat and humidity and I hate the ******* cold.]

Here in Rochester Winter is about 6 months long though it doesn't get as cold or snowy as it used to. I think I've used my snowblower 3 times over the last two Winters.

Spring, if you blink you've missed it.

Fall, the leaves look great until they're brown and 6" deep in the yard and you know that winter is coming.

• Like (+1) 1

It's easy to say "fall" - just a beautiful season in Western NY, and the football really adds to it. Love the crisp weather & foliage, the apples & grapes, Halloween, even raking leaves.

But I kind of like all 4 of 'em.  Winter could be shorter, but I still love the snow.  And who could dispute spring & summer as awesome seasons?

Life is good, truly.

• Like (+1) 1

52 minutes ago, frostbitmic said:

Summer by far ... I love the heat and humidity and I hate the ******* cold.]

Here in Rochester Winter is about 6 months long though it doesn't get as cold or snowy as it used to. I think I've used my snowblower 3 times over the last two Winters.

Spring, if you blink you've missed it.

Fall, the leaves look great until they're brown and 6" deep in the yard and you know that winter is coming.

You love humidity? I gotta think that's a small fan club, can't remember anyone ever saying this weather is pretty good just not humid enough for me. I suppose folks in the southwest or similar climes.

Fun fact: a number of years ago I struck up a conversation with an elderly woman in Fairbanks Alasksa who claimed that sub-zero temps in AK were more tolerable to her than 20's in the Boston area - and she attributed it to humidity in the Northeast.