The most loathsome NFL players of all time

On 8/10/2024 at 4:28 PM, Maine-iac said:

Just remembered Gronk jumping on White while he was on the ground.  Not quite swinging a helmet at someone but pretty bad.

I am shocked he took until page 3 to show up. What a POS that guy is. Can throw Brady in with Belicheat.

On 8/9/2024 at 5:22 PM, Steptide said:

Cuz as much as bills fans hated him, deep down they know he's the goat 

If he's the goat then why does he need video camera footage and deflated footballs to help him win games.

He's not the goat. 

From a biased Bills fan's perspective and not taking into account off the field criminality, etc...just on-the-field/football-related.

Players:

Tom Brady

Brian Cox

Rob Gronkowski

Jarvis Landry

Dan Marino

Christian Wilkins

Ndamukong Suh

Odell Beckham, Jr.

Michael Irvin

Coaches:

Jimmy Johnson

Bill Belichick

• Agree 1

42 minutes ago, folz said:

From a biased Bills fan's perspective and not taking into account off the field criminality, etc...just on-the-field/football-related.

Players:

Tom Brady

Brian Cox

Rob Gronkowski

Jarvis Landry

Dan Marino

Christian Wilkins

Ndamukong Suh

Odell Beckham, Jr.

Michael Irvin

Coaches:

Jimmy Johnson

Bill Belichick

If we are adding coaches it's easy.... Rex Ryan. Absolute prick of a man.

3 hours ago, Jerome007 said:

Why? At least they delivered on the field. JJ maybe not at the end of his career, but he was a super dominant force for the first 5 years.

Self centered pricks.  Loathsome is the perfect description of them and the title of the thread.

On 8/9/2024 at 9:19 PM, Mr. WEO said:

who did Ray Lewis murder?

Kraft got a hand from  the middle aged lady who ran the tug shop

He didn’t murder anyone. Two friends of his stabbed two guys and killed them in an incident that the jury decided was self-defense in Atlanta. Lewis was there (sitting in a limo) when it happened. He told everyone to keep quiet about it and refused to talk to the cops. He was charged with obstruction and made a plea deal to testify. I lived in Atlanta at the time and it was big local news for a while.

https://www.sportingnews.com/us/nfl/news/ray-lewis-murder-trial-controversy/0ae4fc1ec50219fdc3527892

Lewis broke from his childhood friends and turned his life around. He’s held in high esteem by Baltimore police and runs fitness clinics for them for free. 

I’ve never been a fan of Lewis but he doesn’t belong on this list.

my 2 cents

• Dislike 2

48 minutes ago, BisonMan said:

He didn’t murder anyone. Two friends of his stabbed two guys and killed them in an incident that the jury decided was self-defense in Atlanta. Lewis was there (sitting in a limo) when it happened. He told everyone to keep quiet about it and refused to talk to the cops. He was charged with obstruction and made a plea deal to testify. I lived in Atlanta at the time and it was big local news for a while.

https://www.sportingnews.com/us/nfl/news/ray-lewis-murder-trial-controversy/0ae4fc1ec50219fdc3527892

Lewis broke from his childhood friends and turned his life around. He’s held in high esteem by Baltimore police and runs fitness clinics for them for free. 

I’ve never been a fan of Lewis but he doesn’t belong on this list.

my 2 cents

he's no murderer, but he's a POS all the same.  he personally saw to it that any investigation of himself, and by extension his buddies, would be so compromised that nobody would do jail time.

he killed that murder investigation

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

he's no murderer, but he's a POS all the same.  he personally saw to it that any investigation of himself, and by extension his buddies, would be so compromised that nobody would do jail time.

he killed that murder investigation

Again, I’m no fan of his but that was not reason for the outcome of the case. Lewis testified that he saw his friend stab the guy. He testified against his friends. By some accounts, the DA did a really poor job but all the evidence was available including the knife. It sounds like a violent street fight that the jury felt the “winners” were defending themselves. 

At worst, Lewis was protecting his friends and probably worried about his reputation. If I was there when my longtime friends got attacked and killed somebody, I’m not sure if my instincts would be to protect them or call the cops and hope they wouldn’t be charged. I didn’t grow up in his environment so I not a great judge of his actions.

On 8/9/2024 at 7:05 PM, TheCockSportif said:

I'm going with Jameis Winston (high draft pick, never realized potential), Ryan Leaf (obvs!), and Jack Tatum.

Sky's the limit.  Who are yours?

(Apologies if this thread was created repeatedly over the past decades.)

this is a crazy list honestly.... first 2 at least, dunno 3rd dude. Jameis is funny as hell and grew outta his college bs, which was minor. unironically love hearing him talk now.... same with Leaf, dude went off the deepend into drugs, and came back to serve others in a time where addicts die more/faster than ever.... he can be cringey on twitter time to time, but dudes a joy to hear speak

did you mean loathsome lol? maybe slothsome players lol

On 8/10/2024 at 2:23 AM, Nelius said:

yeah man Big Ben legitimately scares women and looks like he stinks, all around trash heap from Fraggle Rock

Big Ben played 18 years, never had any type of endorsement deal, kind of odd considering his production.

He was Deshaun Watson before Watson came into the league. The Georgia sheriff's office was gaga over him, basically blew off the rape allegations. 

7 hours ago, BisonMan said:

Again, I’m no fan of his but that was not reason for the outcome of the case. Lewis testified that he saw his friend stab the guy. He testified against his friends. By some accounts, the DA did a really poor job but all the evidence was available including the knife. It sounds like a violent street fight that the jury felt the “winners” were defending themselves. 

At worst, Lewis was protecting his friends and probably worried about his reputation. If I was there when my longtime friends got attacked and killed somebody, I’m not sure if my instincts would be to protect them or call the cops and hope they wouldn’t be charged. I didn’t grow up in his environment so I not a great judge of his actions.

his environment was as a 4th year NFL player wearing a fur coat in a limo.  the jury couldn't convict with little evidence and no one talking

16 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

his environment was as a 4th year NFL player wearing a fur coat in a limo.  the jury couldn't convict with little evidence and no one talking

Again, Lewis testified at the trial as did several other witnesses. The only people not talking were the defendants, as is typical. There was never a question as to who did the stabbing at trial. The only question was whether it was self defense. We went from “he murdered somebody” to “he sat in a limo”. Not sure what relevance his coat was. He didn’t grow up a rich NFL player.

He absolutely tried to keep his mouth shut and hide his presence at the scene of the confrontation. He’s admitted that along with telling others to do the same. In the end, with all the evidence and testimony, the jury believed it was self defense.

8 hours ago, BisonMan said:

Again, Lewis testified at the trial as did several other witnesses. The only people not talking were the defendants, as is typical. There was never a question as to who did the stabbing at trial. The only question was whether it was self defense. We went from “he murdered somebody” to “he sat in a limo”. Not sure what relevance his coat was. He didn’t grow up a rich NFL player.

He absolutely tried to keep his mouth shut and hide his presence at the scene of the confrontation. He’s admitted that along with telling others to do the same. In the end, with all the evidence and testimony, the jury believed it was self defense.

I haven't seen interviews of the majority of the jury.  they found them not guilty of the charges.