Just quit the season. That performance was pathetic

Buffalo03

2 hours ago, AZSanta said:

So when other teams run well and execute plays in preseason vs vanilla defenses and score 33 points what's the rationale for that? They were physically beaten man vs man. That tells me they didn't care to put in any effort or they aren't that good. 

Trying to use the results of preseason football games to predict anything will likely be unsuccessful. 

The bears made a lot of first downs and moved the ball better than the bills. They also scored 20 points in the fourth quarter of preseason game one. 

3 hours ago, Shortchaz said:

Trying to use the results of preseason football games to predict anything will likely be unsuccessful. 

The bears made a lot of first downs and moved the ball better than the bills. They also scored 20 points in the fourth quarter of preseason game one. 

I'm sure the Bills will be fine this year and make the playoffs again because of that guy named Allen.  One preseason game means nothing. However, it is growing tired seeing Mcdermott led games where the team is uninspired or uninterested. It happens far too often. IMO

• Like (+1) 2

10 hours ago, boater said:

Due to salary cap hell, I have lowered my expectations for 2024. I see two scenarios:

• the Bills have a bad year, but I was braced for it, statistically--we're due for one
  • or, the Bills have a good year and exceed my expectations--Yay!

I'm ready for either outcome. You won't see me screaming for heads to roll or on the ledge of a tall building.

Now if 2025 sucks, we need to talk.

I’m actually really excited for this season because the element of mystery. Super Bowl expectations were fun, but there’s an inevitable disappointment with that type of season. People forget that dynasties such as Manning’s Colts and Roethlisberger’s Steelers had down seasons while they retooled. My only fear is how easily those teams drafted playmakers for their QB. We have yet to prove we’re able to do so on a regular basis. 

• Like (+1) 1

Yeah, it was pathetic, and yeah, it's just preseason.  I was especially dismayed by the line play, both offensive and defensive.  They were beat up and abused by their Chicago counterparts.  I can live with the vanilla play calling of preseason, but the sloppy and weak line play was depressing.

Fun fact. The Bills can lose every preseason game 70-0 and EVERY player can look worse than the next and IT DOESN’T MEAN A THING as long as there are NO MAJOR injuries.

It’s football 101 and that’s a fact of life since we all became football fans. It hasn’t changing a million years and it NEVER will.

• Like (+1) 1

well if I had to miss a game watch I'm kind of glad it was Saturdays game. I caught a full gist of it reading the threads since.

I'm holding my water and as always looking forward to what will be revealed next. We don't have near enough data to make firm judgments yet.

steady as she goes friends.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, njbuff said:

Fun fact. The Bills can lose every preseason game 70-0 and EVERY player can look worse than the next and IT DOESN’T MEAN A THING as long as there are NO MAJOR injuries.

It’s football 101 and that’s a fact of life since we all became football fans. It hasn’t changing a million years and it NEVER will.

Many people here have an all or nothing mentality. They aren't necessarily all that big on nuance. 

Does the preseason count in the standings? No. Can it communicate information about the state of our team, whether positive or negative? To some extent.

Let's say you're driving, and your check engine light comes on. Could be nothing, could be something serious.

Let's say you're watching a preseason game, and your team's OL and DL look significantly inferior to the opponent's. Okay, that doesn't necessarily mean anything. Guys can have a bad day. Maybe there are guys who need more time to learn the system and to gel. On the other hand, it's possible your team's linemen just aren't as good as the opponent's. It's too early to reach any conclusions right now.

Meh first game in 7 months. I didn't see it as I was at the Jets game but reading the comments it sounds like the OL was the biggest concern. So, the Bills lost 6-3 which was the real final score since the one's and two's were playing. As for the 2nd half so the Bears scrubs beat the Bills scrubs. Most of those players won't make the PS much less be on the roster for Arizona.

On 8/10/2024 at 5:08 PM, Beast said:

If Claypool can get himself on the field he’ll be kept before MVS. I liked what I saw at WR. Shavers is a guy to keep our eyes on.

I would like to see Claypool turn it around for sure if he can stay healthy . I only watched until they took Josh out did Shavers play much in that game ? I'm hoping given what they been saying about his camp he can fit in & i would like to see Shorter become a good player for the team too !! 

On 8/11/2024 at 7:03 AM, oldmanfan said:

Meh.  All just vanilla for the most part.  MVS dropped another ball, Jonathan made a few mistakes at DE.  Those could hurt each of their chances.  Only thing of remote concern was O line run blocking.

Marino really like what Jonathan did this week.

https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/all-22-review-why-did-buffalo-bills-look-so-disjointed/id1145479962?i=1000665030972

15 hours ago, Jammer8732 said:

Fun fact. Bills didn’t win a single preseason game during the SB run.

I didn't watch those seasons due to my preseason depression. 

11 hours ago, Rampant Buffalo said:

Many people here have an all or nothing mentality. They aren't necessarily all that big on nuance. 

Does the preseason count in the standings? No. Can it communicate information about the state of our team, whether positive or negative? To some extent.

Let's say you're driving, and your check engine light comes on. Could be nothing, could be something serious.

Let's say you're watching a preseason game, and your team's OL and DL look significantly inferior to the opponent's. Okay, that doesn't necessarily mean anything. Guys can have a bad day. Maybe there are guys who need more time to learn the system and to gel. On the other hand, it's possible your team's linemen just aren't as good as the opponent's. It's too early to reach any conclusions right now.

This is definitely a step up from your previous post. 

Edited by nedboy7

1 hour ago, T master said:

I would like to see Claypool turn it around for sure if he can stay healthy . I only watched until they took Josh out did Shavers play much in that game ? I'm hoping given what they been saying about his camp he can fit in & i would like to see Shorter become a good player for the team too !! 

I saw Shavers out there in the second half. He just looks the part.could be a good 4/5 guy, IMO. Looked smooth.

• Thank you (+1) 1

On 8/10/2024 at 5:32 PM, BIGFOOTspaceman said:

Seriously…the offense was really vanilla. I feel like the fans(me at least) wanted a deep shot to Coleman by Allen but McD and Brady kept a tight lid on the playbook. 

Shakir was nice and I thought Hamlin looked good as well. 

The pre-season isn’t meant to appease the fans or even for them to win the game. How dumb would they look if Coleman gets lit up and injured for the season opener? The biggest goal is always to come out of the preseason unscathed, not to win. We have 17 regular season games plus the playoffs to watch Josh Allen throw bombs.