Bears @ Bills - Preseason Game 1 - SAT 08/10 - 1 PM

Typical Bills preseason game. Looked like ass but absolutely meaningless. I’m happy there were no injuries (Oliver is fine), Bass hit his kicks, and loved that McD yanked Josh as soon as he ran for that 3rd hahaha. I love that you can’t contain this guys competitiveness. A meaningless pre season game and he’s running for 3rd downs haha. McD noped the F out of that real quick. Martin shanking punts wasn’t optimal. Someone dub in the Benny Hill music to Buechele running around like a headless chicken behind that sieve of an O-line. Comedy gold.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 2

36 minutes ago, RunTheBall said:

Typical Bills preseason game. Looked like ass but absolutely meaningless. I’m happy there were no injuries (Oliver is fine), Bass hit his kicks, and loved that McD yanked Josh as soon as he ran for that 3rd hahaha. I love that you can’t contain this guys competitiveness. A meaningless pre season game and he’s running for 3rd downs haha. McD noped the F out of that real quick. Martin shanking punts wasn’t optimal. Someone dub in the Benny Hill music to Buechele running around like a headless chicken behind that sieve of an O-line. Comedy gold.

We usually win our preseason games. I was genuinely surprised the shellacking they took. Not making a mountain out of a mole hill, but it was disappointing to see them gashed like that. The OL and running game was particularly bad. 

3 hours ago, LeGOATski said:

Literally no one thinks "it's impossible for Josh to miss significant time." That's a perfect example of a straw man argument. People obviously aren't going to bank on significant injuries when prognosticating about the upcoming season.

Maybe you should sit this one out, champ.

Maybe you should take a break from playing message board lawyer.

The statement was hyperbolic, wasn’t meant to be read as literal. I think there’s many arguments one could make for predicting this team to win 9 games or less including josh may be due given his play style and how fortunate we’ve been in that regard.

Holy Christ, I didn’t realize I was entering a formal debate, I would have curtsied before I posted. 

Edited by Shortchaz
  • Dislike 1

15 minutes ago, Shortchaz said:

Maybe you should take a break from playing message board lawyer.

The statement was hyperbolic, wasn’t meant to be read as literal. I think there’s many arguments one could make for predicting this team to win 9 games or less including josh may be due given his play style and how fortunate we’ve been in that regard.

Holy Christ, I didn’t realize I was entering a formal debate, I would have curtsied before I posted. 

Nice try.

4 hours ago, mjt328 said:

Obviously this was just preseason.

But I can't really think of anything positive or any players that stood out in a good way.  Maybe Khalil Shakir and Curtis Samuel?

The O-Line was dreadful.  The D-Line got zero pressure.  Lots of penalties.  

Definitely not too many positives.

Josh is gonna have another great season.

Rousseau looks like he's ready to take the next step. I believe he'll be dominant this year.

Elam continues to flash his talent.

Solomon had a nice debut .

4 hours ago, The Frankish Reich said:

1. Did anyone who is likely to play in Week 1 get hurt?

2. Did McD get a good look at some marginal players fighting for a roster spot?

If No and Yes respectively, I count this as a win.

BTW, you could tell that McDermott wasn't too upset in his post game presser. He made a joke about a blood pressure sleeve but he genuinely seemed like a person who has the game in the proper perspective.

• Like (+1) 2

25 minutes ago, Shortchaz said:

Good one. You win dude. You’re a genius and the captain of the message board debate team. Have a good life, you’ve earned it. 😘

I already know I won. You should've taken my advice and sat this one out.

Ron Burgundy Laughing GIF by The Late Late Show with James Corden

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1

28 minutes ago, Sierra Foothills said:

Definitely not too many positives.

Josh is gonna have another great season.

Rousseau looks like he's ready to take the next step. I believe he'll be dominant this year.

Elam continues to flash his talent.

Solomon had a nice debut .

BTW, you could tell that McDermott wasn't too upset in his post game presser. He made a joke about a blood pressure sleeve but he genuinely seemed like a person who has the game in the proper perspective.

He was not happy with the play on either side of the trenches, as well as all the penalties.  Lots to clean up.

6 hours ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

Why is it on 3rd downs, the QB always has all day and guys are wide open? Is there a complete fundamental flaw with McDermotts defense where even the horseshit QBs can effortlessly hit guys on 3rd down? It’s been years, I truly don’t understand 

Not sure exactly what the flaw is, but at this point I’d have to say yes. 

5 hours ago, Bills!Win! said:

The bills could have lost 62-7 and I wouldn’t care. The starters play one to two series on a very vanilla game plan 

This is true for both teams though, and the game was not close physically. It’s a cause for concern. 

3 hours ago, RunTheBall said:

Typical Bills preseason game. Looked like ass but absolutely meaningless. I’m happy there were no injuries (Oliver is fine), Bass hit his kicks, and loved that McD yanked Josh as soon as he ran for that 3rd hahaha. I love that you can’t contain this guys competitiveness. A meaningless pre season game and he’s running for 3rd downs haha

hahaha your handle is RunTheBall haha

Edited by Mr. WEO
  • Haha (+1) 2

Genuinely interested to hear what the podcast guys talk about, because I watched about 3 quarters of that and can’t remember much of anything that stood out for us. 

Starters barely played.  Backups were meh.  Guys not making the team got absolutely demolished. 

11 hours ago, BigDingus said:

People always say this, yet we went most of Allen's career without a consistently good RB (let alone a great one)...

I would only resign a RB if I thought he was a franchise player…

Cook is good, don’t get me wrong…But he has far too many holes in his game to justify taking up a big chunk of the salary cap imo…

And I certainly don’t think it is justified giving him $13-15 mil per, which is probably what it would require by the time his rookie deal is up…👍

• Agree 1

5 hours ago, billsfan89 said:

Reminded me of the Steelers week 1 pre-season game. Just looked like the team was still "shaking the rust off" and working on things so to speak. 

It was week 2 but Allen's first start.  Kenny Pickett embarrasses Josh Allen as Bills quarterback struggles on pre-season start

• Like (+1) 2

Simply a terrible showing. If there’s anything to be gleaned from this it’s the glaring lack of depth -but the starters looked very poor as well. Fans should demand a refund. Nothing about this performance gives hope for a team in major transition. Jmo.…