Just quit the season. That performance was pathetic

Buffalo03

2 hours ago, BIGFOOTspaceman said:

Seriously…the offense was really vanilla. I feel like the fans(me at least) wanted a deep shot to Coleman by Allen but McD and Brady kept a tight lid on the playbook. 

Shakir was nice and I thought Hamlin looked good as well. 

Being vanilla does not mean you cant execute a play or a block. The Oline was downright offensive. The Bills played a game unprepared and undisciplined with this coaching staff. Shocker!

• Eyeroll 3
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I normally don’t care if they are at least competitive. 33-6 at home is ridiculous. Then again I have to remember they made Kenny Pickett look like Terry Bradshaw last year and Kenny isn’t even in Pittsburgh anymore. 
The one major concern to me is the running game they got no push at all and if Josh is the leading rusher again this year no bueno. 

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, Ethan in Cleveland said:

I've been without power for four days and no signs it will be coming back on.

Hit Planet Fitness this afternoon during the game, new personal best bench press, and a hot shower.  

Now off to a movie and Indian food.

Imagine all the things people can do when they finally get rid of the preseason!!!

Are you saying you will buy all of us Indian food? I think you’ll have some takers on that! 

• Like (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

I normally don’t care if they are at least competitive. 33-6 at home is ridiculous. Then again I have to remember they made Kenny Pickett look like Terry Bradshaw last year and Kenny isn’t even in Pittsburgh anymore. 
The one major concern to me is the running game they got no push at all and if Josh is the leading rusher again this year no bueno. 

Who needs an oline when you have Josh?

It's how they roll every year.  Hope for the best... talent is not even important for the oline in McB land, they just need to 'gel'. 

If the run game sucks...get another new rb. It's the McBeane way. 

Offense is way overrated in the NFL anyway...  if you score too fast the defense can't rest! 

D wins championships.. Gotta hold onto the ball and burn clock.

Win a championship the right way!

The McBeane Way🫡

I've seen what Josh can do with Foster, Z. Jones and John Brown. Not worried as long as the O Line gets it together.

The defense on the other hand.  🤢 

We're not winning many games with a non existent pass rush and run stop like the D displayed today.

It's only preseason, right?...

48 minutes ago, AZSanta said:

Being vanilla does not mean you cant execute a play or a block. The Oline was downright offensive. The Bills played a game unprepared and undisciplined with this coaching staff. Shocker!

I get what you’re saying, BUT in the nfl if the defense knows what you’re doing it’s going to be REALLY difficult to do anything. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, DrPJax said:

Just wondering,,,,based on what exactly?   O line w issues . We scored two fg ‘s today and no drives were sustained.  Khalil looks good as does Samuel but other than them,  who exactly looked good TODAY ?    Who made plays today , exactly, that shows we will be just fine?   I mean , sure there is potential , but what happened to shavers today who  we have heard so much positive about from mcd?  Coleman is a ROOKIE, and yes talented , but most rookies take a couple of years to adjust.    The run game also looked really bad and it’s not like we havn’t  seen the run game struggle before with sporadic success from COOK ( who has fumbled at times and is still dropping passes in 7 on 7 in camp) behind a line that had a prior full season together.  Now with two new adjustments, who Knows how the o line will develop, as line chemistry is a fickle thing and today was as bad blocking as I have seen in a while , and it’s not like the Bears are SB contenders. If you can’t at least agree with that simple point , you’re being disingenuous. 

Hey, you  may be right !  All I am asking  is what exactly TODAY LEAD TO YOUR confidence that this group of journeymen , rookies , and inexperienced guys playing in a NEW SYSTEM, UNDER A OC WITH MIXED RESULTS IN THE LEAGUE, behind a juggled o line we have never seen in live action before today, leads you to be confident we will be just fine?  

Have you watched any other preseason games yet?  This is now the 5 th I have watched.  For comparison , Stroud took the Texans for a to Tank on a beautiful 39 yard rope between 3 defenders on their first or second possession.  Plus besides tank , they have woods  ( yep , prior bill) , Nico Collin’s, DIGGS, and good tight ends, and a group of backs including Joe mixon from cincy. I would take that over our wr corp AT THIS POINT. Maybe later we will be the better group , but so far the REALITY is we lack experience and chemistry. Both their  o and d lines were really effective in the short time they played.  Our o line was porous and we gave up 33 points at home to the bears !   NO  OTHER team I watched was blown out in their game; I what , other than HYPE, offered proof we will be fine?  I’m not asking for a guess or opinion, what factually says we will be fine watching today’s game?   😊.  Man , I’m not trying to be an a$$, I just am asking about reality.  . Even the Vikings with a Michigan rookie qb have put up 21 points on the raiders already!  We never got close to looking like a team that is an offensive juggernaut!  Yes we didn’t game plan but neither did the bears who put up 33! 

I know it’s preseason , but let’s be real, , we all know quality play when we see it and we all know terrible play as well ( Carolina may have looked as bad as the bills today , but they are a new staff starting to build, not a staff whose process has been in place 7 years with a unicorn franchise qb!). Isn’t it fair to expect more from a seasoned staff than the penalty filled mess they put out today as professionals?  

We should not be in denial and admit that performance, preseason or not, was encouraging today . How can you say the wr corp will be ok wit issues like claypool  being mia and MVS continuing to drop passes showing why a good proven SB  winner easily let him go even after some good  plays in the SB?  What if our tight ends have any injuries ( Dawson is out games every year ) ,  and who backs up Kalil or Samuel if they miss a game or two ?  Hey , maybe next week they look amazing and really do look like theybcan produce. !  I hope so , but now it’s Prove it to me time ; I don’t want to hear hype as that time is gone.  The jags / chiefs are just starting ; maybe check it out and let’s compare these teams to ours as we play both soon so it offers a good comparison !   ( hey Jax slrady drove to a td on their first possession).   I didn’t mean to attack or pick on you , it’s just a recurrent theme of excuses today and let’s see if other teams look as bad in “preseason “.  !  😊. Best wishes! Hope next week is much better for the BILLS! 

Josh Allen threw 3 passes. Our starting offense basically played 2 drives. That could be the reason

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, billsbackto81 said:

I've seen what Josh can do with Foster, Z. Jones and John Brown. Not worried as long as the O Line gets it together.

We're not winning many games with a non existent pass rush and run stop like the D displayed today.

Many starters didn't even play.

3 hours ago, DrPJax said:

Just wondering,,,,based on what exactly?   O line w issues . We scored two fg ‘s today and no drives were sustained.  Khalil looks good as does Samuel but other than them,  who exactly looked good TODAY ?    Who made plays today , exactly, that shows we will be just fine?   I mean , sure there is potential , but what happened to shavers today who  we have heard so much positive about from mcd?  Coleman is a ROOKIE, and yes talented , but most rookies take a couple of years to adjust.    The run game also looked really bad and it’s not like we havn’t  seen the run game struggle before with sporadic success from COOK ( who has fumbled at times and is still dropping passes in 7 on 7 in camp) behind a line that had a prior full season together.  Now with two new adjustments, who Knows how the o line will develop, as line chemistry is a fickle thing and today was as bad blocking as I have seen in a while , and it’s not like the Bears are SB contenders. If you can’t at least agree with that simple point , you’re being disingenuous. 

Hey, you  may be right !  All I am asking  is what exactly TODAY LEAD TO YOUR confidence that this group of journeymen , rookies , and inexperienced guys playing in a NEW SYSTEM, UNDER A OC WITH MIXED RESULTS IN THE LEAGUE, behind a juggled o line we have never seen in live action before today, leads you to be confident we will be just fine?  

Have you watched any other preseason games yet?  This is now the 5 th I have watched.  For comparison , Stroud took the Texans for a to Tank on a beautiful 39 yard rope between 3 defenders on their first or second possession.  Plus besides tank , they have woods  ( yep , prior bill) , Nico Collin’s, DIGGS, and good tight ends, and a group of backs including Joe mixon from cincy. I would take that over our wr corp AT THIS POINT. Maybe later we will be the better group , but so far the REALITY is we lack experience and chemistry. Both their  o and d lines were really effective in the short time they played.  Our o line was porous and we gave up 33 points at home to the bears !   NO  OTHER team I watched was blown out in their game; I what , other than HYPE, offered proof we will be fine?  I’m not asking for a guess or opinion, what factually says we will be fine watching today’s game?   😊.  Man , I’m not trying to be an a$$, I just am asking about reality.  . Even the Vikings with a Michigan rookie qb have put up 21 points on the raiders already!  We never got close to looking like a team that is an offensive juggernaut!  Yes we didn’t game plan but neither did the bears who put up 33! 

I know it’s preseason , but let’s be real, , we all know quality play when we see it and we all know terrible play as well ( Carolina may have looked as bad as the bills today , but they are a new staff starting to build, not a staff whose process has been in place 7 years with a unicorn franchise qb!). Isn’t it fair to expect more from a seasoned staff than the penalty filled mess they put out today as professionals?  

We should not be in denial and admit that performance, preseason or not, was encouraging today . How can you say the wr corp will be ok wit issues like claypool  being mia and MVS continuing to drop passes showing why a good proven SB  winner easily let him go even after some good  plays in the SB?  What if our tight ends have any injuries ( Dawson is out games every year ) ,  and who backs up Kalil or Samuel if they miss a game or two ?  Hey , maybe next week they look amazing and really do look like theybcan produce. !  I hope so , but now it’s Prove it to me time ; I don’t want to hear hype as that time is gone.  The jags / chiefs are just starting ; maybe check it out and let’s compare these teams to ours as we play both soon so it offers a good comparison !   ( hey Jax slrady drove to a td on their first possession).   I didn’t mean to attack or pick on you , it’s just a recurrent theme of excuses today and let’s see if other teams look as bad in “preseason “.  !  😊. Best wishes! Hope next week is much better for the BILLS! 

It goes both ways I imagine. You can be skeptical or hopeful. I think realistic is a good approach. We had a few runs and it was time to restock and refocus.

The team might start the season and fall flat for some games. I wouldnt be shocked. We fired a OC over a bad stretch of games so it wouldnt be new. 

I actually am braced for growing pains but I am not doom and gloom. It might be a good ramp up into the season after this next one. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, billsbackto81 said:

We're not winning many games with a non existent pass rush and run stop like the D displayed today

Yes, regular season begins Sept. 8th.

2 hours ago, billsbackto81 said:

No Von Miller, Da'Quon Jones and Ed Oliver left after the first play.

I thought Austin Johnson looked good.

59 minutes ago, MJS said:

Many starters didn't even play.

3 minutes ago, Mark Vader said:

No Von Miller, Da'Quon Jones and Ed Oliver left after the first play.

I thought Austin Johnson looked good.

12 minutes ago, US Egg said:

Yes, regular season begins Sept. 8th.

You're all right to an extent. I guess McD has earned a pass as far as being able to  put out a quality squad when all are healthy or not. 

Preseason jitters🤪

Pathetic effort but I'd rather have that then a significant injury to a starter (look at Hollywood Brown).  Oliver going down early and Josh scrambling was nerve-wracking.  

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, LeGOATski said:

I like the preseason. We spend a bunch of time talking about new draft picks and FA acquisitions that are going to be back-ups, at least to start. The preseason allows us to see them in game action. 

Agreed. I like it and I like to see young guys get a shot to play in an NFL games. I don’t put much stock into a win or loss. It doesn’t really matter. I have no doubt the Bills will be ready to play opening day 

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, BIGFOOTspaceman said:

Seriously…the offense was really vanilla. I feel like the fans(me at least) wanted a deep shot to Coleman by Allen but McD and Brady kept a tight lid on the playbook. 

Shakir was nice and I thought Hamlin looked good as well. 

Coleman is still running that deep shot…

I think the Bills coaching and Josh Allen have been at it enough to put together at least somewhat of a plan to come out and play to the Allen level we are used to. Blame it on whatever we'd like but the fact is they played real bad. It's not like Chicago had sleepless nights figuring out how to beat the Bills. They played Bad. It's pre-season. Ill more if/when they play this way in the first couple weeks of the regular season. 

6 hours ago, Buffalo03 said:

I think our WR core is gonna just fine. Shakir should be in for a big year and I think Curtis Samuel will be sneaky good to

They might be "fine" as in "league average," but they're not going to be scaring anybody either.

I like being optimistic, but no amount of positivity will magically WILL success into existence.

I think they'll be serviceable, but looking around the league, there's a lot of teams with better WR corps than us, especially AFC rivals.

We've got Shakir, Coleman, Samuel, Kincaid & Knox as our best receiving threats. That's not embarrassingly bad or anything, but it's not great either. These are how we stack up against other division contenders/playoff teams imo -

Definitely or Probably Better than Bills:

- Dolphins (Hill, Waddle, Beckham Jr, Jonnu Smith)

- Bengals (Chase, Higgins, Gesicki)

- Browns (Cooper, Jeudy, Njoku, Elijah Moore)

- Texans (Collins, Diggs, Dell, Dalton Schultz)

Maybe Better or On Par with Bills:

- Chiefs (Rice, Brown, Worthy, Kelce)

- Jaguars (Kirk, Davis, Brian Thomas Jr, Engram)

- Colts (Pittman Jr, Downs, Adonai Mitchell, Granson)

- Jets (Wilson, Mike Williams, Conklin)

Worse or Probably Worse than Bills:

- Ravens (Flowers, Bateman, Agholor, Mark Andrews)

- Steelers (Pickens, Van Jefferson, Austin III, Freiermuth)

Of course, a lot of this depends on if these guys can stay healthy or if the rookies live up to expectations, but I don't see our receiving threats as a strength. That being said, we have Josh Allen, so there's a good chance he can get more out of them than what they've done in the past.