What's your favorite season?

BillsPride12

With Summer rapidly winding down and Fall season inching closer upon us, I'd be curious what the majority of people on here like the best.  I would think Fall will be the more popular answer because of football and I really do love the Fall season myself but for me Summer will always be number 1.  There's just always so much going on in the Summer and I love to be outside as much as I can.  Summer just always goes by too quickly for me.  I'm excited for the football season to start and other Fall activities but it's also a bittersweet feeling at this time of the year as the Summer season comes to an end.  

• Agree 1

The only time summer was my favorite was when I was in grade school. Even then it was barely the favorite. Now it's fall and it's not even close.

Sports

Seasonal beers

Halloween

Thanksgiving

Weather

Natural scenery

The fruits of your labor

“Of all the seasons, autumn offers the most to man and requires the least of him.”

— Hal Borland

• Like (+1) 1

For outdoor activities, I prefer March/April. Everything is getting green and spring bird migration is at its peak. Even the temperature here in West Texas is still bearable.

And I like summer (as long as you have working A/C). Like most people in my position, I am on a 9-month contract (September to May). This does not mean that I have three months of vacation. I have limited administrative duties and can devote most of the time to my own research. The main advantage: no teaching. Don't get me wrong, I love to teach. But I also enjopy getting a break from it.

Definitely fall where I live now. Best weather of the year and the start of NFL football.  Kids going back to school is always fun.  Friday night HS football games are always a good time, and Halloween is one of my favorite holidays.  I love waking up on Sunday mornings and having a coffee with my wife on the back deck before the kids wake up.

• Like (+1) 1

48 minutes ago, AlCowlingsTaxiService said:

I live in WNY. I own a boat, motorcycle and I golf a lot. For me, any answer other than summer is wrong. March/April around here will be driving me south in a few years. 

October through February are okay, though??

Summer- but for different reasons at my age.  I don't like hot weather but I do like more sunlight.

Now there's times after work get a drink talk a walk down by the waterfront after long days....

Fall I guess is next.  Pretty colors of trees and football.  And somewhat cooler weather.  somewhat 

• Like (+1) 1

Assuming this is WNY/CNY all of the seasons are favorites... a lot of the country doesn't get to enjoy the variety. 

Snowmobiles/skiing in the winter plus the view of snow

Snow melting and buds and nature emerging in the spring

Pretty much anything other than winter stuff going on in the summer

Nice drives with the leaves changing and football/hockey cranking up in the fall

We're in Florida right now but will be moving back to WNY hopefully in the spring... even with the taxes lol. 

7 hours ago, BillsPride12 said:

With Summer rapidly winding down and Fall season inching closer upon us, I'd be curious what the majority of people on here like the best.  I would think Fall will be the more popular answer because of football and I really do love the Fall season myself but for me Summer will always be number 1.  There's just always so much going on in the Summer and I love to be outside as much as I can.  Summer just always goes by too quickly for me.  I'm excited for the football season to start and other Fall activities but it's also a bittersweet feeling at this time of the year as the Summer season comes to an end.  

Agree completely. Love the sun being out, the hot weather of summer, Playing golf and tennis (and now pickleball), and being in the pool and lake. 

Love Fall activities, but still prefer the summer.

• Agree 1

winter spring summer or fall all have their positives. But living in San Diego the Highest tourist season is summer. And it is also my favorite season . if perfect weather exists it is here. No humidity, bugs, highs are 90's inland 70's coastal.

Beaches are fun year round but summers here for me mean pool season. And we partake daily as well as host pot lucks for our best friends several times a summer.

watching 3, 4 and 5 year olds learn to swim in my back yard gives me JOY.  Those are a few reasons. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

Fall because its football season. Hockey starts and the baseball playoffs. At least when the Yankees are in it. It looks like they will be this year. Also, the weather starts cooling down to where its comfortable outside. I hate the heat and humidity of summer.

Edited by Gregg
add
  • Agree 1

I think one of my underlying factors in loving Summer so much is also a feeling that still resonates all these years later with being a kid and having Summer vacations....the feeling of FREEDOM for 3 months, hanging with friends, staying up much later and being able to sleep in until whenever you wanted, playing pickup football and hockey games with the kids in the neighborhood.  There really is nothing like Summer vacation as a kid for the rest of your life(except maybe when you reach retirement age if your still in good enough health to enjoy it)

Fall still reminds me of the party crashing to an end and having to go back to school and being back on the "clock" 5 days a week.  I didn't hate school overall but I definitely hated that feeling of having to go back every year lol.  

• Like (+1) 1