Bettors currently (Aug 11, 2024) rank Bills 7th overall (4th in the AFC)

Chaos

6 minutes ago, Chaos said:

Did not realize the Bills had slipped all the way from +125 to +180.  Pretty huge move since the betting opened. 

Pretty much what i expected with the loss of Diggs and not getting anything in return for him in 2024.  

5 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Pretty much what i expected with the loss of Diggs and not getting anything in return for him in 2024.  

but but but addition by subtraction.  personally i htink the Bills to win the AFC East at +180 is a great betting opportunity. 

28 minutes ago, Chaos said:

but but but addition by subtraction.  personally i htink the Bills to win the AFC East at +180 is a great betting opportunity. 

I think it’s probably about right.  The loss of Diggs, Brady needing to succeed, which seems unlikely, and Allen not just relying on sheer talent but showing he can be a leader and hard worker are factors working against the Bills. Also despite the re-work, Miller’s contract combined with the fact that he is worthless, really hurts.  Working for them in terms of the odds are the fact that both the Jets and Dolphins are severely overrated every preseason and 2024 is no exception.  

I don’t have any confidence in the Jets having Rodgers stay healthy and/or perform well but Taylor is his backup so they may be ok.  The rest of their roster is strong. +180 is probably about right.

Every year, I like to make a few Divisional Winner bets pre- season. However, I never choose big favourites that are negative money. e.g. The Chiefs are -250 to win the AFC-W. It’s never easy… but…

Just to demonstrate how quickly these things compound, let’s use the following illustration.

A $100

3 Team Divisional Parlay

involving the AFC-E Bills (favourite) +170 + AFC-N Cinci Bengals (2nd Favourite) +165 + NFC-N Green Bay (2nd Favourite) +200 =

$2146.50 

• Like (+1) 1