Preseason week 1 around the NFL

I was surprised nobody started one earlier. This KC Jax game has been somewhat entertaining. The Punt God had a few decent punts already. Gabe Davis had a nice catch and looked to have another toe tap sideline catch but they called him out. Looked like he was in to me.

• Like (+1) 1

Did anyone watch the Patriots game a couple of days ago? The game was crap, but the Patriots broadcasters have to be the worst in the entire league. They were terrible. They didn't even attempt to call the game. They basically just chatted among themselves the entire time, occasionally referencing something in the game. It was hot garbage.

Edited by MJS
  • Agree 3

2 hours ago, MJS said:

Dis anyone watch the Patriots game a couple of days ago? The game was crap, but the Patriots broadcasters have to be the worst in the entire league. They were terrible. They didn't even attempt to call the game. They basically just chatted among themselves the entire time, occasionally referencing something in the game. It was hot garbage.

We used to get the Raiders broadcasts out here in Los Angeles. Their preseason announcer team was nothing more than a three hour plus mind numbing marketing blitz for the history of the Raider organization. It was horrific. 

3 hours ago, Bigvinny said:

More associated?  Even cited by NIH as potential cause:

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/books/NBK507894/#:~:text=Sternoclavicular dislocation refers to complete,typically indirect on the shoulder.

Sternoclavicular dislocation refers to complete rupture of all the sternoclavicular and costoclavicular ligaments. This occurs from a single, well-defined trauma most commonly a motor vehicle accident or collision sport such as rugby or American football. The force is typically indirect on the shoulder.

20 hours ago, MikePJ76 said:

The chiefs have been a dumpster fire in the first half.  They have been awful on the kickoffs and the jags have gone up and down the field on them on offense.

If you think the Chiefs look like a dumpster fire, then what do the Bills look like? The Chiefs came out first drive with starting O and Mahomes looked excellent! Moved the ball around to a couple receivers, Pacheco and the running game looked mint! Not sure wtf you watched?!?

Now the Bills, our starting O went 3 and out: Run, pass, run. Both runs with Cook were pathetic and loss of yards on 3rd down. Chiefs were clean, crisp, disciplined and loose. We were sloppy.

Before the draft, i really came around on JJ McCarthy, I was surprised the Giants passed on him.  I get that Nabers was rated right with Harrison Jr., but man the NYG needed a QB and he looked good in his first outing.  He will be starting for the Vikes at some point before the halfway mark this season.

16 hours ago, Dillenger4 said:

If you think the Chiefs look like a dumpster fire, then what do the Bills look like? The Chiefs came out first drive with starting O and Mahomes looked excellent! Moved the ball around to a couple receivers, Pacheco and the running game looked mint! Not sure wtf you watched?!?

Now the Bills, our starting O went 3 and out: Run, pass, run. Both runs with Cook were pathetic and loss of yards on 3rd down. Chiefs were clean, crisp, disciplined and loose. We were sloppy.

Buffalo looked fine on the 2nd drive, then QB1 came out and they didn't score.  KC lost their new #1 WR to an injury that will probably force him to miss actual game time, while also missing a ton of valuable practice time.  

I also think they didn't exactly game plan to stop the bears.  No blitzing, no disguising, nothing but guys getting their feet wet.  Offensively it looked like the timing was off on snaps and pulling blocks, and just generally the offensive line didn't have a good day. 

Nothing about any of this is that important as they know there are a lot of things to work on at this point in camp.  You put reps on film, and you evaluate.  Is this a bad play or formation?  Should QB2 have made an alert call here?  Who was late coming off the snap, why?  Who missed a gap assignment? Why? etc. 

• Like (+1) 1

On 8/10/2024 at 5:05 PM, 78thealltimegreat said:

Might as well start a thread

I have to admit Jayden Daniels didn’t look outta place today for the Commanders.

I believe all the rookie 1st round QBs looked very good in their debuts.

This could be the best QB class ever.

14 hours ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

You can see Trey Lance has some talent wonder why the 49ers just threw him away like he was yesterdays news must have been a lockerroom issue 

He couldn't process the Shanahan Offense.

He was not picking it up.

19 hours ago, MJS said:

Did anyone watch the Patriots game a couple of days ago? The game was crap, but the Patriots broadcasters have to be the worst in the entire league. They were terrible. They didn't even attempt to call the game. They basically just chatted among themselves the entire time, occasionally referencing something in the game. It was hot garbage.

I don't know, Brown & Wood made me turn off the radio in the car they were that bad.

16 hours ago, Dillenger4 said:

The Bills looked pretty good on defense considering the guys who didn't play.

Did you watch the chiefs? They had one drive with their starters and got stopped on 3rd and 2 and kicked a field goal.   That is essentially what the bills did on their second drive.

I am sorry did you say the chiefs were clean and disciplined?  they were awful on kickoffs and got pushed up and down the field on defense.

The bills second unit played the bears starting offense and gave up 6 points in the first half.  I stand by what I said.  The fact that the chiefs got an important wr injured was not good for them either.

14 hours ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

You can see Trey Lance has some talent wonder why the 49ers just threw him away like he was yesterdays news must have been a lockerroom issue 

He will be on the street free to sign very soon.  I don't think he ever starts for a team again.  I was on board with Buffalo trading a conditional 7th rounder for him last summer just in case he was talented enough to be a starter and you could then flip him for a 2 or something....Dallas gave up a fourth and he will probably be inactive all season and walk at the end of the year.

Its a good thing I am not a GM.

• Like (+1) 1